Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes to Fall Soccer

I’m so tired of the bs fake news negativity. How many threads will be named No fall soccer before you give it a rest.
    I say we start a real push Yes Fall Soccer!
    The negative ones always get on here.
    I actually think those people don’t even love the sport and likely their kids suck at soccer so they don’t want to drive little Johnny to games and watch him ride the bench.

If you love the sport. If you want soccer this fall please make your voice louder here, on social media and to your coaches and governors or the fear mongers will spread fake lies and be heard.

Yes Fall Soccer!!!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’m so tired of the bs fake news negativity. How many threads will be named No fall soccer before you give it a rest.
    I actually think those people don’t even love the sport and likely their kids suck at soccer so they don’t want to drive little Johnny to games and watch him ride the bench.

If you love the sport. If you want soccer this fall please make your voice louder here, on social media and to your coaches and governors or the fear mongers will spread fake lies and be heard.

Yes Fall Soccer!!!
    here here

Comment

So you run a club? You may need a back up plan.

Comment

So you run a club? You may need a back up plan.
        Nope, just a parent who loves the sport and my kid playing the sport and believe this has gone way to far. A site about soccer has become anti soccer. Anti playing. No thanks. Time for those who love the sport and done w this BS to stand up.

Comment

Time for those who love the sport and done w this BS to stand up.
          I’m confused. Who do you intend to lose to, the virus or the government?

Comment

Yes Fall Soccer!!!
            It's almost like all those threads saying GPS was going out of business and they never......Oh NO!

Comment

Nope, just a parent who loves the sport and my kid playing the sport and believe this has gone way to far. A site about soccer has become anti soccer. Anti playing. No thanks. Time for those who love the sport and done w this BS to stand up.
              Go Revs!!!

Watch some Epl matches and have your kid learn how to play.
              Much more beneficial than any training you’ll get from the clubs.
              And go play in the back yard.
              No Fall Soccer! No Fall Soccer!

Comment

(July 10, 2020) – The official start of the fall sports season is being pushed back by approximately one month, with summer workouts for high school student-athletes – which may begin on July 13 – continuing until August 28. Following summer workouts (also known as the “summer recess period”), there will be a two-week hiatus from August 29 through September 13, during which only virtual meetings will be permitted, and only related to in-season (fall) sports.

Under the current plan – developed by the NJSIAA Sports Advisory Task Force, which is composed of athletic directors from across the state – official practices for all fall sports may commence on September 14. Competition will start September 28 for girls tennis and on October 1 for all other sports except football, which will kick off its season on October 2.

Regular seasons will conclude on October 23 for girl’s tennis, November 7 for football, and November 12 for all other fall sports. Limited postseason play will run from October 24 through October 31 for girls tennis, and November 13 through November 22 for all other sports. Schools that do not participate in the postseason may continue to play until November 22, with the exception being Thanksgiving football games. These are permissible after November 22, at each school’s discretion. No other fall sports competition will be allowed after November 22.

“High school sports are school-based, so we need to first ensure all is in order with the opening of our schools,” says Colleen Maguire, NJSIAA chief operating officer. “After that, we can begin playing sports. To be clear, our goal is to return to play – while making sure that health, safety, emotional well-being, and academics come first. We have a different model than some other types of programs that are far smaller in scale and operate independently. We have a duty to ensure that New Jersey’s schools and their more than 1.5 million students and teachers, including 283,000 high school student-athletes, can first return to school and their academics, and then participate in extracurricular activities like sports.”

Comment

First NJ is yes we will be next!

Comment

First NJ is yes we will be next!
                    just posted on the other thread - NJ can say that today and change their minds three weeks from now. It all depends on the numbers.

Comment

yep soccer is happening

Comment

Still happening in MA nothing cancelled yet negative nellies.

Comment

Still happening in MA nothing cancelled yet negative nellies.
                          You hear that? It’s the music from Jaws.

Comment

Ooooh it’s happening, this is the third state I’ve heard are having fall sports....

Today: NJ to allow for all-remote learning; practices and competitions for high risk-sports can resume.

Comment

I'll be pretty pissed if soccer gets cancelled, but they let Little League play all July & August.

Sure, on it's face baseball looks safer than soccer. All the positions are socially distanced. But then you look at all the kids crammed in the dugout, all the high fives, plays at all the bases, conferences on the mound, parents sitting in the stands (not socially distancing or wearing masks).

Then it really doesn't look that much safer than soccer. Plus little kid baseball is probably the worst sport on the planet. Akin to watching Trump's spray tan dry.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X