Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Futsal is for players with no athleticism.
    Sounds like the parent of the kid that can run like a track star but has a the touch and decision making of a drunken mule.

Comment

Slower players look like they belong in Futsal. Top level athletes don’t look great because they can’t use their advantage. It’s a joke.
      Obviously you dont understand soccer so I will not go back n fourth with you ..futsal is used as a tool for training while on break.i would consider my son a top player and if it wernt for futsal I don't k ow where he be.. dont know who your coach is but I'd he doesn't advise his team to play futsal while not playing on the field then he isn't a real coach..instead of blurting please go to where Christiono ronaldo dedicated his career from playing futsal as a kid..also messi and ronaldinho . Neymar another awesome futsal player.

Comment

Obviously you dont understand soccer so I will not go back n fourth with you ..futsal is used as a tool for training while on break.i would consider my son a top player and if it wernt for futsal I don't k ow where he be.. dont know who your coach is but I'd he doesn't advise his team to play futsal while not playing on the field then he isn't a real coach..instead of blurting please go to where Christiono ronaldo dedicated his career from playing futsal as a kid..also messi and ronaldinho . Neymar another awesome futsal player.
        No you’re right. I don’t understand soccer at all.

By the way, every player you names is an elite athlete. I can tell you that if “you don’t know where your kid would be without futsal” , it means that they aren’t an elite athlete. If they are faster and stronger than everyone else they’d be dominant.

I’m guessing that you think the number juggles that your kid can do matters as well.

I’m also guessing that your kid is younger than u12 for girls or u15 for boys. Once u16 comes around for boys, the only dominant players are high level athletes. The futsal kids...well they keep playing futsal.

Comment

By the way, every player you names is an elite athlete. I can tell you that if “you don’t know where your kid would be without futsal” , it means that they aren’t an elite athlete. If they are faster and stronger than everyone else they’d be dominant.

I’m guessing that you think the number juggles that your kid can do matters as well.

I’m also guessing that your kid is younger than u12 for girls or u15 for boys. Once u16 comes around for boys, the only dominant players are high level athletes. The futsal kids...well they keep playing futsal.
          My son uses futsal to stay in shape and believe me he is good..I dont know what you have against futsal but I think I know...you have never played the game correctly. you never did proper training in futsal. Futsal is not meant to show up and let kids play like on the field. Its structured with drills first then 4v4 scrimmaging. What else futsal does is teaches kids team play and eliminates the ball hogs and kids who dont like to pass.. you really should come and see how a real futsal training and I think you would change your mind...

Comment

My son is a u14 da player and has played since 5 years old ..started playing indoors first . Hes very good and like I said the futsal puts the fine tuning to his talent to work on the fields..juggling 😂..talk about worthless...that's great of your in a circus...btw he can juggle all day if you like...

Comment

Like I said please bring your kids to the court. We will show you our slow kids and how futsal is a waste 😏.

Comment

Like I said please bring your kids to the court. We will show you our slow kids and how futsal is a waste 😏.
                I’m convinced your kid is 10 now. Absolutely convinced. Wait for u16. Your dreams are over.

Comment

I’m convinced your kid is 10 now. Absolutely convinced. Wait for u16. Your dreams are over.
                  Hmm hes 14 and btw his goal is to play in college . Very smart kid and not looking to be the next messi...you sure are a positive person though..

Comment

This is whats wrong with US soccer.

Yes being an elite athlete is 100% required to be an elite player at any meaningful level.

But being an elite athlete without an elite skillset (ball handling/decision making etc) makes you a kid that gets $2500/yr towards your education and get to play in a DII or DIII school for a few more years.

If that is your goal cool! party on, enjoy have fun. If you have an expectation of being a professional though you will need both.

All of american soccer seems to gravitate towards the freakishly athletic, and ignoring the skills, or assuming you can teach these kids the needed skills. In most cases you can't, the kids don't see the point in juggling or studying the game because until they are 16 or so they can just outrun everybody, by then its too late.

