EDP Coming to MA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is just too funny..is the only purpose to play youth soccer to make it to D1 college? please...just get your boy on a good team and have him enjoy the ride. Parents put way too much pressure on their kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      this is just too funny..is the only purpose to play youth soccer to make it to D1 college? please...just get your boy on a good team and have him enjoy the ride. Parents put way too much pressure on their kids.
      I'm sorry, but I use TS for all my soccer and societal knowledge, and that is something I've learned on here. There is no fun in playing Club, only for your school. There is only one league to be in, the rest are just out there picking daisies.

I used to think like you, that this is a game enjoyed by all, but I've read enough on here to realize that is a myopic view of the game. Wins at the highest level are the only things that matter.

Good news, though. There are some FANTASTIC deals on lawn mowers right now as the season is starting to rundown.

Comment

Nope, no fairness granted. We heard the same thing when the girls side was rolled out.

So, every boy playing in ECNL at this point is wasting their time and only there to play D3 soccer and because they can't compete in the MLS league and they travel all over the country due to some carrot hanging in front of their face which is a joke.

Dems dah rulez on TS.
        Pretty much for every tier 2 team, non-MLS club playing in the MLS league next year.

Comment

Pretty much for every tier 2 team, non-MLS club playing in the MLS league next year.
          Boys MLS and GAL su*k. 👎 Sorry.

Comment

Spent two years across two different boys age groups Div 1 and 2 EDP. Include w/ that a half dozen EDP tournaments in the upper brackets. Playing w/ non-pro MLS team now. EDP is legit promotion/relegation works the teams at the top (Div 1) are quality. From the logistics side (wife was a manager) EDP is responsive. Like they actually work **** out. Dont know much about Boys ECNL but can tell you EDP has a legit model, they are run well, and promotion/relegation produces superior competition.

I know girls ECNL has a stangle hold on girls talent but they would be served better by the open EDP Model. have a hard time believeing even at this point the top rated girls EDP team couldnt compete w/ the top of ECNL.

Comment

S

I know girls ECNL has a stangle hold on girls talent but they would be served better by the open EDP Model. have a hard time believeing even at this point the top rated girls EDP team couldnt compete w/ the top of ECNL.

Blasphemy!

ECNL has a much better badge, therefore much better league.

Comment

Spent two years across two different boys age groups Div 1 and 2 EDP. Include w/ that a half dozen EDP tournaments in the upper brackets. Playing w/ non-pro MLS team now. EDP is legit promotion/relegation works the teams at the top (Div 1) are quality. From the logistics side (wife was a manager) EDP is responsive. Like they actually work **** out. Dont know much about Boys ECNL but can tell you EDP has a legit model, they are run well, and promotion/relegation produces superior competition.

There should be a national MTOC style tournament for all the different leagues, decide who is best by region then have the finalists tournament play out over a few days in like the middle of the country. That way we would truly find out... oh wait we are talking about kids....oh nevermind, that's crazy thing to do for parental bragging rights!

Comment

There should be a national MTOC style tournament for all the different leagues, decide who is best by region then have the finalists tournament play out over a few days in like the middle of the country. That way we would truly find out... oh wait we are talking about kids....oh nevermind, that's crazy thing to do for parental bragging rights!
                  You are correct. As fun as this would be there is really no point to it. For the vast majority of kids, particularly on the girls side with few professional opportunities, it's all about being seen by college coaches. The teams and their relative performance don't really matter all that much (except to the clubs for marketing purposes) other than making sure you are in a league that is good enough that coaches come to watch.

As for fun itself - HS tends to have more of that.

Comment

Liverpool will be announcing that they are joining EDP soon From what I hear

Comment

Liverpool will be announcing that they are joining EDP soon From what I hear
                      It’s official, Liverpool was introduced by EDP along with AC Conn, FSA FC, and SSC..
                      More importantly another club bailed from NEP

Comment

Jump, run, bail from NEP! The NEP will be Bolts, Stars and NEFC scrubs

Comment

It’s official, Liverpool was introduced by EDP along with AC Conn, FSA FC, and SSC..
                          More importantly another club bailed from NEP
                          Spirit of Liverpool. Not Liverpool IA.

Comment

Spirit of Liverpool. Not Liverpool IA.
                            Are they still in DPL for girls top teams?

Geographically it makes more sense for them to play in this CT league.

Comment

Spol, searching for someone to love them.

Comment

As far as I know, Liverpool IA is still in DPL on the girls side. Examining all the options on the boys side, but at least for this next year it is looking like NEP/NPL for the boys.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X