X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good interview with TBU's Tiffeny Milbrett

https://www.uslsoccer.com/news_article/show/1027704

Some good insights on where the youth game is going.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Crazy that TBU has not one but two of the players from the original 1999 World Cup winners coaching there.

Comment

Crazy that TBU has not one but two of the players from the original 1999 World Cup winners coaching there.
      Mrs Fotop coaches at Eckerd College.

Comment

Mrs Fotop coaches at Eckerd College.
        She used to do both, Eckerd and TBU. Only Eckerd now?

Comment

"It’s great that we want to be the greatest in our local area or regionally, but in order to really grow into a nationally-ranked top contender, you have to have a pulse on what is the level of the game and what’s happening in all those top-level areas. And my recent experience has afforded me is an idea of all that, hopefully we can bring those things in line if we’re a little behind, whether it’s even the structure of things or the organizational pieces or the programming pieces, we can inject those things pretty quickly to continue to build."

Sounds like she has some changes in mind at TBU.

Comment

"It’s great that we want to be the greatest in our local area or regionally, but in order to really grow into a nationally-ranked top contender, you have to have a pulse on what is the level of the game and what’s happening in all those top-level areas. And my recent experience has afforded me is an idea of all that, hopefully we can bring those things in line if we’re a little behind, whether it’s even the structure of things or the organizational pieces or the programming pieces, we can inject those things pretty quickly to continue to build."

Sounds like she has some changes in mind at TBU.
            She will have a hell of a job removing the UT mafia. Good luck to her.

Comment

She will have a hell of a job removing the UT mafia. Good luck to her.
              Totally agree. That TBU mafia bunch could screw up a wet dream. So to have a woman come in to basically run the show...hang on! The TBU mafia ran Charlie out in a few years. This lady has a fine history so maybe, just maybe, she can put the Hoffa hit squad under the turf. Tampa really needs this type of developmental first approach to soccer. It has always been about wins and loses, and also pitiful coaching at the highest levels in the surrounding clubs. Look at WFF. That club is just plain sad right now. YoYo has literally run the girls side into the ground, and the club has done nothing about it period. The exact same crap coaching, year in and year out, and they expect a different result. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result...I think they call that CRAZY, right?

TBU has all the tools but that ridiculous mafia coaching staff really needs to go! AB and JC are average coaches with some of the greatest soccer talent in the nation on their teams. They screw with the girls heads mentally and instead of players developing and loving the game of soccer, they literally hate it, or hate the process at TBU. This is why the best leagues in the country have always chosen WFF as the top club in Tampa over TBU. ECNL went to WFF first. Then GDA went to WFF first. All of you with the current TBU blinders on should really pay attention to those two facts because outside of Tampa, the TBU mafia has a very bad reputation. AB is always the deal killer, with JC, the former criminal, as his crony.

Best of luck TBU in making this work out for the best!

Comment

Totally agree. That TBU mafia bunch could screw up a wet dream. So to have a woman come in to basically run the show...hang on! The TBU mafia ran Charlie out in a few years. This lady has a fine history so maybe, just maybe, she can put the Hoffa hit squad under the turf. Tampa really needs this type of developmental first approach to soccer. It has always been about wins and loses, and also pitiful coaching at the highest levels in the surrounding clubs. Look at WFF. That club is just plain sad right now. YoYo has literally run the girls side into the ground, and the club has done nothing about it period. The exact same crap coaching, year in and year out, and they expect a different result. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result...I think they call that CRAZY, right?

TBU has all the tools but that ridiculous mafia coaching staff really needs to go! AB and JC are average coaches with some of the greatest soccer talent in the nation on their teams. They screw with the girls heads mentally and instead of players developing and loving the game of soccer, they literally hate it, or hate the process at TBU. This is why the best leagues in the country have always chosen WFF as the top club in Tampa over TBU. ECNL went to WFF first. Then GDA went to WFF first. All of you with the current TBU blinders on should really pay attention to those two facts because outside of Tampa, the TBU mafia has a very bad reputation. AB is always the deal killer, with JC, the former criminal, as his crony.

