Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Shore Soccer League charging for Parking

This horrible organization decides to charge $10 to park in the middle of a cow pasture in Bridgewater for the playoffs. I felt bad for the teenagers put out there to collect as the frustrated parents tried to drop off the kids.

Any other leagues do this money grab??

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This horrible organization decides to charge $10 to park in the middle of a cow pasture in Bridgewater for the playoffs. I felt bad for the teenagers put out there to collect as the frustrated parents tried to drop off the kids.

Any other leagues do this money grab??
    Stop complaining. You're the reason youth sports suck. If you don't like it park up the road where it was free.

Comment

Whoa hold on there a minute. I am all for calling out those who complain but this one here is legit. Charge parents to pay to park at a youth soccer tournament? That is utterly ridiculous. I am hoping this is a troll and the story is untrue but that is a complete money grab.

Comment

Whoa hold on there a minute. I am all for calling out those who complain but this one here is legit. Charge parents to pay to park at a youth soccer tournament? That is utterly ridiculous. I am hoping this is a troll and the story is untrue but that is a complete money grab.
        I can confirm, and wasn't even a tournament, town travel soccer playoffs. One game per day. So glad to be done with this league.

Comment

Don't sweat the small stuff. I looked at it as a donation to a non-profit organization that does something good for kids...I also tipped the counter help at the snack shack, so I was down $12 for the day. That said, the shenanigans that resulted in multiple forfeitures by teams that schlepped down there on a beautiful day? That was shameful, and reason enough to be glad to be done with town soccer.

Comment

Don't sweat the small stuff. I looked at it as a donation to a non-profit organization that does something good for kids...I also tipped the counter help at the snack shack, so I was down $12 for the day. That said, the shenanigans that resulted in multiple forfeitures by teams that schlepped down there on a beautiful day? That was shameful, and reason enough to be glad to be done with town soccer.
            I agree, don’t sweat the small stuff. Hopefully they still let people park that truly couldn’t spare the cash, and hopefully the money collected in parking went to the organization.
            Curious, why were there forfeitures? I’m not from the South Shore, but hate to see any youth rec. program not able to serve its purpose of providing soccer for everyone that wants to play.

Comment

try a disney tourney where you have to pay 44 bucks to enter. pay to play sucks

Comment

Curious, why were there forfeitures? I’m not from the South Shore, but hate to see any youth rec. program not able to serve its purpose of providing soccer for everyone that wants to play.
                Roster shenanigans by misguided town organization.

Comment

Charging for parking is BS, if it’s for charity then make in voluntary- not everyone travels with cash when it’s not planned expense

Comment

Just want to clear somethings up. I think what the poster means if you were a non coach or not a handicapped person you had to pay $10 to park in the main parking lot. Which is next to the fields. It was free to park in the back fields. Also not sure it was the league charging or Bridgwater soccer charging? Im pretty sure it was bridgewater charging to make some extra money just like bridgewater was running the snack bar also.
                    I'm thinking some one has a one to pick with this league.

Comment

IIRC, the back parking lot at Bridgewater connects directly to the playing fields on the other side. If so, it should be no big deal, right?

Comment

IIRC, the back parking lot at Bridgewater connects directly to the playing fields on the other side. If so, it should be no big deal, right?
                        Parking? Zzzzzz. The real problem is a league that punished a group of 12 year old boys for an innocent roster error committed by the clueless adults in charge of their hapless town program by making them forfeit at game time. That's unforgivable.
                        Snack bar was hopping though.

Comment

Parking? Zzzzzz. The real problem is a league that punished a group of 12 year old boys for an innocent roster error committed by the clueless adults in charge of their hapless town program by making them forfeit at game time. That's unforgivable.
                          Snack bar was hopping though.
                          What is an "innocent" error?
                          Can't blame a league if there is something wrong with the roster blame the town.
                          Rules are rules no matter how small the broken rule is. Hope you blame the coach also. At a town level the coach is one in charge of their roster and should know if there is a problem with it. My guess is the team in question probably got away with this error all season them when someone finally caught it said team starts to complain.

Comment

What is an "innocent" error?
                            Can't blame a league if there is something wrong with the roster blame the town.
                            Rules are rules no matter how small the broken rule is. Hope you blame the coach also. At a town level the coach is one in charge of their roster and should know if there is a problem with it. My guess is the team in question probably got away with this error all season them when someone finally caught it said team starts to complain.
                            Totally agree—don’t just blame the coach, punish the coach. Don’t just blame the town, punish the town. But for the love of God don’t take a team of kids off the field. There was something sadistic or score-setting going on with the adults. But the adults will go on, the town will have another crop of youngsters to run. But these boys are NEVER at this moment in their lives again. Who really got punished?

Comment

So what actually happened?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X