Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Bingo!!. They all work but the real point is you need a strong resume which gets built via participation in all of them, not just 1 or 2 of them.
    Plenty of high level college coaches STILL are very much involved in ODP. Will be interesting to see how plays out. We loved ODP.

The other Regions get a very good turn out. GDA seems to have really eaten into it. ECNL took major bites, but GDA with its preclusion of doing anything except US Soccer (which is crap) has really given put the hammer in the coffin. Youth soccer is a crap shoot anymore.

Comment

Which age group will she be coaching.?

Comment

Which age group will she be coaching.?
        If you are asking about LL she is currently coaching the U12 girls.

Comment

05 super tyvm

Comment

What's ODP?

Comment

The club your in OnlyDumassPeople .

Comment

My child has done ODP for years and loves it. Lots of people who knock it haven’t even participated, but I get that for some who have they didn’t like it. So what? We are willing to spend the money which isn’t a lot compared to all the other soccer craziness. We’ve met GREAT people, parents and kids from all over. Our chi,d has had ok coaches and fantastic coaches, just like club. Region 1 camp is challenging and a good experience for a number of reasons.

I don’t care if it’s relevant to others, it works for us. End of story.

Comment

My child has done ODP for years and loves it. Lots of people who knock it haven’t even participated, but I get that for some who have they didn’t like it. So what? We are willing to spend the money which isn’t a lot compared to all the other soccer craziness. We’ve met GREAT people, parents and kids from all over. Our chi,d has had ok coaches and fantastic coaches, just like club. Region 1 camp is challenging and a good experience for a number of reasons.

I don’t care if it’s relevant to others, it works for us. End of story.
                  Exactly. It's not for everybody and some like it and some don't. My kids were in the Regional Pools. Loved it. And they are doing great, now. ODP was the foundation.

Comment

Exactly. It's not for everybody and some like it and some don't. My kids were in the Regional Pools. Loved it. And they are doing great, now. ODP was the foundation.
                    Yes, but haven't DA and ECNL gutted the program? I know it has in many other areas. Completely watered down. Coaches are still good. Participants not as good. Just my opinion based on what I have seen in the past year or so. Part of it is getting the good coaching but you need high level players to push you, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                      Yes, but haven't DA and ECNL gutted the program? I know it has in many other areas. Completely watered down. Coaches are still good. Participants not as good. Just my opinion based on what I have seen in the past year or so. Part of it is getting the good coaching but you need high level players to push you, too.
                      The simple answer is yes. It is relatively easy for kids to get into the regional pool as they get older because fewer and fewer kids do it. There are a couple BBA 2000 girls that hung on until the end, but they’d tell you the competition went down.

Comment

The simple answer is yes. It is relatively easy for kids to get into the regional pool as they get older because fewer and fewer kids do it. There are a couple BBA 2000 girls that hung on until the end, but they’d tell you the competition went down.
                        ODP is best for kids when they are 12-15. It does drop off some after u15. But during those younger years, it’s a great experience for those kids who make the Region 1 team and get to travel to national camps and international tournaments. That in itself is worth the time and money. Plus the exposure and recognition of being a Region 1 player are as good as it gets for pre - high school kids.

Comment

Too much overlap to make this easy
                          Here’s how I see it Top to Bottom

DA by demand of NT pool
                          ODP R1 Boca Roster
                          DA Starter or ODP R1 pool or ECNL Starter
                          DA Limited minutes
                          DA Discovery or ECNL Roster or NPL Impact Player
                          MA ODP Kirkwood Roster or NPL Roster
                          MA ODP Pool or NEP Impact
                          NEP Roster

Happy to have you adjust

Comment

ODP is best for kids when they are 12-15. It does drop off some after u15. But during those younger years, it’s a great experience for those kids who make the Region 1 team and get to travel to national camps and international tournaments. That in itself is worth the time and money. Plus the exposure and recognition of being a Region 1 player are as good as it gets for pre - high school kids.
                            Even that is shrinking - ECNL now starts at U13, BDA 12 and GDA likely going down to U13 next year. You might keep a few ECNL players in the mix until U15 but DA players aren't allowed to participate.

Comment

Too much overlap to make this easy
                              Here’s how I see it Top to Bottom

DA by demand of NT pool
                              ODP R1 Boca Roster
                              DA Starter or ODP R1 pool or ECNL Starter
                              DA Limited minutes
                              DA Discovery or ECNL Roster or NPL Impact Player
                              MA ODP Kirkwood Roster or NPL Roster
                              MA ODP Pool or NEP Impact
                              NEP Roster

Happy to have you adjust
                              Spot on

Comment

Spot on
                                Sorry a DA starter is not the same as an ECNL starter. Anyone claiming otherwise is looking at a time limited situation like the Stars. Nowhere near the universal truth their parents are trying to sell it as. Most other clubs with both programs, the ECNL is now their B team. That’s how USSF wants it and they will get their way.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X