Best of luck TBU in making this work out for the best!

Just wondering why you would even bring up WFF in a post about TBU that has nothing to do with WFF? I agree with everything you stated about Yoyo and WFF. It just seems irrelevant to TBU and the different direction both clubs are going in.
                Congratulations to TBU for bringing in TM and the direction their club is heading in.

Comment

Just wondering why you would even bring up WFF in a post about TBU that has nothing to do with WFF? I agree with everything you stated about Yoyo and WFF. It just seems irrelevant to TBU and the different direction both clubs are going in.
                  Congratulations to TBU for bringing in TM and the direction their club is heading in.
                  Yes, especially since TBU is never brought up on any WFF thread. CRAZY!

Comment

Yes, especially since TBU is never brought up on any WFF thread. CRAZY!
                    There are trolls for every club on TS.

Comment

Because WFF and TBU are the two top clubs in the Tampa Bay area. When you speak about either of these clubs making a move to better the development of the players in our area, you speak to the top players/families of both. If this woman does everything she says she can do and repeat what she has done in the past in other areas of the country, then families that are on the fence between TBU and WFF will gravitate to TBU, no matter which league/program they have because development tops wins, period. My main point about WFF is how YoYo has run that program in the ground, and it is great to see another club make a move in the right direction no matter how much power their current coaching staff has on the club. I think the BOD's at WFF see's no light at the end of that tunnel so basically they have done nothing to change things at the club. And, I have always hoped these clubs would merge for the betterment of soccer in the Tampa Bay area

Comment

Because WFF and TBU are the two top clubs in the Tampa Bay area. When you speak about either of these clubs making a move to better the development of the players in our area, you speak to the top players/families of both. If this woman does everything she says she can do and repeat what she has done in the past in other areas of the country, then families that are on the fence between TBU and WFF will gravitate to TBU, no matter which league/program they have because development tops wins, period. My main point about WFF is how YoYo has run that program in the ground, and it is great to see another club make a move in the right direction no matter how much power their current coaching staff has on the club. I think the BOD's at WFF see's no light at the end of that tunnel so basically they have done nothing to change things at the club. And, I have always hoped these clubs would merge for the betterment of soccer in the Tampa Bay area
                        WFF is not a top club in the area. Having the DA does not make them a top club. The BOD is just as much to blame for not replacing YY as he continues to run the club into the ground.

Comment

WFF is not a top club in the area. Having the DA does not make them a top club. The BOD is just as much to blame for not replacing YY as he continues to run the club into the ground.
                          TBU and WFF are the only two area clubs that have membership in the top 2 leagues in the country. So if WFF isn't isn't one of the top 2 club in the area then please tell us who the other club is?

Don't let your dislike for WFF and loyalty to TBU blind you to admitting the truth. For example....I hate FSU and I'm 100% Gator. But I'll admit FSU's baseball team is having a great year....but i still hate FSU and always will.

Comment

TBU and WFF are the only two area clubs that have membership in the top 2 leagues in the country. So if WFF isn't isn't one of the top 2 club in the area then please tell us who the other club is?

Don't let your dislike for WFF and loyalty to TBU blind you to admitting the truth. For example....I hate FSU and I'm 100% Gator. But I'll admit FSU's baseball team is having a great year....but i still hate FSU and always will.
                            Maybe GDA is one of the two better leagues in the nation. In Florida the GDA is garbage. FSPL is a stronger league in Florida that GDA. Sunrise, Rush, FL Premier and Celtic have better teams that FL GDA.

Only people making money off of GDA in FL will deny this. Sunrise, Rush> WFF, SFFA, Weston

Comment

For almost ten years (think about that - 10 years) WFF has had membership in the top 2 leagues (either ECNL or GDA) and they have only produced 1 team with a winning record (won more than .500 of games) in either league.

Let that sink in... 1 team in 10 years. Very hard to call them one of the top 2 clubs in any area.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X