Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Our coach is a gem. Coaches are like teachers paid (not very well) to teach our kids and boost their confidence if good. The clubs didn’t do anything wrong in the spring they did the best they could in an unprecedented time. Most clubs are making up spring training right now over the summer in addition to the zoom practices so they are fine by me. Clubs actually will likely play as well as towns this fall. Much Easier than what schools deal with. Clubs and towns are separate of schools so the writing is not on the walk as one doesn’t dictate the running of another. Whatever our club does, 4 practices a week and no games or a regular season I will take it! Thank you coaches!!!
    It’s highly likely your club will go out of business without a fall season.

Comment

Those complaining about buying a new uniform... you have to realize that you can’t buy a uniform overnight. If there’s any chance your kid will be involved in a pre-season game at the end of August, you better place your order this week, otherwise you won’t get it in time.

As for the rest... I’m 100% on board of just keeping my kid involved in practices even if there are no league games. He’ll continue to learn the game while staying physically and mentally active. Besides, at the youth level, practices should outnumber games in a 3 to 1 ratio, as long as the coach knows what he/she is doing.

Comment

Those complaining about buying a new uniform... you have to realize that you can’t buy a uniform overnight. If there’s any chance your kid will be involved in a pre-season game at the end of August, you better place your order this week, otherwise you won’t get it in time.

As for the rest... I’m 100% on board of just keeping my kid involved in practices even if there are no league games. He’ll continue to learn the game while staying physically and mentally active. Besides, at the youth level, practices should outnumber games in a 3 to 1 ratio, as long as the coach knows what he/she is doing.
        U-Little parents are precious.

Comment

U-Little parents are precious.
          What’s “U-Little”?

Comment

our club is giving a fall league credit if season is cancelled...measly $150 I believe

Comment

If MA won’t allow games, then go to RI, NH, CT, NJ and NY for your games

Comment

RI is having soccer. Both club and town. Although our club plays some MA teams we will likely end up moving all games to RI because MA Governor is dragging feet.

I’m with the others. Very happy we signed with our club. We are practicing and scrimmaging and there is no talk to cancelling games... but if they did cancel games I wouldn’t even get upset. Our coach said the same we would scrimmage in our state possibly even other teams in our state or at least in our club. We are happy for whatever we get. I think parents want the games more than the kids to brag. But our kids are happy if it’s like pickup games all fall as long as we aren’t doing zoom practices.

Comment

Thanks god for paying $3K a year and not getting my money back!

What would I do without club soccer!

Comment

our club is giving a fall league credit if season is cancelled...measly $150 I believe
                    That seems generous because your contract likely has a clause saying they don’t owe you anything.

Comment

Explain why?
                      If they don’t own a building or fields with mortgages, then no fixed expenses.
                      Unless they pay club directors huge salaries.
                      They won’t pay coaches

Comment

Clubs will do great this year if they do the following:
                        Stick to scrimmages, player development, skills but skip the games.
                        Increases practices instead of games.
                        Play scrimmages agai st other club teams in their club even having boys and girls play each other but stick to your club.
                        Make parents wear masks.

Cancel the need for uniforms this year let it be up to each family presented as a fundraiser for the club but not a requirement for the families.

Take off the month of December and do t charge for it. Give germs a break and families a financial break.

Clubs need to be more creative and focus on keeping their families no more recruiting no more tryouts since full rosters aren’t needed if no games.

Comment

Which many need to. Money grubbing dirt bags who did the wrong thing this year to their consumers. Payback is a b!tch.

Comment

Pay me $1800 before November 1 and I will guarantee a $500 credit!

Comment

Which many need to. Money grubbing dirt bags who did the wrong thing this year to their consumers. Payback is a b!tch.
                              Survival of the fittest applies to business. If you're not delivering to your customers eventually you will fail. Covid and/or how a club handled it will just push some out faster. A friend's smaller club did right by their customers with a solid refund, tons of online training and other things, while bigger clubs gave back almost nothing and did almost nothing

Comment

Thank you club coaches! You guys are awesome wearing your masks on hot summer days at practices. The best! Ty!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X