X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    OP was warned to run away...
    Yes I was. I'll ask for a third time. Are there other forums like this?

Comment

1- Just so everyone here is on the same page THUSC=Crossfire Utd. No discussion or fact gathering is required. it's an irrefutable fact.

2-Any team youth club 'training' year round at THPRD fields is a member in good standing with: THJSL, THUSC, Westside Timbers or Aloha. That's it. How this reality could be lost on someone whose kid is practicing Soccer year round at these THPRD sites, is simply pure ignorance or an indicator the poster is a obvious fake.

3-US Soccer DA folded-Fact. The NWSL Thorns Youth Academy did not. They are thriving and well funded by their parent pro club and full time staff coaches..

4-Claiming on this site your kid is with THUSC/Crossfire followed by a statement that your coming on this site to learn? Frankly is beyond hysterical and ques any reader to believe you are fake poster.

You're not offending anyone, you're not real.

Next.
      I'll start with 2-
      I'm not your average soccer dad. I travel year round for work and miss a lot. I do attend every practice and game I can for her. My wife and I have never once contacted a coach about our daughter or pulled one aside to chat. Not our style. I don't know what formation the opposing teams run or who their coach is. My daughter is damn good and for the first time we changed clubs last year. We don't float from team to team. I honestly don't know what THJSL is. It cracks me up that this offends people. I'm starting to learn how this works. My daughter was invited last year to come scrimmage with the Thorns her age and she played very well. I had mentioned in a previous post that HS ball was very important to her and us. 3rd generation at her HS.

1-I don't know anything about THUSC like I said and you starting out your reply that THUSC=CrossFire......is that a bad thing? I only know my daughters team had played against them for years.

3-One of my daughters best friend is on the Thorns DA/ECNL and "thriving" isn't actually the term their parents used describing the situation there.

4- Once again, my daughter plays for CrossFire, not "claiming" it. As I am a new member, why would this be hysterical? Like I posted earlier,Just trying to learn some stuff.

Looks I REALLY came to the wrong place for that. Quite sad. Whoever is running this site should really take a look at how people are being treated. If you see me at a game please feel free to come up and we can continue this bashing. I'm the big guy with the shaved head and a ton of tattoos who doesn't look like he belongs on the west side whatsoever.

Good luck to all of you and your kids regardless of who they play for.

Comment

This forum is full of misinformation and BS and no matter what you say, the trolls will come. I applaud your attempt at trying to get rationale feedback, but I just think what you're going to see is what you've seen above. Putting down teams, kids, leagues, etc. by anonymous people. It is really disappointing and I apologize. I wish there were a way for like-minded and decent parents to converse without this kind of noise. Good luck to your daughter. She sounds talented, happy, and, hopefully healthy.
        Thank you for your kind words. I really wish there was a site that I could go on and just chat soccer. Something must have happened here in the past to make it this way. I wanted to get opinions on everything from other parents in our same situation. Thanks again for you attempt.

Comment

Takeaways to consider during your temporary lucidity.

*THUSC=Crossfire-- 1 club (THUSC) & 1 branch (XFU)

*NWSL Youth Thorns Academy is thriving since it's the only subsidized youth elite group in Oregon for Girls. Every local club is pay to play-- full board.

*Most people learn and remember from experience. Unfortunately you have a working memory disability. Maybe you should write on your skin like Guy Pearce in the Memento flick.

*Your identity issues are a source of real concern, your delusion of being a big guy with a shaved head and a ton of tattoos & someone who doesn't look like he belongs on the west side whatsoever, nope we all agree you look great in your padded wall room and snug straight jacket & burning cash for giggles. Chief.

Comment

*NWSL Youth Thorns Academy is thriving since it's the only subsidized youth elite group in Oregon for Girls. Every local club is pay to play-- full board.

*Most people learn and remember from experience. Unfortunately you have a working memory disability. Maybe you should write on your skin like Guy Pearce in the Memento flick.