Comment

This is whats wrong with US soccer.

Yes being an elite athlete is 100% required to be an elite player at any meaningful level.

But being an elite athlete without an elite skillset (ball handling/decision making etc) makes you a kid that gets $2500/yr towards your education and get to play in a DII or DIII school for a few more years.

If that is your goal cool! party on, enjoy have fun. If you have an expectation of being a professional though you will need both.

All of american soccer seems to gravitate towards the freakishly athletic, and ignoring the skills, or assuming you can teach these kids the needed skills. In most cases you can't, the kids don't see the point in juggling or studying the game because until they are 16 or so they can just outrun everybody, by then its too late.
                      Yep your right on..that last poster is your typical american soccer parent ...

Comment

Yep your right on..that last poster is your typical american soccer parent ...
                        Hey, by the way, we live in the US—direct soccer is still king. Multi sport athletes are still superior. Why play Futsal when we can hit the weights and track. I’d rather have a kid who can run a sub-11 100M, can pole vault 13 ft, and dunk on the soccer field then some slow midget who can do 37 v-cuts in a row. The funny thing is soccer is so diluted with non-athletes down here that when a freak comes through they can dominate instantly. The rest of the world has the premier athletes play soccer...the US has the leftovers. That’s where we need to change. Futsal is not the answer. Genetics is.

Comment

Hey, by the way, we live in the US—direct soccer is still king. Multi sport athletes are still superior. Why play Futsal when we can hit the weights and track. I’d rather have a kid who can run a sub-11 100M, can pole vault 13 ft, and dunk on the soccer field then some slow midget who can do 37 v-cuts in a row. The funny thing is soccer is so diluted with non-athletes down here that when a freak comes through they can dominate instantly. The rest of the world has the premier athletes play soccer...the US has the leftovers. That’s where we need to change. Futsal is not the answer. Genetics is.
                          Still not totally disagreeing, the other sports take a lot of the freak athletes up in the US, not soccer. Not the case in other countries. But still in the other countries skill is king... if you disagree watch the last decade or two of USMNT vs. any legitimate contender. Thats what happens when the kid you mentioned above is championed throughout the system. Yes that kid comes to florida and dominates the youth ranks. Then they go to Disney and play some team of little Ecuadorian kids and they lose by 12.

The problem is that most US soccer parents thin the really skilled kid is the one that "can do 37 v-cuts in a row" ... no that kid sucks too... and probably isn't athletic. I mean the guys that have multiple moves... and know when/how to pass, tackle, receive a pass, etc. (I know its tough cause theres only like a half dozen of these kids in all of FL and they arent overly-developed enough to make a "top" team)

Comment

"we live in the US—direct soccer is still king"

And we dont make the world cup.
                            And Euro teams can beat the MLS all-star team every year using their bench.

Comment

Guys I think we are missing the whole point here..futsal isn't a replacement for field soccer..its a tool for training that's it. Let me ask you guys since seasons are over and no training on the fields..what are you guys doing ? Sitting around doing nothing..this is the time to play indoors..its 500 degrees out ..and yes crossfit is excellent ,but that isn't increasing your players technical abilities. Touches on the ball is. Sorry I disagree strongly with you guys on futsal.. tell you what a kid who plays both will always be the better all around player..

Comment

"we live in the US—direct soccer is still king"

And we dont make the world cup.
                                And Euro teams can beat the MLS all-star team every year using their bench.
                                You know why because soccer is a business here. We dont have proper training or coaches who give a fu ck. Futsal is big time in Europe in south america ..maybe we should wake up and smell the coffee. What were doing aint working..and if anyone on here thinks mls is elite level then shame on you..mls is where the top players come to retire and the players who cant make world class..If they ever want to get a sniff as being as good as EPL they better change the whole structure starting with youth players.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X