Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Find the Girls 01 thread and read from the start to the end. Quality info.
    This. So much this.

Comment

Curious what league have you been playing in the last 4 months that's so enriching with 'more' skilled players and vs better competition than her club team?

In Oregon the only league that aligns with your fantasy experience would be the now defunct US Soccer DA, that had no Oregon club teams just the NWSL Thorns Youth Academy squads and the nations top Girls clubs.

Word on the street due to the DA folding our Portland Pro Academy Youth Girls had to drop down to the local neighborhood kiddo club level (US Club) for at least one year until they can find a better league for their elite talent.

You are so confused that you don't even know the name of your neighborhood club that your daughter supposedly played for?
      First off, why are you coming at me sideways? Why are you talking to me this way?

We joined CU May 2018. From then until just this past mid March my daughter has had a fantastic experience. The quality of play, training and talent was far superior than that she was around with her club team.
      As far as mentioning the DA, I don't know anything about that or what they are doing? They invited my daughter to be a part of their program last year and we declined because sh and we wanted her to play HS ball.

Why would you accuse me of being "confused" because I didn't mention what her old team was?
      I'm starting to see why people aren't registered in here. It allows people to put people on blast like this person just did me for NO reason.

Man, if I posted something to upset you guys on here, I apologize. That was not my intention. I just wanted to come on here to get a feel for how things are going on out there in the soccer world.

Comment

Damn. Why are you so upset? You child have a bad experience with ECNL? Been fantastic for us so far. Our daughter is thriving and playing with more skilled players and against better competition than she was with her club team. Thats what I thought it was about.......
        No Oregon child can claim to have a 'bad' experience based solely on the local neighborhood club's elective national body association. (US Club/UYSA/AYSO)

But, of course someone could have a 'bad' experience on a given team in a given club, absolutely.

Your post contends that her current experience which is not with local club soccer, but a different level that let's her thrive unlike her club team.

Is that HS Soccer? or Co-ED HS Recreational Soccer?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

No Oregon child can claim to have a 'bad' experience based solely on the local neighborhood club's elective national body association. (US Club/UYSA/AYSO)

But, of course someone could have a 'bad' experience on a given team in a given club, absolutely.

Your post contends that her current experience which is not with local club soccer, but a different level that let's her thrive unlike her club team.

Is that HS Soccer? or Co-ED HS Recreational Soccer?

Thanks in advance.
          First off, thanks for replying and not attacking me.

My daughter has moved from NEU (I'm sorry, United PDX now) to CrossFire. Her last season at United she was a DP for Crossfire. She/we wanted to see if she liked that environment, and she REALLY did. She was impressed with the level of talent she was surrounded by. We left it up to her and she chose to move to CrossFire. She had been at and enjoyed NEU/United for years, it was time for as new challenge. We have had a great experience there since.

She also plays HS ball, she just finished up her Freshman year. It was definitely a change of pace, but she had a blast being back with her neighborhood friends.

She has only done ODP once, 2 years ago, and made the Region 4 team. She had a great time doing that, but we think it was a one time thing for her.

The reason I asked if that poster had a bad experience, is because they were so negative towards me is all. I've noticed pretty quickly that seems to be the style. I can handle that, just didn't expect it.

Comment

First off, thanks for replying and not attacking me.

My daughter has moved from NEU (I'm sorry, United PDX now) to CrossFire. Her last season at United she was a DP for Crossfire. She/we wanted to see if she liked that environment, and she REALLY did. She was impressed with the level of talent she was surrounded by. We left it up to her and she chose to move to CrossFire. She had been at and enjoyed NEU/United for years, it was time for as new challenge. We have had a great experience there since.

She also plays HS ball, she just finished up her Freshman year. It was definitely a change of pace, but she had a blast being back with her neighborhood friends.

She has only done ODP once, 2 years ago, and made the Region 4 team. She had a great time doing that, but we think it was a one time thing for her.

