X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fall Season Refunds

Placeholder thread for when the clubs cancel their fall seasons

Glad I chose the payment plan. Just cancel your credit card if they do cancel. I doubt they do though with the numbers under control in MA/NH

Comment

If you were dumb enough to sign a contract you’ll need to keep paying them.

Comment

Would 1/3 be a fair refund?

Comment

No, way to much in my opinion if the club can still train but not play games. Parents do not realize that games is the least expensive part of club soccer. On average games are ~$3000 per team depending on the age group. Much less for 9v9 and 7v7 because field cost and referees for games are less. Also if you child plays in the NEP referee fees are included. League fees are less than $1000 per team and field costs at about $200 per hour for let’s say 4 home games unless in the ECNL leagues that play 8 hole games and 8 away per season.

So when you do the math of what you actually Clubs pay for the fall season to play games ~$3000/16 players equals ~$287.5 so let’s say ~$300 refund which is about 10%. If the club does friendlies with other clubs then this amount will go down.

Now if club like in the spring could not train them 1/3 might be a good amount to refund but fields have already been rented for clubs due to most facilities want payment in March or April. Not sure if facilities have required this payment due to the pandemic but if they have then you have to factor that into the refund.

Comment

Correction less than ~$200. 187.5 not $287.5.

Comment

No decisions made but people want their money back already?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                No decisions made but people want their money back already?
                I was a big supporter of refunds for the spring but if you signed a contract for the fall knowing what you know then any refund is a gift from the club.

Comment

I have no problem paying for good training. . And we are only Paying about 1/2 the cost of this season due to $$ that was rolled-over.

Comment

I was a big supporter of refunds for the spring but if you signed a contract for the fall knowing what you know then any refund is a gift from the club.
                    Really? Families signed contracts in good faith last season and received much less than they paid for due to Coronavirus which no one could have anticipated. If clubs try to stiff families again this season in the middle of Coronavirus then there is a good chance there will be a mass exodus from such clubs. There may even be class action lawsuits. I hope you have a back up plan for employment as your club will likely be one of those going under with that attitude.

Comment

Placeholder thread for when the clubs cancel their fall seasons
                      Same a**hole poster that wants to continually attack club soccer. He/she has an agenda to get club soccer shut down. Continually responds to his/her own posts...you can tell by the way the posts are written and how quickly the responses are posted. Absolute loser.

Comment

Same a**hole poster that wants to continually attack club soccer. He/she has an agenda to get club soccer shut down. Continually responds to his/her own posts...you can tell by the way the posts are written and how quickly the responses are posted. Absolute loser.
                        Yep. This is the same person that posted about GPS and thinks they were responsible for shutting down that club.

Comment

Yep. This is the same person that posted about GPS and thinks they were responsible for shutting down that club.
                          Agreed.

See how easy it is to reply to your own posts...makes it look like more than one person has the same opinion.

Comment

Really? Families signed contracts in good faith last season and received much less than they paid for due to Coronavirus which no one could have anticipated. If clubs try to stiff families again this season in the middle of Coronavirus then there is a good chance there will be a mass exodus from such clubs. There may even be class action lawsuits. I hope you have a back up plan for employment as your club will likely be one of those going under with that attitude.
                            You lost both the moral and legal high ground when you signed your contract for the Fall with full knowledge of the risks. And it's a near-certainty that the contract you signed specifically mentioned Covid as a risk. If you were this focused on the issue you should have taken this year off of club soccer. As I said before, for the spring I agree the clubs needed to provide a refund and I agree you have every right to be upset if you don't think it was enough though I'm personally ok with what our club did. The situation is completely different for the Fall. I'd certainly appreciate a refund if we don't end up getting full value but I understand what I signed up for this time - unlike the Spring. But why don't we wait and see what happens before wasting more time on this.

Comment

You underestimate the sack, memory, and character of desperate parents who want validation of little landon and mia's gifts.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X