X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    BECNL vs oysa is a draw.
    If it wasn’t a 90 min drive to vantucky I would have my son play in the BECNL

Comment

Not sure being in the Seattle area this year is worth it for a 12 year old. Good coaching/skill development is the key for them at this age and getting a couple better games is not worth the additional risk with covid

Comment

Not sure being in the Seattle area this year is worth it for a 12 year old. Good coaching/skill development is the key for them at this age and getting a couple better games is not worth the additional risk with covid
        "Good coaching" and "skill development" aren't the issue for some parents. Being able to say "well, Junior plays in a TRAVEL league, not against the inferior local competition" is what matters.

Of course, the problem with travel leagues is... travel.

Comment

Why not drive 3 hours North? Live in Seattle area and never have to worry about any association with Vantucky?

Comment

Why not drive 3 hours North? Live in Seattle area and never have to worry about any association with Vantucky?
            You forgot to mention the amazing travel trip to Spokane as part of this package.
            And, for a league that likely won't be playing any games this Fall either....I'll wait a year or two. Development is definitely the key at this age.

Comment

"Good coaching" and "skill development" aren't the issue for some parents. Being able to say "well, Junior plays in a TRAVEL league, not against the inferior local competition" is what matters.

Of course, the problem with travel leagues is... travel.
              Honest question though - how good is the coach of the '08 Vantucky team? How good is he at development? It's great to play in a better league, but if my kid isn't developing, then what's the point?

And, for that matter, I'll throw out this honest question - Which '08 coaches (teams) have shown that developing players is their strength? Who excels at this? There's gotta be at least a few good ones out there. Would love to hear your opinions.

Comment

Honest question though - how good is the coach of the '08 Vantucky team? How good is he at development? It's great to play in a better league, but if my kid isn't developing, then what's the point?

And, for that matter, I'll throw out this honest question - Which '08 coaches (teams) have shown that developing players is their strength? Who excels at this? There's gotta be at least a few good ones out there. Would love to hear your opinions.
                Great question- Soccer is an interesting thing. Clubs have ages groups that are successful while their other age groups are not that great. Is this coaching or luck?

What teams are kids flocking to or leaving from?

Our coach is average to be honest. I've never been impressed with him but my son likes him so whatever.

Comment

There are a couple of good 08 coaches in Portland. Looking at vantucky Clubs website there are more highly licensed coaches and ones that played professionally than most odd clubs. For sure if I had a kid in vantucky I would play for a stable club with solid coaching at every age group

Comment

There are a couple of good 08 coaches in Portland. Looking at vantucky Clubs website there are more highly licensed coaches and ones that played professionally than most odd clubs. For sure if I had a kid in vantucky I would play for a stable club with solid coaching at every age group
                    The former coach at FCSC seemed to do a great job at developing. But, he has since moved away, so not sure what the present coach will be like. Not sure about the new coach at Vantucky '08. Westside seemed to have a pretty solid coach too. Of course, there's always Viktor and ADF.....lol

Comment

Lol at victar

To be fair though this is the longest he’s stayed at a club. Maybe joa likes the yelling. Or maybe the practice music boom box (that’s my favorite tbh)

Comment

THUSC lost a couple of good ones.... Will see how we do moving forward.

Comment

THUSC lost a couple of good ones.... Will see how we do moving forward.
                          THUSC lost an entire team...a result of using no name coaches. Poof.

Comment

THUSC lost an entire team...a result of using no name coaches. Poof.
                            Might have been the thugball tactics of last year's 08 squad, which reportedly were encouraged from the bench and ticked off more than a few parents... And seems out of place from an outfit that bills itself as the kinder gentler club in Beaverton.

Comment

Might have been the thugball tactics of last year's 08 squad, which reportedly were encouraged from the bench and ticked off more than a few parents... And seems out of place from an outfit that bills itself as the kinder gentler club in Beaverton.
                              They haven't provided any service to the beaverton area that would warrant a bill be given to parents of boys...kinder & gentler? lost and forgotten is a better slogan.

Comment

Didn't play them in spring as they were demoted to silver from gold. But, ya, in fall they played rough. Not good. Just rough and physical.

What clubs did these boys head to?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X