The reason I asked if that poster had a bad experience, is because they were so negative towards me is all. I've noticed pretty quickly that seems to be the style. I can handle that, just didn't expect it.
            So she is playing with local club THUSC who have some of their teams nicknamed Crossfire, got it. I thought maybe she was with the NWSL Thorns DA youth academy that was formerly pitted against the nation's most elite teams, before US Soccer went bankrupt and dropped both the boys and girls DA. Glad to hear she found a local club that fits for her and your family.

Comment

Thorns have been really poor so I’d avoid if you want my opinion. Unless you want to lose.

Due to the high school ban the Girls DA really struggled to get quality imo. Not good.

Comment

So she is playing with local club THUSC who have some of their teams nicknamed Crossfire, got it. I thought maybe she was with the NWSL Thorns DA youth academy that was formerly pitted against the nation's most elite teams, before US Soccer went bankrupt and dropped both the boys and girls DA. Glad to hear she found a local club that fits for her and your family.
                I don't know anything about THUSC other than my daughter playing against them for years while she was on NEU.

There are a handful of girls on her CrossFire team now that were on THUSC, but there are more from NEU, including my daughter that joined her this season.

She has a couple friends that were on the Thorns DA, I didn't realize their competition was so elite. Don't think they had much success these past two seasons. Not sure about all the age groups though.

Seems kinda like you are putting down ECNL? I thought my daughter's team was playing some good comp, but I'm new to all this.

Comment

I don't know anything about THUSC other than my daughter playing against them for years while she was on NEU. There are a handful of girls on her CrossFire team now that were on THUSC, but there are more from NEU, including my daughter that joined her this season. She has a couple friends that were on the Thorns DA, I didn't realize their competition was so elite. Don't think they had much success these past two seasons. Not sure about all the age groups though. Seems kinda like you are putting down ECNL? I thought my daughter's team was playing some good comp, but I'm new to all this.

You are either a very naive parent, uninformed or have local leadership that isn't educating you regarding your daughter's (nicknamed crossfire) actual OYSA/US Club affiliation with THUSC. Stop and think why are all training and games hosted at THRPD fields pre Covid?(only THPRD affiliate members have access for training at these venues) Sorry you didn't know. It follows you would have no clue either about the US Soccer DA that was the top shelf for elite youth clubs/player in the nation, they went bankrupt and folded shop about two months ago. Also, it's impossible to 'put down' a national membership association like USYS/AYSO or US Club (ecnl) they simply register club players, provide insurance and serve as structural national governing body & all fall under US Soccer.

Being new to any of this isn't an excuse for not taking 10 minutes to have at least a clue.

Comment

You are either a very naive parent, uninformed or have local leadership that isn't educating you regarding your daughter's (nicknamed crossfire) actual OYSA/US Club affiliation with THUSC. Stop and think why are all training and games hosted at THRPD fields pre Covid?(only THPRD affiliate members have access for training at these venues) Sorry you didn't know. It follows you would have no clue either about the US Soccer DA that was the top shelf for elite youth clubs/player in the nation, they went bankrupt and folded shop about two months ago. Also, it's impossible to 'put down' a national membership association like USYS/AYSO or US Club (ecnl) they simply register club players, provide insurance and serve as structural national governing body & all fall under US Soccer.

Being new to any of this isn't an excuse for not taking 10 minutes to have at least a clue.
                    Oh look, the jackass woke up from his nap.

Comment

1-Born and raised in NE Portland. My daughter started playing soccer 9 years ago and has loved it. She has been at NEU ever since like I posted. She has always been one of the better players on her teams and like I stated in a previous post she moved on to CrossFire.

2-Until this past year the only time I spent west of the Willamette was at saturday market or cannon beach.......so you'll have to excuse my NAIVETY when it comes to "THPRD" and their day to day operations. Would it make you feel better if I told you I just had to google what "THPRD" even is? Well I did.

3-I WAS aware of the Thorns DA folding. My daughter knows and has played with a few players on her ages Thorns team.

