Are your kids really developing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First video reminded me of Barcelona getting crushed by Bayern last year in the Champions playoff. Possession minded Barca had the ball for 75% of the game and still got destroyed by the bigger, faster and aggressive team.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Does Barca play "uncreative possession style" too?
      Did you happen to see them get crushed by Bayern Munich in last years Champion league playoffs even though they dominated possession? Barca is primarily decent because they have the most gifted player on the planet. Messi is what makes them great and the only reason to watch. Without him their possession soccer is very boring and would routinely get beaten by bigger, better athletes.

Comment

Did you happen to see them get crushed by Bayern Munich in last years Champion league playoffs even though they dominated possession? Barca is primarily decent because they have the most gifted player on the planet. Messi is what makes them great and the only reason to watch. Without him their possession soccer is very boring and would routinely get beaten by bigger, better athletes.
        Yes, I did. And the rest of your post is just a little hyperbolic.

"Only reason to watch?" For starters, I've never heard a fan of the game say a bad word about Iniesta.

Comment

The possession team without Messi is called Spain national team. And it happened to win the world cup last time.

Comment

Does Barca play "uncreative possession style" too?
            plenty of limeys find barca style of play boring. oh, they how do go on about it.

Comment

plenty of limeys find barca style of play boring. oh, they how do go on about it.
              Of course they do as they watch the Spanish and Dutch plow through the tournament at the expense of ogres like England.

And whomever mentioned playing the beautiful game like hockey is an idiot ...... as in soccer, there is more than one way to play .... you can goon it up like America and England or you can play a patient, precision, finesse possession game like Spain and Brazil ...... hockey can be really pretty or really ugly ..... just like soccer ..... it is a MUCH faster game in a MUCH tighter space .... and contact is not just allowed, it is a necessity because of the speed .... that said, well-played hockey games are quite 'beautiful' as is soccer. Often, neither game sees this kind of play enough.

Comment

Of course they do as they watch the Spanish and Dutch plow through the tournament at the expense of ogres like England.

And whomever mentioned playing the beautiful game like hockey is an idiot ...... as in soccer, there is more than one way to play .... you can goon it up like America and England or you can play a patient, precision, finesse possession game like Spain and Brazil ...... hockey can be really pretty or really ugly ..... just like soccer ..... it is a MUCH faster game in a MUCH tighter space .... and contact is not just allowed, it is a necessity because of the speed .... that said, well-played hockey games are quite 'beautiful' as is soccer. Often, neither game sees this kind of play enough.
                I think that fostering creativity at a young age means deemphasizing tactics to a degree. If a player wants to take on the defender, he should be given support. If he loses the ball, that's ok. Coaches that harangue players to change the field away from pressure, which is correct when players are older and winning becomes important, do a disservice to this concept.

Re Barcelona v Bayern. Barcelona were definitely tactically naive, and have been since Pep took over. You don't go to Inter, or Chelsea, or Bayern looking to dominate possession and come back with win. A tie is enough.

However, Bayerns second and third goal in first leg should have been called back (offsides, and foul from Mueller on Alba).

It us one thong to say Barca lost, quite another to say the other team is better. I would rather have my kids emulate Barca any day.

Comment

I watched my son play yesterday and the answer is 'yes'. He is developing. There was good ball control and attempts at good ball control. they moved well into positions when they did not have the ball and kept form. There were also periods of sloppiness, but significantly less than in the past.

I agree that at the younger ages ball control is essential to learn. You can always add another method later, but if you don't develop the ball control early then you will be lost later on.

Comment

It's the same team

Watch your kids and ask yourself, is my kid AND his/her team really developing? I look for my son to improve at least in one aspect of the game each time he steps on the field. Watching this video and reading this article made me think, is the team developing as a whole to reach greatness? Anyways just a thought please check this out i enjoyed it

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/the91...h-development/
                    The two parts of the video are the same team, just the coach lets them play by themselves the first half, and then the second half he tells them what to do, right?

Which means they aren't learning to read the field and move based on where the players are, they are learning where to move based on what the coach is telling them. Listen closely, and you will here the coach telling them where to make every pass. This coach is doing all of the players a disservice.

Comment

Look you have to develop skill and building the ball from the back at early ages movement through the field is angle passing lanes runs etc... But the first this a child needs is skill , passing dribbling and most important touch then head passing and blah blah blah
                      But without touch your done might as well boot and scoot !

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI4...RUmMHjm3H_jjbg

Comment

...or you can play a patient, precision, finesse possession game like Spain and Brazil ......
                          Yeah, I've seen them diving and flopping around like a fish out of water as if a change in wind direction will knock them over and break their femur in six places. Very beautiful.

Comment

Heard another parent describing club soccer this way...

"First Class or Bulk Freight."

They went on to say that the funny thing about club soccer parents, most don't know they were bulk freight, but still paid first class, until the ride is over.

Comment

Random Question answer needs updating.

Not gold.

http://usclubsoccer.org/2016/08/11/u...ches-referees/

Comment

Heard another parent describing club soccer this way...

"First Class or Bulk Freight."

They went on to say that the funny thing about club soccer parents, most don't know they were bulk freight, but still paid first class, until the ride is over.
                                Ding! Ding! Especially true on the boys side. Amazing how many D3 bound players are on DA rosters. It sucks the life right out of the program. Little wonder the American men are where they are at.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X