Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So, do you want real information, or do you want people to sugar coat and tell you what you want to hear ?
    The problem is that you think you are providing "real information". You are providing your opinions.

Besides, if I want "real information" on Covid....1. I am not getting it on TS, and 2. I am not getting it from you.

Comment

What is with all the anti-male vitriol on this site?
      Quarantined soccer moms sick of their dad-bod doughy ex-athlete husbands.

Comment

Here are the Massachusetts schools that have already canceled fall soccer.

Amherst
        Boston Univeristy
        Harvard
        Holy Cross
        Tufts
        Williams
        UMass Boston

Gee, I wonder what the MIAA will do?
        Interstate travel is the issue with college sports. If any sports can happen it’s HS sports with minimal travel outside a 10 mile radius. I would assume the tournaments may be cancelled but. mot league games.

Comment

Interstate travel is the issue with college sports. If any sports can happen it’s HS sports with minimal travel outside a 10 mile radius. I would assume the tournaments may be cancelled but. mot league games.
          What we know is that Phase 4 will never, ever happen before the end of the calendar year (and, sadly, probably longer out than that) and there's no clue whether soccer games are part of Phase 3 Stage 2, nor any published standards for what is required to move to that stage.

I give hs soccer a 1% chance of starting up when it usually does (Aug 24 this year) and a 10% chance of starting up at all.

The best bet for you club folks is that games on private property are none of the damn government's business. That of course eliminates clubs that pay cities and towns to use their fields.

Comment

What we know is that Phase 4 will never, ever happen before the end of the calendar year (and, sadly, probably longer out than that) and there's no clue whether soccer games are part of Phase 3 Stage 2, nor any published standards for what is required to move to that stage.

I give hs soccer a 1% chance of starting up when it usually does (Aug 24 this year) and a 10% chance of starting up at all.

The best bet for you club folks is that games on private property are none of the damn government's business. That of course eliminates clubs that pay cities and towns to use their fields.
            Ah, it doesn’t matter if it’s private property or not. If the restrictions prevent it, you can’t do it anywhere.

Comment

well nefc & stars doing tournies this fall...hmmm?

Comment

^actually one is august

Comment

well nefc & stars doing tournies this fall...hmmm?
                  Zero chance those tournaments happen.

Comment

Zero chance those tournaments happen.
                    The don't have to be in Mass. PDA in NJ is on from what I have heard.

Comment

The don't have to be in Mass. PDA in NJ is on from what I have heard.
                      There is no way out of state teams are allowed at PDA.

Comment

There is no way out of state teams are allowed at PDA.
                        Depends. They have restrictions for hot state travelers but not from NY CT etc where cases are still under control. Also, it could all change in just a few short weeks. Great to make plans and hope for the best, but also plan that some things won't happen no matter how much we want it

Comment

Help keep sports alive. Please sign petition to ask Baker to allow intra competitive play for soccer in MA
                          https://www.change.org/AskGovBakerto...nMassachusetts

Comment

Help keep sports alive. Please sign petition to ask Baker to allow intra competitive play for soccer in MA
                            https://www.change.org/AskGovBakerto...nMassachusetts
                            zzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X