Nwsl

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NWSL couldn't even generate enough viewers to stay of the freaking Lifetime channel, basic cable. You think anyone would pay to watch it?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      NWSL couldn't even generate enough viewers to stay of the freaking Lifetime channel, basic cable. You think anyone would pay to watch it?
      https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile..../idUSKBN2413DA

Over 500,000 watched the opening game of NWSL’s opening match. If even 10% are paying to stream the rest of the games that would beat most sports’ stadium attendance.

Sorry, Boomer, but you are wrong.

Comment

Over 500,000 watched the opening game of NWSL’s opening match. If even 10% are paying to stream the rest of the games that would beat most sports’ stadium attendance.

Ok Karen! How many people watched the games after the opening match, when it wasn’t on a mainstream channel?

Comment

People are so bored they're watching cornhole tournaments and Sox games from 20 years ago. But they're not paying for women's soccer

Comment

Wow a league record 500,000 watched a nationally televised game on cbs while no other sports are being played. The average MLS telecast on fox during a normal period with competition was 988k.

Comment

People are so bored they're watching cornhole tournaments and Sox games from 20 years ago. But they're not paying for women's soccer
              If YOU don’t want to watch, then don’t. About 85% of the posts on TS are related to girls club soccer so don’t know what you are even doing here.

Comment

If YOU don’t want to watch, then don’t. About 85% of the posts on TS are related to girls club soccer so don’t know what you are even doing here.
                So because I have a daughter who plays youth soccer I have to bow down and praise a league that can barely survive? Reality is hard to grasp for some.

Comment

So because I have a daughter who plays youth soccer I have to bow down and praise a league that can barely survive? Reality is hard to grasp for some.
                  Yeah, apparently hard to grasp for you. Imagining anyone cares what you think or is asking you to do anything.

Comment

Think your understanding of the demographic is limited to the live Breakers games at Harvard stadium. It certainly isn’t 8-21 year olds and their parents in most club markets.

A few NWSL games used to be on Lifetime channel and the ESPN, which were both free. Can now watch all the games in this cup format on CBS All Access for $5.99/month and since the tournament is only about a month long, you can drop it afterward.

Don’t understand why anyone wants to beat their chest over paying cable. If you subscribe to all the sports channels and premium channels for movies, etc. you’re paying $250/month when streaming even more content online might cost less than half that.
                    “We see a 10-year-old soccer-playing girl as the ideal person for us to go after,” he told the Guardian. “If we were ranking one to 10 what someone’s interest in this product is going to be, she’s probably a 10 on that scale. If we talk to enough people attached to that 10-year-old soccer-playing girl, whether it’s a parent or a coach, we have a good chance for success.”

The New Jersey-based club was last in NWSL attendance last season, drawing just 2,189 fans per game. Creating the sort of atmosphere that automatically draws fans is difficult with a small crowd, and Sky Blue’s immediate emphasis is on filling the stands by another 30%, or around 2,500 fans per game. That means going after an established demographic: girls who play soccer.

This is not a profitable business, I'm sorry if that disappoints you.

Comment

Don’t engage the Karens. Since #Metoo and now #BLM, every Karen thinks it’s open season on white male patriarchy. They haven’t figured out that women’s pro team sports have been and always will be unwatchable when compared to men’s and no one is paying for it. They can’t get over the physical superiority men have. No amount of Title IX BS will ever fix that.

I coach boys soccer and have a D who who plays ECNL. She regularly scrimmages with my HS boys team who are a couple years younger than her and the difference in pace and physicality is clearly evident. It keeps her sharp having to solve problems against faster oponents, but it’s clear why even the Women’s National team only scrimmages U16 boys and loses.

There are days I struggle to watch MLS teams play because our domestic league isn’t near the quality of other leagues. NWSL is a complete joke.

