Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XFire 3 - CFC 2

Also a back and forth game with XFire taking 1-0 and 2-1 leads. Don’t think XFire played particularly well and CFC does have a few good players who can make things happen (and a couple whose hands kept getting stuck to XFire jerseys ... weird).

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      FC 4, WT 3 in a back and forth game
      I wish I could have been there. Sounds like too much FC for Westside to handle.

Comment

If by FC you mean F-ing Clive, than sure. Boot ball anyone?

Comment

If by FC you mean F-ing Clive, than sure. Boot ball anyone?
          Do I smell a sore loser?
          What was the result of Vantucky and UPDX?

Comment

Your recap.

This actually was a fairly even match throughout. Westside nearly opened the scoring a few minutes in when an excellent chance hit the woodwork, and had another good opportunity a few minutes later when FC's keeper lost the ball, but the resulting chip attempt went over the bar. But FC drew first blood, and second. Westside got one back towards the end of the first half, with a well-placed free kick that the keeper had no chance at. (AK played as a field player in this game, his arm in a soft cast; someone else was in goal).

Westside came out firing in the second half, and tied it on another free kick, and then momentarily took the lead. FC tied it up a few minutes later when a short corner was misdefended, and someone got loose for an open shot on goal just outside the penalty area, which was chipped in. FC got the winner on another free kick.

It's interesting to note the differences between SE and Cony. For better or worse, Steven lets the boys play, even if they make mistakes (and a few were made); whereas Cony (and Jaime before) are both infamous for having a quick hook. Whether the higher-pressure environment is good or bad for player development is an interesting question...

Comment

Your recap.

It's interesting to note the differences between SE and Cony. For better or worse, Steven lets the boys play, even if they make mistakes (and a few were made); whereas Cony (and Jaime before) are both infamous for having a quick hook. Whether the higher-pressure environment is good or bad for player development is an interesting question...
              I don't think it has anything to do with player development. I think when SE gets an idea as to what player is going to play what position and how many minutes they are going to play he has a tough time changing up when he needs to. He is a young coach, and I am sure this will change as time goes by and he gains more experience.

Comment

I don't think it has anything to do with player development. I think when SE gets an idea as to what player is going to play what position and how many minutes they are going to play he has a tough time changing up when he needs to. He is a young coach, and I am sure this will change as time goes by and he gains more experience.
                Nobody cares- westside 05 is garbage

Comment

Nobody cares- westside 05 is garbage
                  As are UPDX, FC, CFC, crossfire, and Washington.

Westside at least knows it's an academy feeder.

Comment

If by Westside you mean 💩, and by academy you mean 🚽

Comment

You have to be kidding right? Academy feeder?? Hahaha

Comment

Relax. Next year your kids and the kids at Westside (or whatever other rival club you think your club is better than) will both be playing on freshman teams at the local HS (with the good ones on the JV team, and perhaps a few kids on varsity as freshmen, if the coach allows it)--except for those born in September or later, who will discover just why it sucks to be an 8th grader in U15.

Some of your kids might even play for an NCAA scholarship.

And for 95% of you at Timbers Academy... same story.

At best, you'll get to brag that "my kid played for the club that produced X". And Westside already has that competition sewn up for the next decade or so; not that it mattered last Saturday or will matter next.

Comment

Relax. Next year your kids and the kids at Westside (or whatever other rival club you think your club is better than) will both be playing on freshman teams at the local HS (with the good ones on the JV team, and perhaps a few kids on varsity as freshmen, if the coach allows it)--except for those born in September or later, who will discover just why it sucks to be an 8th grader in U15.

Some of your kids might even play for an NCAA scholarship.

And for 95% of you at Timbers Academy... same story.

At best, you'll get to brag that "my kid played for the club that produced X". And Westside already has that competition sewn up for the next decade or so; not that it mattered last Saturday or will matter next.
                          ???- what are you even trying to accomplish with this post. Westside 05 (this is an 05 forum after all) is and always has been an after thought at this age group yet the parents seem to think otherwise. Even the few that went to TA (2 or 3 should not even be there) did not make a bit of difference when they were on the westside roster. Still 4th or 5th at best

Comment

Golden boot race

Muhammed Sanneh 4 WashT
                            Antuan Peterson 4 FCP
                            Miguel Lopez 3 Westside
                            Gavin Ripley 3 Crossfire
                            Lucas Witthauer 2 WashT
                            Kenechi Nnoli 2 Westside
                            Aidan Brouddus 2 Crossfire
                            Brandon Martinez Ventura 2 Capital
                            Alexander Harris 1 WashT
                            David Martinez 1 Westside
                            Brian Johnson 1 Westside
                            Hector Martinez Morales 1 Westside
                            Nathan Olszewski 1 UPDX
                            Richard Anderson 1 Crossfire
                            Drew Pederson 1 Crossfire
                            Ryan Sanchez 1 FCP
                            Axel De La Torre 1 UPDX
                            Zac Levin 1 Crossfire
                            Henry Dennis Nahl 1 Westside
                            Angel Jareth Solis 1 Capital
                            Andrew Zohner 1 Capital
                            Farzaan Wadiwalla 1 FCP
                            Aldair Barocio 1 Capital
                            Samuel Dreyer 1 Capital

Comment

Haha...exactly. I love that the poster slams "little DA" in comparison to TA, and then tried to throw Westside a bone. TA must definitely be scared...too much talks bout and hype about little DA. Crossfire would beat them, I am pretty sure.

Comment

???- what are you even trying to accomplish with this post. Westside 05 (this is an 05 forum after all) is and always has been an after thought at this age group yet the parents seem to think otherwise. Even the few that went to TA (2 or 3 should not even be there) did not make a bit of difference when they were on the westside roster. Still 4th or 5th at best
                                Bruce Springsteen has some advice for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vQpW9XRiyM

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X