Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will high school soccer be cancelled/postponed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will high school soccer be cancelled/postponed?

Will high school soccer be cancelled or postponed?

My opinion is yes

In my opinion fall high school sport should be postponed until spring and if the situation does not improve winter and spring sports canceled.

If we don't minimize the risk where we can for our teenagers then we are not protecting them. Young people are also carriers of the virus adding risk to our older population.

Oregon and more so across the country is seeing an increase in cases. I just don't see how we can play falls sports without adding risk.

Sorry, this is just my opinion and no I don't have medical background.

Comment

Us soccer people don't get a say.

The football people call the shots. Always have anyway.

Fall sports will go on. Cancel football and you will have a really pissed off population. Probably make everyone wear protection to come watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        They will be cancelled, as will all winter sports.

Comment

Assuming a vaccine shows up sometime in the winter...

I say next year ought to be a do-over, academically at least. Last spring semester? Doesn't count. This fall? Doesn't count. Kids will generally be graduating HS (and entering college) at age 19 for a while. Or extend school calendars for several years to make it all up.

How sports--HS, club, and college--react to that is secondary. If there are 19-year-old seniors, probably want to keep 14-year-old freshmen off varsity, and I have no problem with that.

I don't know how that might work at the low end--would we have a double-sized incoming kindergarten class (K6s and K5s) bubbling through the system?

Comment

Us soccer people don't get a say.

The football people call the shots. Always have anyway.

Fall sports will go on. Cancel football and you will have a really pissed off population. Probably make everyone wear protection to come watch.
            Football will happen. Hopefully because of title IX girls soccer does too.

Comment

Assuming a vaccine shows up sometime in the winter...

I say next year ought to be a do-over, academically at least. Last spring semester? Doesn't count. This fall? Doesn't count. Kids will generally be graduating HS (and entering college) at age 19 for a while. Or extend school calendars for several years to make it all up.

How sports--HS, club, and college--react to that is secondary. If there are 19-year-old seniors, probably want to keep 14-year-old freshmen off varsity, and I have no problem with that.

I don't know how that might work at the low end--would we have a double-sized incoming kindergarten class (K6s and K5s) bubbling through the system?
              Sort of like this idea. Make this year a gap year.

Comment

You should probably assume that there will never be a vaccine. There has never been one for the coronavirus' in the past.

A true vaccine for covid19 might not be possible.

I think we should cancel all high school sports. It is just not worth the risk.

Assuming no miracle, we could be locked down and in masks for 3 years. Possibly 10 years or more. This is the new way of life.

It is possible to live a fulfilling life in lock down we just need to think differently. Sports can go online, like e-sports. Video conferencing will get better for high school and college. Groceries and supplies can be delivered.

Comment

Cancelled this year due to COVID. Next year due to the next biologic warfare China or Russia use next. We are at their mercy.

Comment

Yes.

Sports will resume after the elections

Comment

High school soccer is a dead end. Better to focus on preparing your child for life with skills that are actually useful.

Comment

You should probably assume that there will never be a vaccine. There has never been one for the coronavirus' in the past.

Assuming no miracle, we could be locked down and in masks for 3 years. Possibly 10 years or more. This is the new way of life.

It is possible to live a fulfilling life in lock down we just need to think differently. Sports can go online, like e-sports. Video conferencing will get better for high school and college. Groceries and supplies can be delivered.
                        Are youth sports done forever? That would be kind of sad.

Comment

As of today, there is no official announcement it''s happening .

As far as we know it not happening, Until further notice.

This isn't speculation, it's reality.

Comment

I’ve got my two kids playing FIFA on the Xbox. That is the future of youth soccer. Get over it, the reality is real. I’ve never played the basketball version but you could do that too. Put time limits on it though. My kids will marathon 10-14 hours if I let them.

Comment

Good point. If we are in mandated masks for years and years to come then E-sports will become the real thing. Will college coaches still recruit them?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X