Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Revolution Academy needs to make some changes.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you play college soccer you are already not an elite player.
    The Revs lead the DA in elite players that become landscapers.

Comment

Set it up. Anytime and any place. It’s so comfy hiding in that DA bubble of yours. Pantywaist.
      That’s funny

Comment

Your on the wrong forum. Go to “MA Talking College.”
        They're, their, there, your, you're! Go to "MA Talking No College or High School 4U!"

Comment

where's the "like" button for this comment?

Comment

Not sure why we are spending so much time comparing college commits of Revs vs. other clubs. The goal of an MLS academy is to prepare players for pro careers, not for securing D1 college scholarships. Perhaps the Revs should be more upfront about their intentions if all these complaints about lack of college commits are coming from Revs parents. I have a suspicion that most of these posts are from GPS/NEFC parents, whose kids never had a chance of getting on the pro track and are gloating that their kids are better off than most of the Revs players. Yes, their D1 bound players are better off than those Revs players not going to college, but this would have been the case if there was no soccer in the picture.

For a lot of Revs players, they are taking a chance that soccer might give them a boost in life. Sometimes it works out, other times it doesn't. Most are still probably better off having played with the Revs and spending their teen years focusing on soccer rather than getting into trouble. I doubt many of these kids would have been at home studying harder to get into a better college had they not joined the Revs.

Comment

numb nuts playing soccer to go to college

Not sure why we are spending so much time comparing college commits of Revs vs. other clubs. The goal of an MLS academy is to prepare players for pro careers, not for securing D1 college scholarships. Perhaps the Revs should be more upfront about their intentions if all these complaints about lack of college commits are coming from Revs parents. I have a suspicion that most of these posts are from GPS/NEFC parents, whose kids never had a chance of getting on the pro track and are gloating that their kids are better off than most of the Revs players. Yes, their D1 bound players are better off than those Revs players not going to college, but this would have been the case if there was no soccer in the picture.

For a lot of Revs players, they are taking a chance that soccer might give them a boost in life. Sometimes it works out, other times it doesn't. Most are still probably better off having played with the Revs and spending their teen years focusing on soccer rather than getting into trouble. I doubt many of these kids would have been at home studying harder to get into a better college had they not joined the Revs.
              Numb nuts making the claim kids should play soccer to get into college. Idiotic. He's also ignorant to the fact that only a select few graduating kids make the cut on the Revs 19's. There are only about 7 available for college each year from the Revs vs the 20,000 at the "Global"PayupSoccer for those who couldn't make the cut to DA or MLS. Did they go to some all-state competition for other non-DA / or MLS capable players? sure. Keep dreaming the dream and hoping your kid gets to college via soccer.

Comment

Many could have forgone the Revs and ended up at similar schools as non Revs players.

Maybe if studied harder they'd end up at better schools.

Comment

He's also ignorant to the fact that only a select few graduating kids make the cut on the Revs 19's. There are only about 7 available for college each year from the Revs vs the 20,000 at the "Global"PayupSoccer for those who couldn't make the cut to DA or MLS.
                  Ignorant? Here is exactly what I was talking about. There are 10 graduating MA kids on the U19 team. The 2 I bolded below are committed. So 20% are committed from this super-duper team.

LA
                  LB
                  GC
                  AC
                  TF
                  JM
                  DR
                  PS
                  VV
                  AW

The top GPS 2000 team has 7 committed players.

The top GPS 2001 team has 8 committed players.

Talk about 20,000 players all you want. I’m talking about 2 teams, each in separate age groups, that have commitments for between 50%-90% of their eligible players.

The Revs don’t have the time, energy or connections to get kids committed to top college programs. There’s nothing wrong with that as long as they make things perfectly clear when signing players.

Go to Revs if you have no intention of continuing on to college.

Go to Bolts, GPS and NEFC if you want to make a college squad.

Comment

They're, their, there, your, you're! Go to "MA Talking No College or High School 4U!"
                    OK Brian, your right as usual!

Comment

Ignorant? Here is exactly what I was talking about. There are 10 graduating MA kids on the U19 team. The 2 I bolded below are committed. So 20% are committed from this super-duper team.

LA
                      LB
                      GC
                      AC
                      TF
                      JM
                      DR
                      PS
                      VV
                      AW

The top GPS 2000 team has 7 committed players.

The top GPS 2001 team has 8 committed players.

Talk about 20,000 players all you want. I’m talking about 2 teams, each in separate age groups, that have commitments for between 50%-90% of their eligible players.

The Revs don’t have the time, energy or connections to get kids committed to top college programs. There’s nothing wrong with that as long as they make things perfectly clear when signing players.

Go to Revs if you have no intention of continuing on to college.

Go to Bolts, GPS and NEFC if you want to make a college squad.
                      Play ISL if you want to play for a good college

Comment

Play ISL if you want to play for a good college
                        As a walk-on maybe.

Comment

As a walk-on maybe.
                          There’s always landscaping. Oh, wait! I meant there’s always Wall Street after the ISL/Ivy grooming. Your kid can cut the lawn at my kid’s second home in Chatham.

Comment

Revs u19 lose 3-0 to Red Bulls

Comment

Revs u19 lose 3-0 to Red Bulls
                              With 2 homegrowns and a UNC commit in net.

Comment

With 2 homegrowns and a UNC commit in net.
                                NYRB are a 5th place Wildcard team from the Atlantic Division. So much for us being the #1 seed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X