Comment

Yeah, apparently hard to grasp for you. Imagining anyone cares what you think or is asking you to do anything.
                        Giving in to this type of attitude is how we have women now taking the Army Ranger course and Army Special Forces Q course. It’s a complete joke and only to show how woke politicians are. “See, we let women join the military and train in combat arms. See we even let them take some of the hardest combat training in the world. See how woke we are?”

Meanwhile, the failure rate of women in these prgrams is 99.9%, unless physical stamdards are reduced significantly. I mean, who cares if a female Special Forces soldier can’t fireman carry her 230lb injured teammate more than 10 yards. When would that ever happen in combat? Amiright?

Here’s what I tell my D. You can be anything you want in life, but be smart. Compete with anyone using your intelligence amd you’ll be fine. Try and compete physically with men and you have millions of years of evolution working against you. No amount of women’s lib will beat a million years of evolution.

No different when it comes to sports...

Comment

For those who want to bang on about the US Women’s National team, remember this: the US passed Title IX back in 1972. With the college sports structure and Title IX, the US gained an advantage in time and investment for women’s sports, in this case soccer. The rest of the world is now catching up as they invest in women’s pro teams, primarily supported by the hige revenue numbers coming from professional men’s teams. Meanwhile, many of the world’s best female players offen come to the US to play college soccer.

What’s my point? Our vaunted National team is losing their advantage on the global world stage. Without a winning national team, women’s soccer in this country, especially the NWSL, will take a huge hit. NWSL will likely not survive because there is no sustainable market for women’s professional soccer in the US and MLS teams don’t pull in enough revenue to support woemn’s teams like in Europe.

And that’s OK... play in college. If you are an NT prospect, go over to Europe and play. There is no need to force something, in this case NWSL, that can’t survive on it’s own.

Comment

Girls soccer/kid sports is not pro soccer. I'm a big fan of the sport but there's also REALITY. Pro soccer is not very popular here, and other than the WNT every few years, the vast majority of the fans watch men's soccer. Just look at the WNBA - years older, tons of NBA support, a much more popular support yet the organization still runs in the red and teams don't get many more spectators than NWSL games do. The women's game just isn't as interesting as the men's. Now isn't the time to expect people to pony up to watch games. Consumer product companies have run free sampling programs for decades to gain users. So do many video streaming services. That is how to build a fan/user base

Comment

Don’t engage the Karens. Since #Metoo and now #BLM, every Karen thinks it’s open season on white male patriarchy. They haven’t figured out that women’s pro team sports have been and always will be unwatchable when compared to men’s and no one is paying for it. They can’t get over the physical superiority men have. No amount of Title IX BS will ever fix that.

I coach boys soccer and have a D who who plays ECNL. She regularly scrimmages with my HS boys team who are a couple years younger than her and the difference in pace and physicality is clearly evident. It keeps her sharp having to solve problems against faster oponents, but it’s clear why even the Women’s National team only scrimmages U16 boys and loses.

There are days I struggle to watch MLS teams play because our domestic league isn’t near the quality of other leagues. NWSL is a complete joke.
                              Do you wear the robe too when you are coaching your mythical HS team, or just the hood?

Comment

Giving in to this type of attitude is how we have women now taking the Army Ranger course and Army Special Forces Q course. It’s a complete joke and only to show how woke politicians are. “See, we let women join the military and train in combat arms. See we even let them take some of the hardest combat training in the world. See how woke we are?”

Meanwhile, the failure rate of women in these prgrams is 99.9%, unless physical stamdards are reduced significantly. I mean, who cares if a female Special Forces soldier can’t fireman carry her 230lb injured teammate more than 10 yards. When would that ever happen in combat? Amiright?

Here’s what I tell my D. You can be anything you want in life, but be smart. Compete with anyone using your intelligence amd you’ll be fine. Try and compete physically with men and you have millions of years of evolution working against you. No amount of women’s lib will beat a million years of evolution.

No different when it comes to sports...
                                You are the best dad in the world! So evolved!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X