Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Committed but still looking?

Has anyone committed to their previous team with the risk of being left out, but are still looking to go to another club?

yes, committed to present club & have spot sewed up, but looking at other club options for our player...always nice to see our options clearly

Comment

GAL back up plan in effect.

Comment

You do realize your current club will still expect full payment for the season even if you chose to leave, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          You do realize your current club will still expect full payment for the season even if you chose to leave, right?
          Maybe they haven't signed a contract yet.

Comment

If you have signed a contract and paid a deposit for a club but still searching you a piece a crap family. This the same as accepting a job and then taking another job because they paid you a bit more money. It is frowned upon in the work industry and also is soccer. I assume now you are the type of parent that will accept a college commitment and then take another if better.

These are wrong on so many levels because teams accept only a limited number of players and your son or daughter has now taken a spot from somebody else’s child and probably crushed her dreams of playing on that team. You will get a bad name as a club jumper but obliviously you don’t care. If I was a club owner or coach I would not take you if you did this prior to season starting. Also if you did sign a contract you are required to pay in full before being released especially if going from ECNL to ECNL or GAL to GAL club.

Comment

^ get off your high horse. Of course it's not ideal but sometimes families have little choice but to sign at the time - in fact this year many more families had few options because tryouts were non existent and clubs pressured everyone for returned contracts. Even pre Covid you may think your kids team is all set in June and you come back late August to find out they gave you a crap coach and half the team left. Parents need to do what's best for their kids. Many clubs treat families poorly so they shouldn't expect much back in terms of loyalty. Again it's not something I would encourage but there are times it is warranted

Comment

Cancel the card and they can't get the money

Comment

^ get off your high horse. Of course it's not ideal but sometimes families have little choice but to sign at the time - in fact this year many more families had few options because tryouts were non existent and clubs pressured everyone for returned contracts. Even pre Covid you may think your kids team is all set in June and you come back late August to find out they gave you a crap coach and half the team left. Parents need to do what's best for their kids. Many clubs treat families poorly so they shouldn't expect much back in terms of loyalty. Again it's not something I would encourage but there are times it is warranted
                  100%

There are clubs out there who expect loyalty but have shown very little to families. If there were tryouts many families would have explored other club opportunities this May/June. There are many clubs which over promise and under deliver in terms of coaches, training, team selection, etc.

Comment

If you have signed a contract and paid a deposit for a club but still searching you a piece a crap family. This the same as accepting a job and then taking another job because they paid you a bit more money. It is frowned upon in the work industry and also is soccer. I assume now you are the type of parent that will accept a college commitment and then take another if better.

These are wrong on so many levels because teams accept only a limited number of players and your son or daughter has now taken a spot from somebody else’s child and probably crushed her dreams of playing on that team. You will get a bad name as a club jumper but obliviously you don’t care. If I was a club owner or coach I would not take you if you did this prior to season starting. Also if you did sign a contract you are required to pay in full before being released especially if going from ECNL to ECNL or GAL to GAL club.
                    Interesting. Clubs often forget families are paying for a service. Playing for a club is not a job where the child is providing a service and receiving payment. If you paid in full for your service and are willing to pay for a service at another club I don’t see the issue. Spend your money how you want. I would think you are wasting a couple grand. Personally, I would take the extra couple grand and go on a family vacation that has nothing to do with soccer when the pandemic is over. That is my choice. The place I would see a conflict or problem is if you are looking for scholarship or discounted payment.

Comment

I think this poster has a kid who is spoiled and has a reputation for moving clubs. Father obviously enjoys the attention and the kid is really not as good as dad thinks. still a rotten thing to do and bad example for life

Comment

I think this poster has a kid who is spoiled and has a reputation for moving clubs. Father obviously enjoys the attention and the kid is really not as good as dad thinks. still a rotten thing to do and bad example for life
                        I think a rotten thing to do is recruit players for full teams after the contracts have been signed and play the newly recruited over my child. That is actually called bate and switch in the real world.

Comment

Screw clubs. They'll cut you at a moments notice. They'll bring you in and bench you if a better player comes along. Why does anyone that pays a business for their services owe that business loyalty?

Comment

I think a rotten thing to do is recruit players for full teams after the contracts have been signed and play the newly recruited over my child. That is actually called bate and switch in the real world.
                            You are on TS, so pretty safe to assume you visit other shameful web sites. Realizing the source of your "bate" misspelling... gold. Thank You!

Comment

Op here. My kid is locked it at long time club. Point of the post is lot of players still showing up to “see how they like” the team, even though they are supposedly committed somewhere else for this coming year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X