X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Planet Fitness??? LOLOLOL
    What's wrong with PF? They don't allow muscleheads and hot chicks intimidate the other beta's like you.

Comment

All this proves (if it's true) is that coachable athleticism is still what most programs in the American college game are attracted to. Not technical ability, field sense, tactical awareness, creativity or anything else that is considered to matter in actual soccer cultures. Our player "development" system is broken and the rest of the world will pass us by on the women's side. A few more cycles and it's not out of the question they will struggle to qualify for the WC, just like the MNT.
      Totally disagree with this statement about the WNT, that in "a few more cycles and it's not out of the question they will struggle to qualify for the WC". Here are the last five CONCACAF opponents they have played (Olympic qualifying in 2016):

5-0 over Costa Rica
      1-0 over Mexico
      10-0 over Puerto Rico
      5-0 over Trinidad & Tobago
      2-0 over Canada

In the 2014 CONCACAF WC qualifying US WNT went 5-0 outscoring their opponents 21-0.

With the exception of Mexico & Canada, I don't see anyone else from CONCACAF improving so much (or the US backsliding) that they won't advance to the WC anytime soon.

Comment

All this proves (if it's true) is that coachable athleticism is still what most programs in the American college game are attracted to. Not technical ability, field sense, tactical awareness, creativity or anything else that is considered to matter in actual soccer cultures. Our player "development" system is broken and the rest of the world will pass us by on the women's side. A few more cycles and it's not out of the question they will struggle to qualify for the WC, just like the MNT.
        It doesn't prove anything because it's bull*****.

Comment

Totally disagree with this statement about the WNT, that in "a few more cycles and it's not out of the question they will struggle to qualify for the WC". Here are the last five CONCACAF opponents they have played (Olympic qualifying in 2016):

5-0 over Costa Rica
          1-0 over Mexico
          10-0 over Puerto Rico
          5-0 over Trinidad & Tobago
          2-0 over Canada

In the 2014 CONCACAF WC qualifying US WNT went 5-0 outscoring their opponents 21-0.

With the exception of Mexico & Canada, I don't see anyone else from CONCACAF improving so much (or the US backsliding) that they won't advance to the WC anytime soon.
          I really hope you’re right, but until recently, nobody suspected that T&T would be the ones to oust the MNT. Also, if the Ticos decide to commit resources to the women’s game as they do for the men, they will come along nicely, as the culture is deeply in place. As much as I am a fan of the WNT, there is nothing soccer-related that is preventing the other nations you cite from advancing to a position where they could challenge the US women for a WC spot. USSoccer had better be keeping an eye on things, because the place they have enjoyed up to now in the global game is not set in stone.

Comment

If WNT can score a few of these diamonds in the rough then it looks like happy days are here again!

Comment

If WNT can score a few of these diamonds in the rough then it looks like happy days are here again!
              But what about my daughter getting help? You think she is a diamond in the rough?

Comment

But what about my daughter getting help? You think she is a diamond in the rough?
                Yes but not setting lofty goals like WNT...we will be happy with a full D1 scholarship.

Comment

Yes but not setting lofty goals like WNT...we will be happy with a full D1 scholarship.
                  Great! I'm going to empty the 401k on club soccer so we can get that D1 scholarship!

Comment

Can you help us out with the recruiting process? Do lots of coaches come to high school games?

Comment

Can you help us out with the recruiting process? Do lots of coaches come to high school games?
                      Yes!

Especially during playoff time when opposing coaches come to scout your team...

Comment

Yes!

Especially during playoff time when opposing coaches come to scout your team...
                        ok...thanks!

Comment

ok...thanks!
                          My advice is to stick with Field Hockey, much better odds to play college. Anyone who is a pretty good soccer player will be an amazing field hockey player (at least what I have seen)

Comment

My advice is to stick with Field Hockey, much better odds to play college. Anyone who is a pretty good soccer player will be an amazing field hockey player (at least what I have seen)
                            We are a society dominated by hand/eye genetics.
                            Our foot/eye genetic background is sorely lacking all other continents and nationalities.
                            We need more immigrant and american mixing.
                            That would make your above posit even more ignorant.

Comment

That is true. Field hockey is the way to go. I'm sorry I missed that boat.

Comment

That is true. Field hockey is the way to go. I'm sorry I missed that boat.
                                Band is also a viable way to fund college.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X