Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Go away. It is losers like you that start garbage like the epic 1+ million hit 2001 girls thread.

Seriously. Go find a hobby.

Enjoy your kid's sport while not on an anonymous chat board. You do a great disservice to your kid and a lot of kids with your BS.

You weirdos stay TF away from the boys. Sickos.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with a bunch of us men sitting in our bedrooms chatting online about pre-teen boys. Nothing at all. It is weird of course, but we know that.
      Very very weird.

Comment

Thoughts on the 08 state cup groups.

Group A: Westside Copa Red, UPDX, OPFC, PCU.

At other age groups, this would be a competitive bracket. At 08, WT is going to get to feast on minnows. UPDX and OPFC played to a scoreless tie in league play, so it's a crapshoot as to who gets the second spot. PCU is a longshot to get the second spot. For those who are whining about Westside getting an easy draw--two years ago (the last time State Cup was held), they got drawn into the Group of Death and bounced out of the tournament in two games flat. So it all evens out. My picks: Westside and UPDX.

Group B: ADF, Capital, FC, Westside Copa White.

Speaking of groups of death, here we are. ADF will finish first if they can beat Copa Red tomorrow night, second otherwise, tie for second with a draw, and finish fourth with a loss. CFC is presently in 2nd though drops to third if ADF wins. FC is sixth. Premier Gold was a six-team race this past spring, and half of those six are in this bracket. And Copa White is the best B team at this age group, and could pull off an upset. My picks are ADF and Capital.

Group C: Eastside, LAFC, McMinnville, Corvallis.

The Group of Life. The top team in this bracket is LAFC, who finished 8th in Premier Gold with one win and five losses. Eastside, who dominated this age group back when they were still playing 7v7 and 9v9, were goose-egged during spring. Both should have no problem dispatching the two Silver teams in the bracket. I'll pick the Pachucas to win, Eastside second.

Group D: ETFC, FCSC, Saints, Westside Copa TS.

The only question in this bracket will be which of Eugene and Salmon Creek will come first, and which will come in second place. I'll go with Salmon Creek to win and ETFC to place.

The other messed up thing? Check out the quarter final brackets: https://oysa.affinitysoccer.com/tour...Date=&EndDate=

The first place teams are playing each other in one half of the bracket, and the second place teams are playing in the other half. Whose bright idea was THAT????
        I read it similar-

Group A with Westside Red leading the way and with the best coaching in the 08's. In the UPDX and OPFC it was a 0-0 match with about UPDX getting 10 shots on the goal while OPFC got 1. UPDX will dominate the next match. OPFC has no offense.

Group B- ADF is top with Capital in second. Both solid teams. ADF is all around a well coached and motivated club. Capital FC is a notch below. FCP punched above their weight and showed they belong in the discussion. This is a tough group.

Group C- Interesting- all are weaker teams. Pachuca played better this spring but was still not great and Eastside did not show well either. Neither are good teams. I'll go with McMinnville (solid striker if I remember) and Pachuca. The teams that move forward do not deserve to and will be knocked out early in the next stage.

Group D FCSC did solid again and has solid team playing. ETFC is a solid 2nd.

The next round will be the interesting one though... I do not think Westside is going to lose. Their two strikers are too good.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with a bunch of us men sitting in our bedrooms chatting online about pre-teen boys soccer. Nothing at all. It is weird of course, but we know that.

You men are disgusting. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Comment

I read it similar-

Group A with Westside Red leading the way and with the best coaching in the 08's. In the UPDX and OPFC it was a 0-0 match with about UPDX getting 10 shots on the goal while OPFC got 1. UPDX will dominate the next match. OPFC has no offense.

Group B- ADF is top with Capital in second. Both solid teams. ADF is all around a well coached and motivated club. Capital FC is a notch below. FCP punched above their weight and showed they belong in the discussion. This is a tough group.

Group C- Interesting- all are weaker teams. Pachuca played better this spring but was still not great and Eastside did not show well either. Neither are good teams. I'll go with McMinnville (solid striker if I remember) and Pachuca. The teams that move forward do not deserve to and will be knocked out early in the next stage.

