Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are some of you so happy to see soccer cancelled?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are some of you so happy to see soccer cancelled?

Can’t for the life of me why some of you spend time on a website talking about soccer, and presumably pay for your kids to play, yet incessantly post on here about the season being cancelled without a hint of regret about it.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can’t for the life of me why some of you spend time on a website talking about soccer, and presumably pay for your kids to play, yet incessantly post on here about the season being cancelled without a hint of regret about it.
    November 3rd. It’s not complicated.

Comment

Nobody is happy about things being cancelled.

But, some might feel relieved that difficult decisions no longer need to be made.

As far as the Nov 3rd comment. Soccer or no soccer isn’t changing my vote.

Comment

But, some might feel relieved that difficult decisions no longer need to be made.

There is a group of people who want to see everything collapse in the coming months. Soccer and sports in general is a small part of that.

Comment

Chubby out of shape angry because they are ugly people.

Comment

There is a group of people who want to see everything collapse in the coming months. Soccer and sports in general is a small part of that.
            Bull sh**. No one wants that. It's bad enough as it is. Where people disagree is how to make it better again. Yes the risk of most youth sports is low but righting the ship will take everyone doing their part. As seen in much of the US right now a hodge podge, scattered approach doesn't work. The virus doesn't care about state borders either. We don't want to go backwards in MA. Just think about how many college students from across the country will be returning to MA campuses soon. Now is not the time to lower our guard

Comment

TS has become the most negative place to talk about "soccer." Everything but soccer is talked about here. And everyone who clearly has no love for the game and likely has crappy players are posting negative junk here daily. I think sadly TS is going down the drain during COVID because it is now a place to complain about politics and shut down soccer. Peace out we are done with the forum.

Comment

Why do you think people who think soccer will be cancelled want it to be cancelled. I want very much for my kids to be able to play. I want to take them to summer tournaments. But what i want is not what I think will happen. Despite wanting them to play I don’t think it will happen. I don’t think there will be any summer tournaments and i think Fall seasons will be cancelled. There might be practices but no games. My daughter would be playing in high school but i can say with certainty she won’t be playing this year. Her coach warned them weeks ago it was very unlikely. Mainly because of logistics of it all. I don’t want any of it I want to watch them play. Unfortunately, I don’t always get what I want.

Comment

The problem is with people like you who say “I know for certainty”. No one knows for certainty either way.

Comment

Coward. Shut down soccer so a tough decision doesn't need to be made??? Why not try to make it work. Sure....things might be more difficult but at least the kids get to play. Keep shutting things down and US will be the economic equivalent of Panama.

Oh...and no one cares how you vote on Nov 3rd! Everyone knows you are going to write in Hillary.

Comment

Why do you think people who think soccer will be cancelled want it to be cancelled. I want very much for my kids to be able to play. I want to take them to summer tournaments. But what i want is not what I think will happen. Despite wanting them to play I don’t think it will happen. I don’t think there will be any summer tournaments and i think Fall seasons will be cancelled. There might be practices but no games. My daughter would be playing in high school but i can say with certainty she won’t be playing this year. Her coach warned them weeks ago it was very unlikely. Mainly because of logistics of it all. I don’t want any of it I want to watch them play. Unfortunately, I don’t always get what I want.
                      Of course no one always get what they want. But, it doesn't mean you put a hard fought effort. Sure...things would be a bit more difficult. Maybe someone needs to drive them to games instead of a bus. Ok, not a big sacrifice. Maybe I can't attend because they don't want spectators...not a big sacrifice. Wear a mask on the sidelines...not a big sacrifice.

You seem so easy to quit when the going gets tough.

Comment

^^^ meant to say, "it doesn't mean you don't put in a hard fought effort..."

Comment

Agreed. Our children are suffering. Our economy destroyed. Give our kids the sports outdoors. This will actually keep their bodies and immune systems strong and healthy in case they do contract the virus they are strong. Keep them home away from kids, away from sports will make them depressed, weak and actually more prone to illness.

LET THEM PLAY SOCCER!

Comment

Troll thread I know, but -

People want their kids and themselves and their parents NOT to get infected more than they want to play soccer.

Comment

Troll thread I know, but -

People want their kids and themselves and their parents NOT to get infected more than they want to play soccer.
                              So then okay then those people can stay home.... no need for all of us to do what you want. we don't all agree that the virus is as bad as the headlines say. so you do you. but leave our kids who want to play alone.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X