*Your identity issues are a source of real concern, your delusion of being a big guy with a shaved head and a ton of tattoos & someone who doesn't look like he belongs on the west side whatsoever, nope we all agree you look great in your padded wall room and snug straight jacket & burning cash for giggles. Chief.
            Well, thank you guys for trying to help me out. More cracks on me for no real reason.I see what this place is all about. Like I said, anybody who has been giving me **** on here wants to meet face to face, come up and say hi at game. Good luck to all your kids.

As to whoever runs this site, you got some work to do brother.......

Comment

“NWSL.“ “Thriving.” “Subsidized.” Too much B.S. for even this forum. No to mention the unprovoked attack on the OP.

Comment

“NWSL.“ “Thriving.” “Subsidized.” Too much B.S. for even this forum. No to mention the unprovoked attack on the OP.
                Accurate descriptions about the 'state' of the Thorns youth academy should be avoided and called B.S. no matter what.

Why? Because it's just unnatural for us to feel inferior and less self important given the amount of money we've blown on club travel the last pre-covid few years at the local neighborhood club.

Remember the game plan folks on this site, always pivot discussion away from NWSL Thorns Academy with sophomoric & juvenile attacks aimed dead center at the Thorns.
                It helps ease the pain of our irrational travel decisions.

Then carefully circle back and push our unflavored yet expensive kool aid (Year Round Parent Funded pointless Travel) that has absolutely no ROI with respect to 'scholarships'. Since title ix interpretations have robustly funded female athletics in many fringe female activities (like ours). There is plenty of 'supply' of opportunity to match the actual 'demand' of girls in this nation who wish to attend college and play a fringe sport.

We must keep the scam alive despite the facts:

So keep pushing it, keep peddling it & you must keep pimping it..."PPP" baby!!

Comment

Accurate descriptions about the 'state' of the Thorns youth academy should be avoided and called B.S. no matter what.

Why? Because it's just unnatural for us to feel inferior and less self important given the amount of money we've blown on club travel the last pre-covid few years at the local neighborhood club.

Remember the game plan folks on this site, always pivot discussion away from NWSL Thorns Academy with sophomoric & juvenile attacks aimed dead center at the Thorns.

Then carefully circle back and push our unflavored yet expensive kool aid (Year Round Parent Funded pointless Travel) that has absolutely no ROI with respect to 'scholarships'. Since title ix interpretations have robustly funded female athletics in many fringe female activities (like ours). There is plenty of 'supply' of opportunity to match the actual 'demand' of girls in this nation who wish to attend college and play a fringe sport.

Wow. That is some crazy gibberish.

Comment

Wow someone leaked a page out of the Crossfire United top secret/classified operating manual....

Comment

Glad thorns are around. The girls that get cut from high school teams deserve a place to play. They won’t pout from the 8-0 beat downs.

Comment

Glad thorns are around. The girls that get cut from high school teams deserve a place to play. They won’t pout from the 8-0 beat downs.
                        CU in the house, page 1.

Comment

Do thorns guarantee equal playing time for all kids not matter the skill level? If they do and they don’t charge too much I might sign my kid up. I won’t sit still if she isn’t getting to start at least half the games. I need a written guarantee if you ain’t getting my business.

Comment

Do thorns guarantee equal playing time for all kids not matter the skill level? If they do and they don’t charge too much I might sign my kid up. I won’t sit still if she isn’t getting to start at least half the games. I need a written guarantee if you ain’t getting my business.
                            I doubt it, they didn't have equal play when they played DA why would they with ECNL when the compeitition is greater.

Comment

I doubt it, they didn't have equal play when they played DA why would they with ECNL when the compeitition is greater.
                              DA accepted no Oregon clubs into their platform ever and rejected their applications year after year until they stopped applying. If playing THUSC & FC PDX is greater competition than the DA ever offered, you make a great point why they folded, that's just embarrassing.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X