Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My kids have never been to ProProject. Wondering where do your kids play pick up soccer? age group? I grew up hanging at hoop courts and games would start organically. Where is that happening here?
    It’s called FIFA 2020. Especially now with Covid.

Comment

Every local high school these days.
      so, if my 8 year old shows up, he can get in a game with 7-10 year olds. Will assume parents drop them off there.

or is it HS friends meeting up to play?

maybe my definition of pickup is different. or maybe just differnt for soccer in the US.

Comment

It’s called FIFA 2020. Especially now with Covid.
        huh, so playing a video game is better than actually playing. Only in USA. Bet you call the coach and ask why your son isn't on "elite" team.

Comment

At least we are the only country you actually pay someone to play pick up soccer. These Brazilians are missing a trick

Comment

At least we are the only country you actually pay someone to play pick up soccer. These Brazilians are missing a trick
            All around the world, from Cranston to Back Bay, pickup games happen every day. Just go to ur local high school or field. Or have lil Mess kick on his/her own.

Comment

Problems with Pro Project:

1) It is essentially a pick up game, but participants have to pay a fee. Everywhere else in the world kids just get together and play, but not here, not when money can be made from it.

2) Parents think it is a good product because all these good players are paying for it, when in reality the product is a pick up game and these same kids could start a text thread and show up to a field on their own.

3) It is becoming even more of a money making model, with tiering. It used to be only the best could come, but now you can get a bunch of lower level kids together and they can have their own designated time. Will they get onto the instagram?

Comment

At $200+ per month you will spend more money on a Pro Project in 2 years than your kid will get in soccer scholarship money, if they get to play college soccer at all.

Here’s an idea, put $200 per month in a shoebox from now until your child goes to college. You’ll thank me when they graduate from high school.

Comment

Has anyone broken the news to Pro Project that a majority of what they do is currently not allowed by the State of Massachusetts?

https://www.mass.gov/info-details/ex...ance-documents

Comment

What is PP’s refund policy?

Comment

I prefer my kid to be trained by coaches that are less interested in flashy Instagram footage. The pro project guys are all about hype and revenue generation. Their trainings are okay, but certainly not challenging. They ride the coattails of a few decent players and train some ISL kids. If it makes you feel better to have your kid train in that environment then have at it. It seems like the players that train there have plateaued on decent teams and are hoping to get back to starting more regularly. For them it might be worth it.

Comment

I prefer my kid to be trained by coaches that are less interested in flashy Instagram footage. The pro project guys are all about hype and revenue generation. Their trainings are okay, but certainly not challenging. They ride the coattails of a few decent players and train some ISL kids. If it makes you feel better to have your kid train in that environment then have at it. It seems like the players that train there have plateaued on decent teams and are hoping to get back to starting more regularly. For them it might be worth it.
                        Unbelievable how many suckers there are. Musta been 100 kids out there on that field last week. at $200 a pop - thats $20 grand a month. Guys gotta be handin out some crack if it's as easy as texting your buds and playin pickup. Anyone see any pipes?

Comment

Yeah, like Scales. Go for it.

Comment

Musta been 100 kids out there on that field last week.
                            They’ll get shut down for that.

Comment

What is PP’s refund policy?
                              Same as other soccer entities ... they keep your money, cry, stop operations, and get money from the feds! Total BS! Way to keep rotten companies afloat ... this was a great opportunity to cull bad businesses and let them get gobbled up cheap by stronger, better companies.

Comment

Pro project: the good,the bad and the ugly

Unbelievable how many suckers there are. Musta been 100 kids out there on that field last week. at $200 a pop - thats $20 grand a month. Guys gotta be handin out some crack if it's as easy as texting your buds and playin pickup. Anyone see any pipes?

Hmmmmm, how much of that do you think they claim?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X