Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ECNL teams don’t get Got Soccer points so again. Not a good indicator.
    GDA teams don’t get points either. Got Soccer is pretty much only relevant for NEP or NEP NPL teams. Even then, it works mostly for teams that play in tons of tournaments that use Got Soccer for scheduling. Collect the points.

Comment

GDA teams don’t get points either. Got Soccer is pretty much only relevant for NEP or NEP NPL teams. Even then, it works mostly for teams that play in tons of tournaments that use Got Soccer for scheduling. Collect the points.
      I think you’ve jumped into this, not read the thread and missed the point what the guy was trying to make.

Comment

I think you’ve jumped into this, not read the thread and missed the point what the guy was trying to make.
        I read the thread. Posting any ranking sites (especially Got Soccer) is silly. They are not accurate.

Comment

MA only 2006 list;

NEFC DA
          SSS DA
          Stars Blue
          Stars White
          Scorpions
          Liverpool
          NEFC South (Could be classed as RI)
          NEFC West
          NEFC NS
          Stars Regional Blue

Comment

I read the thread. Posting any ranking sites (especially Got Soccer) is silly. They are not accurate.
            GPS will never get an honest assessment on this board It's either lovers or haters. I'll give it my best shot though. it's true the rankings have serious flaws now that teams have moved to DA but for GPS they have it about right

NEFC DA is 1 for sure (Yes I'm the same poster from before)
            SSS DA- is #2 or 3
            STARS -#2 or 3
            Scorpians 4 or 5
            GPS 4 or 5

When these kids get to high school, we'll see where they will end up, that's when the mass move happens

Comment

GPS will never get an honest assessment on this board It's either lovers or haters. I'll give it my best shot though. it's true the rankings have serious flaws now that teams have moved to DA but for GPS they have it about right

NEFC DA is 1 for sure (Yes I'm the same poster from before)
              SSS DA- is #2 or 3
              STARS -#2 or 3
              Scorpians 4 or 5
              GPS 4 or 5

When these kids get to high school, we'll see where they will end up, that's when the mass move happens
              Agree with this, GPS is fine till u13-u-14. The big field kills their lack of athletes and kids start jumping to better leagues at that age. They were and probably continue to be solid at the u12 and below. Good business model because this is where the volume of kids are.

Comment

MA only 2006 list;

NEFC DA
                SSS DA
                Stars Blue
                Stars White
                Scorpions
                Liverpool
                NEFC West
                NEFC NS
                Stars Regional Blue
                Scorpions beat both Stars Blue & White 1-0 & 5-1.

Comment

Scorpions beat both Stars Blue & White 1-0 & 5-1.
                  They also lost to FSA who have only won 1 game

Comment

Agree with this, GPS is fine till u13-u-14. The big field kills their lack of athletes and kids start jumping to better leagues at that age. They were and probably continue to be solid at the u12 and below. Good business model because this is where the volume of kids are.
                    To confirm - you said, lack of athletes? Are we running track?

Comment

MA only 2006 list;

NEFC DA
                      SSS DA
                      Stars Blue
                      Stars White
                      Scorpions
                      Liverpool
                      NEFC West
                      NEFC NS
                      Stars Regional Blue
                      This is an example of what I mean, A troll post for sure of someone who clearly has an agenda vs GPS and therefore not honest.

GPS has beaten teams on this list and were competitive with others The SSS DA win looks like a fluke but it looks like a solid group in the middle of this pack - The quoted poster is a troll

Comment

They also lost to FSA who have only won 1 game
                        They also lost 8-1, yes 8, I repeat, a U14 ECNL team lost to another ECNL team who play in their same division at a tournament, 8-1. I understand World Class are good but losing 8-1 is a disgrace

Comment

This is an example of what I mean, A troll post for sure of someone who clearly has an agenda vs GPS and therefore not honest.

GPS has beaten teams on this list and were competitive with others The SSS DA win looks like a fluke but it looks like a solid group in the middle of this pack - The quoted poster is a troll
                          All GPS does is boot, shoot and press, lol. If there was a list for ugly soccer they would be #1

Comment

To confirm - you said, lack of athletes? Are we running track?
                            One would argue that is the #1 problem with GPS. Kick & run style soccer, that team are athletes first, soccer players second.

Comment

All GPS does is boot, shoot and press, lol. If there was a list for ugly soccer they would be #1
                              I swear you just described Stars.

Talking to a Stars parent (older than this) on their Blue team and that's exactly what he said they do: "We have big backs who just launch the ball and our forwards press until they turn it over. It's not pretty, but seems effective."

That's the exact quote.

Comment

One would argue that is the #1 problem with GPS. Kick & run style soccer, that team are athletes first, soccer players second.
                                Agreed, that’s why I was surprised when the poster said their lack of athletes. That’s all they have!!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X