Group D FCSC did solid again and has solid team playing. ETFC is a solid 2nd.

The next round will be the interesting one though... I do not think Westside is going to lose. Their two strikers are too good.
            1. Westside Copa Red
            2. ADF
            3. FCSC
            4. Capital FC
            5. Portland FC
            6. ETFC
            7. UPDX
            8. PCU
            9. Westside Copa White
            10 OPFC

Comment

There is nothing wrong with a bunch of us men sitting in our bedrooms chatting online about pre-teen boys soccer. Nothing at all. It is weird of course, but we know that.

What is wrong with you people? Anyone anonymously "chatting" with other men about pre-teen boys on the internet should get their head examined.

Not only are you EFing weird, you are also doing a great disservice to your children.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Comment

State cup grouping looks like it was poorly done. It would not have taken much effort to give the group a little more balance. My son plays with the 07's from time to time as well as 08's and the size, speed and game play are all a few steps ahead. The best kids always play up a year.

I would not be surprised if one of the top 3 teams surprises in State Cup.

Comment

What is wrong with you people? Anyone anonymously "chatting" with other men about pre-teen boys on the internet should get their head examined.

Not only are you EFing weird, you are also doing a great disservice to your children.

Leave us alone. Most of us only post while using the restroom and thus no clothes from the waist down.

Comment

First of all, keep in mind that the top 08 kids are playing with 07 teams, or higher. But limiting yourselves to 08s playing with 08 teams, your assessment is fairly good.

Second, due to Covid, the seedings for State Cup are randomized this year rather than based on records in league play. And rumor has it that one of the four State Cup groups is a Group of Death, with three of the top six teams (out of a field of 16 or so) being lumped together in the same group.

But yeah, the favorites to win are probably ADF, Copa Red, CFC, and Salmon Creek.
                    Not necessarily a fan of them (or the club in particular), but I'd imagine Eugene is still a tough out. We didn't play them this season, but in season's past, they were tough & physical, and they could play a bit.

Comment

Sickos talking about little boy on the internet anonymously. Gross.

Comment

Not necessarily a fan of them (or the club in particular), but I'd imagine Eugene is still a tough out. We didn't play them this season, but in season's past, they were tough & physical, and they could play a bit.
                        Eugene is spotty. Will see how they do in the State Cup. Should be a fun tournament and so glad the boys have soccer back in 2021.

Comment

Sickos talking about little boy on the internet anonymously. Gross.
                          Sickos is right.

Comment

There seems to be a lot of player interest in Boys ECNL at this age group. Lots of guest training happening in past two weeks.

Comment

There seems to be a lot of player interest in Boys ECNL at this age group. Lots of guest training happening in past two weeks.
                              Given that the Timbers Academy clubs seem to be dominating this age group (along with Salmon Creek), it wouldn't surprise me that the usual suspects are once again looking for an exit, so they can claim to be elite by virtue of playing in a travel league. That scam never gets old.

Unfortunately, the different high school seasons mean that combining with the Washington BECNL isn't going to work. I suppose kids could cross the river and play for Washington Timbers, but again, once they reach HS, and the older 08s will be freshmen in two years, kids will have to choose between HS and club soccer.

Are there enough local clubs for BECNL? Probably not without including the same clubs they want to avoid. And then you'll just have the old OPL, and we all know how well that went.

Comment

Given that the Timbers Academy clubs seem to be dominating this age group (along with Salmon Creek), it wouldn't surprise me that the usual suspects are once again looking for an exit, so they can claim to be elite by virtue of playing in a travel league. That scam never gets old.

Unfortunately, the different high school seasons mean that combining with the Washington BECNL isn't going to work. I suppose kids could cross the river and play for Washington Timbers, but again, once they reach HS, and the older 08s will be freshmen in two years, kids will have to choose between HS and club soccer.

Are there enough local clubs for BECNL? Probably not without including the same clubs they want to avoid. And then you'll just have the old OPL, and we all know how well that went.
                                More and more kids are passing up high school soccer because it is terrible. The only reason to play high school is for the social aspect not the actual soccer

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X