Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ECNL for Philadelphia Ukrainian National SC??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2491749]
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Ukies don’t have a chance, too close to FC Bucks. I’m hearing PDA was the source, but the info was that Unity SC playing out of USTC will get the slot when the Delco ECNL program folds. Penn FC in Harrisburg also coming into the ECNL. Both happening in the 2020-21 season.
    I’ve never even heard of Unity SC. All of a sudden they are going to be able to field 2 teams in each age group in Penn Fusion’s backyard?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2491847]

I’ve never even heard of Unity SC. All of a sudden they are going to be able to field 2 teams in each age group in Penn Fusion’s backyard?
      Yes, and what is more interesting is a very prominent member of Continental seems to think Unity SC can function out of Downingtown, while Delco is still operating in Plymouth Meeting. For some reason he seems pretty motivated to assist getting the new club up and running. I’m curious about the motivation. USTC could easily support a Penn Fusion GDA and a Unity ECNL. Are former Delco and Europa coaches starting Unity SC?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2491870]

Yes, and what is more interesting is a very prominent member of Continental seems to think Unity SC can function out of Downingtown, while Delco is still operating in Plymouth Meeting. For some reason he seems pretty motivated to assist getting the new club up and running. I’m curious about the motivation. USTC could easily support a Penn Fusion GDA and a Unity ECNL. Are former Delco and Europa coaches starting Unity SC?
        Sounds to me like this would be more of a rebranding. To make it work, going to have to pull the players out there. Also,most likely are going to lose the people who drive past bucks and also come from NJ that go to proving grounds. Downingtown is a nightmare to get to unless you live out that way. Still don’t think there’s enough talent to field quality teams that close to Penn Fusion, which is a problem that I don’t see going away. This is just an opinion and doesn’t effect my kids but it seems like the same old same old. If you are going to remove a club why not give a Lower Merion or another community club a chance that has a good, solid feeder system. How successful is a club built from scratch going to be?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2491886]

Sounds to me like this would be more of a rebranding. To make it work, going to have to pull the players out there. Also,most likely are going to lose the people who drive past bucks and also come from NJ that go to proving grounds. Downingtown is a nightmare to get to unless you live out that way. Still don’t think there’s enough talent to field quality teams that close to Penn Fusion, which is a problem that I don’t see going away. This is just an opinion and doesn’t effect my kids but it seems like the same old same old. If you are going to remove a club why not give a Lower Merion or another community club a chance that has a good, solid feeder system. How successful is a club built from scratch going to be?
          Lower Merion doesn't have the numbers for girls to support ECNL and no chance of having both ECNL and NPL.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2491870]

There is always a card game in the back room that not everyone knows about in youth soccer in our area these days. If they all worked together, not just here but all over, the leagues would all function as they should and there is enough $$ in it for everyone to benefit.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2491959]

There is always a card game in the back room that not everyone knows about in youth soccer in our area these days. If they all worked together, not just here but all over, the leagues would all function as they should and there is enough $$ in it for everyone to benefit.
              But instead we have "professional" coaches taking entire teams to inferrior leagues.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2496339]

But instead we have "professional" coaches taking entire teams to inferrior leagues.
                But the team is inferior, and the club even worse, so it’s a better fit for all. The smart ones are getting out while they can as there is absolutely nothing there that justifies the cost of staying.

Comment

Ukies need to clean up their own issues first instead of hoping they disappear. The new DOC seems like a good hire and is present unlike Omid. What he does regarding the 2010/2008 coach will be telling. If he is still coaching teams stay far away from the club because it will be proof they are not fostering the family atmosphere youth sports should be about. I will pull my kids out and encourage others to leave as well.

Comment

Ukies need to clean up their own issues first instead of hoping they disappear. The new DOC seems like a good hire and is present unlike Omid. What he does regarding the 2010/2008 coach will be telling. If he is still coaching teams stay far away from the club because it will be proof they are not fostering the family atmosphere youth sports should be about. I will pull my kids out and encourage others to leave as well.
                    Samir not a good coach? I've heard mixed things about his style.

Comment

Samir not a good coach? I've heard mixed things about his style.
                      He is a good trainer, certainly not the best. Not worth the baggage he now brings.

Comment

He is a good trainer, certainly not the best. Not worth the baggage he now brings.
                        What’s the baggage?

Comment

What’s the baggage?
                          Ask a parent on the team

Comment

Ask a parent on the team
                            Better situation than FC Bucks or Continental FC.

Comment

Better situation than FC Bucks or Continental FC.
                              No. Especially for one of the kids.

Comment

No. Especially for one of the kids.
                                yes i've heard. its really bad. Many people will leave the Ukies now.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X