Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I get that you’re being sarcastic, but I’d bet that both stars ECNL teams at any age group would beat seacoast’s GDA team 9 out of 10 times.
    I’d say Blue 9/10; White 6/10.

Comment

I’d say Blue 9/10; White 6/10.
      Well now they'll beat them 10/10 in 02/03

2 Seacoast DA (now GA) made FC Stars MA, made room for NPL to move up. But wait! Seacoast NPL is now ELITE NPL, so team is better! GA might actually appear to be better now that they're locked out of ECNL and won't be losing 8-0 nearly every game.

Comment

^^^
        This guy sounds very intelligent 😂
        What a life that must be spending so much time putting someone and something down.

Comment

Well now they'll beat them 10/10 in 02/03

2 Seacoast DA (now GA) made FC Stars MA, made room for NPL to move up. But wait! Seacoast NPL is now ELITE NPL, so team is better! GA might actually appear to be better now that they're locked out of ECNL and won't be losing 8-0 nearly every game.
          So you are on a Seacoast team, but clearly don’t think they are good. Just leave already!

Comment

Different poster... I don’t think it’s a stretch to make a “blanket statement “ that the Seacoast teams (certainly GDA and likely NPL—using last year’s league names) are generally weak. All you would need to do is look at the records. If Seacoast moved their top teams back to the NPL level and then second teams down to NEP, etc., it would probably make more sense.
            This is an oft-repeated claim.

I'll look at it from the 04 and 05 perspectives, since I have a little more knowledge of those age groups. Their last year in NPL, the 04 team went to the NPL finals in Colorado before losing the final in a shootout after a 0-0 draw.

The 05 team split with NEFC, Oakwood, and SSS (same with Bayside), lost both to GPS-MA somehow, and crushed Aztecs and Yankee United. The next year, NEFC and Oakwood moved to GDA, and SSS the year after. So, for the most part, the teams they were on par with moved to GDA, logically it would seem the same could/should apply to Seacoast, no?

Next, look at it from a club perspective. Corporations (of which they are, like it or not) need to grow a business as staying stagnant means slipping back. If they stay in NPL, how can they grow? The teams they competed with moved on. Their intent is to be a "destination club", i.e. try to own the North Shore and New Hampshire and draw players there. If you are an NPL player on the North Shore, why would you move to another club to compete in the same league? You wouldn't.

By looking at their records since they were in GDA, it's a mixed bag. Mostly hovering a little under .500. That, to me, says they are in the correct spot. If they went 30-0, they would not be challenged. If they went 0-30, that tells me they are in over their head.

What costs them, and possibly GA will be different, is high school. Players who were in high school did not want to give up playing when they had already begun it. Understandable, and SUSC knew that would be an issue. In time, maybe, that changes. Maybe it doesn't, and hence GA looking at it different. We'll see.

As long as folks will look at W/L records as the determining factor of what league the entire club should play in, the point will be forever missed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X