4-Once again I apologize for not "taking 10 minutes" to "get a clue". In fact that was why I came to this forum. Like I said I was trying to find a place to learn all of these things and have on more than one occasion been blasted for this? Once again, I just don't understand all the hate being tossed around here. Why so angry? All I've done is ask some questions and am kinda being attacked.

My daughter loves playing soccer and we are trying to give her the best experience she can get. Once again, sorry I keep offending people on here.

Comment

1-Born and raised in NE Portland. My daughter started playing soccer 9 years ago and has loved it. She has been at NEU ever since like I posted. She has always been one of the better players on her teams and like I stated in a previous post she moved on to CrossFire.

2-Until this past year the only time I spent west of the Willamette was at saturday market or cannon beach.......so you'll have to excuse my NAIVETY when it comes to "THPRD" and their day to day operations. Would it make you feel better if I told you I just had to google what "THPRD" even is? Well I did.

3-I WAS aware of the Thorns DA folding. My daughter knows and has played with a few players on her ages Thorns team.

4-Once again I apologize for not "taking 10 minutes" to "get a clue". In fact that was why I came to this forum. Like I said I was trying to find a place to learn all of these things and have on more than one occasion been blasted for this? Once again, I just don't understand all the hate being tossed around here. Why so angry? All I've done is ask some questions and am kinda being attacked.

My daughter loves playing soccer and we are trying to give her the best experience she can get. Once again, sorry I keep offending people on here.
                        This forum is full of misinformation and BS and no matter what you say, the trolls will come. I applaud your attempt at trying to get rationale feedback, but I just think what you're going to see is what you've seen above. Putting down teams, kids, leagues, etc. by anonymous people. It is really disappointing and I apologize. I wish there were a way for like-minded and decent parents to converse without this kind of noise. Good luck to your daughter. She sounds talented, happy, and, hopefully healthy.

Comment

This forum is full of misinformation and BS and no matter what you say, the trolls will come. I applaud your attempt at trying to get rationale feedback, but I just think what you're going to see is what you've seen above. Putting down teams, kids, leagues, etc. by anonymous people. It is really disappointing and I apologize. I wish there were a way for like-minded and decent parents to converse without this kind of noise. Good luck to your daughter. She sounds talented, happy, and, hopefully healthy.
                          1- Just so everyone here is on the same page THUSC=Crossfire Utd. No discussion or fact gathering is required. it's an irrefutable fact.

2-Any team youth club 'training' year round at THPRD fields is a member in good standing with: THJSL, THUSC, Westside Timbers or Aloha. That's it. How this reality could be lost on someone whose kid is practicing Soccer year round at these THPRD sites, is simply pure ignorance or an indicator the poster is a obvious fake.

3-US Soccer DA folded-Fact. The NWSL Thorns Youth Academy did not. They are thriving and well funded by their parent pro club and full time staff coaches..

4-Claiming on this site your kid is with THUSC/Crossfire followed by a statement that your coming on this site to learn? Frankly is beyond hysterical and ques any reader to believe you are fake poster.

You're not offending anyone, you're not real.

Next.

Comment

1- Just so everyone here is on the same page THUSC=Crossfire Utd. No discussion or fact gathering is required. it's an irrefutable fact.

2-Any team youth club 'training' year round at THPRD fields is a member in good standing with: THJSL, THUSC, Westside Timbers or Aloha. That's it. How this reality could be lost on someone whose kid is practicing Soccer year round at these THPRD sites, is simply pure ignorance or an indicator the poster is a obvious fake.

3-US Soccer DA folded-Fact. The NWSL Thorns Youth Academy did not. They are thriving and well funded by their parent pro club and full time staff coaches..

4-Claiming on this site your kid is with THUSC/Crossfire followed by a statement that your coming on this site to learn? Frankly is beyond hysterical and ques any reader to believe you are fake poster.

You're not offending anyone, you're not real.

Next.
                            Funniest thing about that post, the Thorns are "thriving." Ha!!!!!!!!

Comment

Funniest thing about that post, the Thorns are "thriving." Ha!!!!!!!!
                              Troll City USA

Comment

OP was warned to run away...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X