Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NWSL on last legs?

Trying to watch the NWSL thorns game. You have to sign up and pay CBS a fee? I already pay enough for cable. No thanks. It's pretty cheap but it is the principle.

Great idea to restrict to the smallest level possible the number of people that can watch your games. Seems like now is a great opportunity to add new fans to the base, but instead they are restricting it.

I watched two of the thorns games so far and they looked pretty bad.

Too bad, I really hoped the league would take off.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Trying to watch the NWSL thorns game. You have to sign up and pay CBS a fee? I already pay enough for cable. No thanks. It's pretty cheap but it is the principle.

Great idea to restrict to the smallest level possible the number of people that can watch your games. Seems like now is a great opportunity to add new fans to the base, but instead they are restricting it.

I watched two of the thorns games so far and they looked pretty bad.

Too bad, I really hoped the league would take off.
    I would imagine it is a tough year for the Portland Thorns. I would bet they make good money selling beer at big mark-ups and jerseys and they can't do that now.

Comment

Didn't miss much today. The ever exciting 0-0 tie.

They finished dead last in group.

Comment

Didn't miss much today. The ever exciting 0-0 tie.

They finished dead last in group.
        No Horan. No Heath. No Sauerbrun.

I guess the meager pay isn't worth the risk of injury?

Comment

No Horan. No Heath. No Sauerbrun.

I guess the meager pay isn't worth the risk of injury?
          Lots of injuries already. A few torn acls, a torn meniscus, etc. Too much time off and then playing on turf?

Comment

Tournament opener on CBS actual drew over half a million viewers. Big missed opportunity to put this on the subsrcription app. Even putting it on CBS Sports would have been better. We paid for CBS all access to watch this and it’s been clown shoes. Amateur broadcasts and the app (at least on our TV) is a dumpster fire to try and use.

Comment

Tournament opener on CBS actual drew over half a million viewers. Big missed opportunity to put this on the subsrcription app. Even putting it on CBS Sports would have been better. We paid for CBS all access to watch this and it’s been clown shoes. Amateur broadcasts and the app (at least on our TV) is a dumpster fire to try and use.
              you must have bad wifi/highspeed internet? Comcast? I streamed the games just fine in HD.....

Comment

you must have bad wifi/highspeed internet? Comcast? I streamed the games just fine in HD.....
                The stream works fine once I find it. It’s the navigation within the app that infuriates me. Somehow, I can select the Sports category and the Challenge Cup doesn’t show up. I’ve also searched “NWSL” and the Challenge Cup doesn’t show up. Once I do get it to show up, it’s an exercise in futility to find the game I want. Long story short, if I didn’t access the app specifically to watch NWSL, don’t think I would ever find it.

Comment

With hundreds of millions of people itching for live sports, why not make it free and easy to find. You build a fan base of new viewers and your advertising dollars soar. The potential for a lucrative TV contract goes up.

I already pay Comcast $600/mo for home and office internet/tv. Why do I have to pay $15 extra for the only thing I want to watch?

I sure hope the NWSL survives. But putting games behind a paywall isn’t helping.

Comment

With hundreds of millions of people itching for live sports, why not make it free and easy to find. You build a fan base of new viewers and your advertising dollars soar. The potential for a lucrative TV contract goes up.

I already pay Comcast $600/mo for home and office internet/tv. Why do I have to pay $15 extra for the only thing I want to watch?

I sure hope the NWSL survives. But putting games behind a paywall isn’t helping.
                    I would have watched it but they had a Cornhole tourney on at the same time on ESPN. I hate when I have to make a choice of what to watch.

Comment

I would have watched it but they had a Cornhole tourney on at the same time on ESPN. I hate when I have to make a choice of what to watch.

At least you didn't have to pay $15 to watch corn hole. When you get there you are scraping rock bottom.

Comment

At least you didn't have to pay $15 to watch corn hole. When you get there you are scraping rock bottom.
                        Unfortunately I went out and bought a new board and bags......$150.00

Comment

Please tell me this isn’t true. Cornhole was on ESPN whilst we are only able to stream the Pro Women’s soccer league games? What real sports fan would watch Cornhole over womens soccer? Geez, anyway its a bad look...

Comment

Please tell me this isn’t true. Cornhole was on ESPN whilst we are only able to stream the Pro Women’s soccer league games? What real sports fan would watch Cornhole over womens soccer? Geez, anyway its a bad look...
                            Cornhole is a sport every much as Womens Soccer is.

Comment

Cornhole is a sport every much as Womens Soccer is.
                              Cornhole as one time more from sport. You feel it. Alpha soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X