Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes, the winning at all costs and pading stats practice is one of the key contributors to the US’s struggles in keeping up internationally. Yet here it starts half way though the inaugural GDA season.
    Truth. College soccer benches are littered with big youth goal scorers. Give me flexible field skill players everyday.

Comment

Thanks, BBA admin. Anyone wonder where this thread started? You have your answer.
      Lol. Who has their butts in a sling over this ECNL/DA issue. It certainly isn't BBA. They have the highest ranked program in the region. Players are flocking to them. Why do they need to diss the DA? There are two sources for all the DA bashing. FM who praying with every ounce of his being that he'll have something to market come tryouts. Stars ECNL parents who realized that they bet on the wrong horse.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
        It was in a communications memo. Girls are definitely grandfathered. They weren't initially but clubs and USSF realized they had to back off. After 2021 girls have to prove they rely on soccer for their prep or boarding school, just like boys do now. Clubs can refuse to grant waivers (as some BDA clubs do now) and so can USSF.
        Why don’t you paste in the memo.

Comment

Why don’t you paste in the memo.
          Why don't you Google it yourself. Poster's reply is accurate

Comment

Lol. Who has their butts in a sling over this ECNL/DA issue. It certainly isn't BBA. They have the highest ranked program in the region. Players are flocking to them. Why do they need to diss the DA? There are two sources for all the DA bashing. FM who praying with every ounce of his being that he'll have something to market come tryouts. Stars ECNL parents who realized that they bet on the wrong horse.
            Very long odds for your temperamental, fancy prancy, half breed with a giant price tag.

Comment

That is a good question. BBreakers and Penn Fusion opted out of ECNL all together. Cincinnati may have as well. Legends were USYS, right? But most kept their ECNL and their NPL. Nice feeder system in place.
              Umm, Breakers did not simply opt out of ECNL. They were FORCED to choose one or the other. Only the charter members of ECNL who were offered DA were allowed to retain their ECNL memberships while adding the GDA. That’s how clubs like Stars and PDA are able to offer both, while Breakers and many others can not.

Comment

Worked out didn't it.Strong in one league is better than being weak in both like FcStars.

Comment

Umm, Breakers did not simply opt out of ECNL. They were FORCED to choose one or the other. Only the charter members of ECNL who were offered DA were allowed to retain their ECNL memberships while adding the GDA. That’s how clubs like Stars and PDA are able to offer both, while Breakers and many others can not.
                  Breakers? Who dat?

Comment

Breakers were lucky. ECNL is history.

Comment

Wishful thinking, freak. As soon as those California clubs break off, as they rightly should, you will be left holding the bag. Let’s see what your overlords dream up next.

Comment

Breakers? Who dat?
                        They were an American Football club in the short lived USFL, circa late 80’s.

Comment

Poster spews the truth. No one cares about what is happening in CA or TX where GDA is much stronger unless they have a true top D1 kid or NT potential player. Ma has a handful of those kids. Look at our next door neighbors - would you send your kid to OW or CFC? There's some crap clubs in GDA and ECNL. Pick what ever club has the best coaching and fit for your kid their goals. Labels don't matter for kids with skills and a strong work ethic.
                          I'd send my kid to Oakwood over CFC any day. In fact, I'd send her to OW over all MA clubs with the exception of NEFC BBA.

Comment

I'd send my kid to Oakwood over CFC any day. In fact, I'd send her to OW over all MA clubs with the exception of NEFC BBA.
                            Yup, you are spot on.

Comment

CFC players/alum had three national team call ups in the past two weeks. U20, U19 and U16. They are doing something right. One started as a freshman on our almighty "Eagles" team.
                              BTW, Oakwood? Hahahahaha. We used to drop 7 on them easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                                CFC players/alum had three national team call ups in the past two weeks. U20, U19 and U16. They are doing something right. One started as a freshman on our almighty "Eagles" team.
                                BTW, Oakwood? Hahahahaha. We used to drop 7 on them easily.
                                You might not like them, but the families are happy and CFC does a great job of developing players. NEFC BBA wins games and touts whatever league they are in at the moment, but I haven’t seen a player developed there and in my view it has gotten way too big. No horse in this race. Long done, but it is good to see the debate is the same five years later.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X