Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Oh, and tell me the difference between ECNL and GAL travel differences.

What if, and just an idea, they just didn't WANT to join USYS? Maybe they wanted the players to have a voice in how the league would be shaped? Maybe they didn't want, or need, a national competition and wanted it to operate like an exoskeleton, Regionally based and led?
    Taking into account the old NE ECNL and the old NE GDA, you are correct—it was pretty much the same. Moving forward, breaking the NE ECNL into 2 new divisions has made the travel better for ECNL teams. Both leagues still require travel and always will, but cutting down by 2 or 3 overnight trips for the ECNL teams is a positive.

Comment

Usys has been a failure in the past. GAL did not want to bank on this league. Besides it’s always going to be there in its mediocracy. Heard nj real and Fc copa trying time become part of GAL. That really sucks for nj usys
      That's very funny. STA better hope they don't as that would relegate STA to the 4th best team in NJ GAL. However, on the bright side, you'd only have to travel a short distance to get beat 4-0.

Comment

That's very funny. STA better hope they don't as that would relegate STA to the 4th best team in NJ GAL. However, on the bright side, you'd only have to travel a short distance to get beat 4-0.

They have a hard enough time with STA's B teams. no way they let those clubs in

Comment

Oh, and tell me the difference between ECNL and GAL travel differences.

What if, and just an idea, they just didn't WANT to join USYS? Maybe they wanted the players to have a voice in how the league would be shaped? Maybe they didn't want, or need, a national competition and wanted it to operate like an exoskeleton, Regionally based and led?
          Players have a voice is such a farce. Just a marketing ploy. GAL clubs just want the money by trying to say they are elite like ECNL. Regionally based???? Have you looked at their regional travel???

All about the $$$. Which I don’t mind. It’s business. Just don’t lie. It’s not elite like ECNL. It’s not for the players. It’s too much travel for most teams. Money!

Comment

Players have a voice is such a farce. Just a marketing ploy. GAL clubs just want the money by trying to say they are elite like ECNL. Regionally based???? Have you looked at their regional travel???

All about the $$$. Which I don’t mind. It’s business. Just don’t lie. It’s not elite like ECNL. It’s not for the players. It’s too much travel for most teams. Money!
            if the parents don't care, why do you care?

Comment

Talking about travel distances, we have it easy in the NE. For both ECNL and GAL, this is going to be very difficult in the post COVID world. Take a look at the Northwest GAL conference. Two teams in Seattle and the rest in the Bay Area. I don't know how those Seattle teams can do this. GAL and ECNL are nice ideas in SoCal but elsewhere the distances are huge.

Comment

I understand it's scary for overbearing parents to understand their kids can have a voice. But, for a girls league led by women and giving a voice to women, I applaud it. It's not 1972 there Archie.

So, again, how is the travel any different from ECNL?

Are all ECNL teams "Elite". Don't cheat and look at the badge now...Look at the talent on the pitch.

Comment

Talking about travel distances, we have it easy in the NE. For both ECNL and GAL, this is going to be very difficult in the post COVID world. Take a look at the Northwest GAL conference. Two teams in Seattle and the rest in the Bay Area. I don't know how those Seattle teams can do this. GAL and ECNL are nice ideas in SoCal but elsewhere the distances are huge.
                  Good thing we live in the Northeast and worry about the goings on in the Northeast and don't make decisions for our families on what is happening 3000 miles away.

I actually think the plan in place for GAL will work out well....if there are games.

Comment

Considering the proximity. I think it would be a great idea for STA and Match Fit to set up some scrimmages . No travel needed

Comment

I understand it's scary for overbearing parents to understand their kids can have a voice. But, for a girls league led by women and giving a voice to women, I applaud it. It's not 1972 there Archie.

So, again, how is the travel any different from ECNL?

Are all ECNL teams "Elite". Don't cheat and look at the badge now...Look at the talent on the pitch.
                      What voice? What are they going to have a say in? Less travel? Nope. Cost less? Nope. Play better teams? Nope? Change a trainer? Nope? What? If they had a real say that would be great. Cycle time is 4 years and see ya. It’s a marketing ploy. That’s it.

GAL travel is worst then ECNL and USYS. Do your homework and look. It’s not even close.

As far as talent DA collapse has decimated GAL. So many good clubs left DA to ECNL. So many elite players left GAL for ECNL across the country. It’s not even close.

Comment

What voice? What are they going to have a say in? Less travel? Nope. Cost less? Nope. Play better teams? Nope? Change a trainer? Nope? What? If they had a real say that would be great. Cycle time is 4 years and see ya. It’s a marketing ploy. That’s it.

GAL travel is worst then ECNL and USYS. Do your homework and look. It’s not even close.

As far as talent DA collapse has decimated GAL. So many good clubs left DA to ECNL. So many elite players left GAL for ECNL across the country. It’s not even close.

Why do you care so much? If your kid is on an ECNL team you are all set. Stop worrying about GAL or are you feeling threatened that maybe GAL will eventually compete with ECNL? The ECNL clubs around me are to put it mildly awful - my kid has a choice of bucks or delco. She is currently on one of these but you can bet your bottom dollar we will be watching the GAL clubs and could pursue one in the future. I’m happy there is some competition bc right now my kids ECNL choices aren’t great as both Bucks and Delco are at or near the bottom in every age group in the ECNL and have been for years.

I will root for GAL’s success as competition benefits the consumer.

Comment

Aahhhh...the old "decimated talent" again....here we go...

Anyhoo, please explain to me here in the Northeast how the travel is worse. Give examples.

C'mon Archie, you can do it.

Comment

Aahhhh...the old "decimated talent" again....here we go...

Anyhoo, please explain to me here in the Northeast how the travel is worse. Give examples.

C'mon Archie, you can do it.
                            Easy Karen.

ECNL - MF plays 2 NJ teams, 3 Philly teams and 3 MD teams.
                            GAL - CSB has to go Boston 2 times, New Hamsphire, CT and Long Island
                            GAL - CSM has to go to VA 3 times, MD 3 games, Delaware, philly 2 times, and SNJ

Let’s go high IQ. How is that not worse? I’ll help you. Mapquest the miles genius.

And this GALs easiest travel divisions. YIKES!

Comment

Easy Karen.

ECNL - MF plays 2 NJ teams, 3 Philly teams and 3 MD teams.
                              GAL - CSB has to go Boston 2 times, New Hamsphire, CT and Long Island
                              GAL - CSM has to go to VA 3 times, MD 3 games, Delaware, philly 2 times, and SNJ

Let’s go high IQ. How is that not worse? I’ll help you. Mapquest the miles genius.

And this GALs easiest travel divisions. YIKES!
                              Yeah but matchfit at the younger ages suck. There 05, 06, 07 team suffer from pretty bad Bucci karma. PDA Blue gold standard but any good player coming in is going to be directed to white team to build up that team. Not sure if they can get enough talent to close the deficit.

so GAL adds another choice. hopefully I can take the travel

Comment

Yeah but matchfit at the younger ages suck. There 05, 06, 07 team suffer from pretty bad Bucci karma. PDA Blue gold standard but any good player coming in is going to be directed to white team to build up that team. Not sure if they can get enough talent to close the deficit.

so GAL adds another choice. hopefully I can take the travel
                                Agree MF is terrible. My daughter plays at GA club. I’m not looking forward to going to VA for 3 games. Our travel is absolutely terrible.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X