X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodbye GPS - Welcome Seacoast

http://www.seacoastunited.com/about/news/seacoast-united-nh-bedford

HAMPTON, NH – Seacoast United Sports Club (SUSC) is proud to announce that it will be expanding its soccer footprint in New Hampshire for the 2020-21 season. The club will create a new region out of Bedford, NH which will provide opportunities for players primarily from Hillsborough, Rockingham, Cheshire and Merrimack counties with both elite pathways and local developmental teams.

Seacoast United is one of the only clubs in New England that provides a level of play for every age and ability. This includes community/grassroots programs, competitive travel and elite teams at every age level, college showcase teams (u15 through u18 boys & girls) and affiliates of the Girls’ Academy League and the newly founded MLS Elite Player Development Platform. The Club is also involved in the USA’s minor league system at the adult level as a member of the USL League Two, a developmental branch of United Soccer Leagues. SUSC fields soccer teams across New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and the new region will have teams train and play primarily out of Back River Sports Complex in Bedford. Seacoast United has a history of developing great talent in the region, and this latest venture will allow hundreds of young aspiring players to compete at the highest level.

Paul Willis, Founder and President of Seacoast United Sports Club, is looking forward to the opportunity. “Seacoast United was founded in New Hampshire in 1992 and the whole purpose was to try and provide better opportunities for players in the region and help elevate the standards for individuals, coaches and teams. While the club has players from across the entire state, we have always wanted to have a bigger presence in the Bedford/Manchester/Nashua region. We have had many discussions over the years as to what this would look like and we feel the time is right to make this move. We are committed to providing opportunities to players of all ages and abilities and firmly believe this will have a profound impact across the region. I’m delighted to welcome John Price as Director of Coaching, along with Lenny Webb as Director of Operations and they will work closely with Iain Scott, Peter Decker, Chris Scott, myself and the entire Seacoast United team”.

Seacoast United New Hampshire - Bedford will be hosting several programs and training sessions ahead of the 2020-21 season at the Back River Sports Complex throughout the remainder of June and July. If you are interested in learning more about the club and opportunities available, please register your interest on the following Seacoast United NH Bedford - Future Prospects Form We will follow up at the beginning of next week to all those who have registered their interest.

What happens to all of the GPS parents that have already registered for next season?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      What happens to all of the GPS parents that have already registered for next season?
      Why would you have registed for next season? Tryouts and offers have not even gone out yet.

Comment

I assume the contracts just convert to the new organization and nothing else changes. Get used to wearing Volt but that's about it.

Comment

Epping and Bedford are not all that far apart. Any chance Seacoast looks at age groups as a whole and places players on academy teams, DPL, etc across the entire age group? A big criticism of SU is always that they aren't deep enough to field competitive teams at all levels. Here is a chance to add some depth.

Comment

Absolutely. They would take any player in their footprint who can make the team, and wants to travel. Some players come from their Maine program, two hours away. Some also come from the Boston area as well. So, Bedford to Manchester isn't all that long.

I know of players who make the Manchester/Bedford trip to Epping now.

I guess the question is what's left at GPS now? The last few years has been hard on them, at least from the girls' side. But, if there's a good player of course they'd take them.

Comment

Absolutely. They would take any player in their footprint who can make the team, and wants to travel. Some players come from their Maine program, two hours away. Some also come from the Boston area as well. So, Bedford to Manchester isn't all that long.

I know of players who make the Manchester/Bedford trip to Epping now.

I guess the question is what's left at GPS now? The last few years has been hard on them, at least from the girls' side. But, if there's a good player of course they'd take them.
              At my D's age group, there are definitely players at GPS who are stronger than the bottom third of our current NPL roster. Would love to see some combining to make stronger teams for the academy and DPL teams next year.

Comment

At my D's age group, there are definitely players at GPS who are stronger than the bottom third of our current NPL roster. Would love to see some combining to make stronger teams for the academy and DPL teams next year.
                I'd love to see it happen, personally.

