Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

League games this fall

Does anyone out there think we are going to play league games in the fall? I hear that clubs outside of CT are not returning to even practice until fall. So, regardless of ECNL, EDP, CCSL, etc...will we possibly only scrimmage this fall ? Certain our fees won’t reflect that!!!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Does anyone out there think we are going to play league games in the fall? I hear that clubs outside of CT are not returning to even practice until fall. So, regardless of ECNL, EDP, CCSL, etc...will we possibly only scrimmage this fall ? Certain our fees won’t reflect that!!!
    The MA ECNL clubs have been practicing for 2 weeks.

Comment

Definitely will be leagues and games with other states just as long as they don’t hit CT’s list of Covid states with high cases. Of course that list will change by fall

Comment

Definitely will be leagues and games with other states just as long as they don’t hit CT’s list of Covid states with high cases. Of course that list will change by fall
        Most teams will play NY, NJ and MA teams, states that have been working together against Covid and have a greater population of sane adults who believe in science.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2772234]The MA ECNL clubs have been practicing for 2 weeks.[/QUOTE

According to CFC and fsa Facebook pages, their teams are training. Ow Facebook just shows camps, are their teams training? What other clubs are training?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2772252]
            The MA ECNL clubs have been practicing for 2 weeks.[/QUOTE

According to CFC and fsa Facebook pages, their teams are training. Ow Facebook just shows camps, are their teams training? What other clubs are training?
            OW resumed training last week. 3 times per week for most of their teams from what I’ve heard and seen

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2772680]

OW resumed training last week. 3 times per week for most of their teams from what I’ve heard and seen
              Same with CFC

Comment

RI teams are training. I hear MA has some pretty strict restrictions regarding keeping distance and not even using balls (for the one team I'm aware of), but my kids have been scrimmaging within their own teams (groups of 15 or less).

Now, whether there's a season or not is going to boil down to the risk aversion of the Boomers (or aging Xers) running this whole totalitarian nightmare.

Comment

I believe that the sanctioning bodies and leagues will authorize soccer and other sports but that the schools and municipalities will refuse to let anyone use their fields making it a moot point.

Comment

I believe that the sanctioning bodies and leagues will authorize soccer and other sports but that the schools and municipalities will refuse to let anyone use their fields making it a moot point.
                    I don’t think so with regard to fields.
                    Towns are opening up the fields for permits for events.
                    Some towns are begging to hold tryouts for the fall on town fields with permits being issued.
                    They have however increased the hurdles one must jump through to get a permit.
                    Tryouts starting next week in some towns.

Comment

CT came out yesterday saying schools will re open in the fall but will be vastly different. They already gave the heads up that masks will be mandatory. Supposedly there's more details coming Monday. No word on sports yet but maybe it will be in Monday's announcement.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2772714]

Same with CFC
                        CFC North teams are only training once a week

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2774181]

CFC North teams are only training once a week
                          They are not united therefore irrelevant

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2774292]

They are not united therefore irrelevant
                            Must be United have so many new replacements working out for free ..... Considering you paid $3500 for a season that didn't happen. Enjoy!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X