Comment

I assume the contracts just convert to the new organization and nothing else changes. Get used to wearing Volt but that's about it.
                  They won't. Seacoast has not bought GPS NH, so any contracts signed are still with GPS NH. Any players that follow Lenny and John to Seacoast will have to sign up separately for Seacoast.

Comment

They won't. Seacoast has not bought GPS NH, so any contracts signed are still with GPS NH. Any players that follow Lenny and John to Seacoast will have to sign up separately for Seacoast.

Is there actually a GPS NH still? Are they sharing the Back River Fields?

Comment

Is there actually a GPS NH still? Are they sharing the Back River Fields?
                      As it stands there is still a GPS NH organization, yes, with no dedicated staff. Can GPS salvage anything from it or not is another question.

Comment

Hello, I trust this finds you well

I am writing today to provide an organizational and 19-20 premier credit update you will receive from 19-20 towards the 20-21 Premier Season. Naturally we’re all disappointed with how the spring has turned out, but we remain optimistic about the future and are working on our schedule for the return to play or starting the week of June 22nd. I wish to thank you for your patience through all this.

Organizational Update

Management.

Earlier this week, John Price and Lenny Webb both resigned. Naturally we’re disappointed, but we respect their decision and thank them for their many years of service to GPS. We have begun working on plans for our management structure to take us forward and plan to update you very soon.

Questions Regarding GPS NH and Seacoast and Facility

I have received a few emails asking if we’re merging with Seacoast. We’re not and will be staying in Bedford with our programming.

We have secured space for this fall, so we remain well placed to provide you with programming.

19-20 Premier Credits

Next Step and Club Approach to Credit Amounts

The next step is that as a premier player you will receive a credit for 20-21 in the amount of $80.00

Note, this represents the value if player paid in full. In the event you did not pay in full (pro-rated players who joined later in the year and financial aid recipients for example) you will receive a credit based on the amount you paid.

Credits – high-level calculation and additional programming

As an input to the decision – we looked at each team and how much / what portion of the season they were able to compete, what we were able to offer, and tried to consider any other relevant factors
                        On top of that, we want to offer additional programming as we can for families
                        We’re working on the schedule to begin the week on June 22nd
                        The pandemic is obviously an unprecedented situation, but we are truly trying to do everything we can for families even in the midst of it
                        Credits – using them

Unless you advise differently, we will apply this to your 20-21 premier fees
                        Credits will be applied not to the $250 deposit, but to the 2nd- final payments
                        FAQ’s
                        I have multiple children in the club but not all are returning, can I apply the credit of my child who is not playing to my child who remains with the club in 20-21?
                        YES, all we ask is that you communicate this so we can apply following your registration
                        When will this credit expire?
                        December 31st, 2021
                        Can I request to use the credit for other GPS NH Programs?
                        Yes, you can use the credit for camps, clinics, residential camp in 2021
                        My child may not play this year but may return for 2021-22, can I use it then?
                        Yes, the credit is available through Dec 31st, 2021 so the 2021-22 season registration will have begun, and we will have recorded who uses the credit or doesn’t.
                        How is the credit applied?

Soon you will be sent a player offer for 20-21 with a registration link to register without paying a deposit. 1st payment will be July 1st for $250. Shortly after you register, we will go into players accounts and apply the credit by reducing the amount payable and provide a confirmation email. Credits will be spread across the remaining payments.

In the event you wish to pay in full following registration we will change your invoice to reflect the credit.

We thank you for your patience and support and look forward to seeing on the field again soon.

Best Regards

Alan Foy

GPS ME, NH & VT

www.globalpremiersoccer.com

Comment

$80 dollars...that will make players stay..***

Comment

Let's get real. GPS ship has sunk and most NH soccer players know how to get ahold of John Price or Lenny Webb for the real story. GPS will say what they have to say to get you to pay your July 1 deposit.

Comment

If GPS has the fields in the fall where does this new Seacoast team play?? what a mess!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X