Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Mercedes, Honda, BMW, Tesla, Ford....they all carry on about they are the best...and they all exaggerate to make the sale. Ecnl does not live up to the hype and neither does gda.
    Must....
    turn....
    this....
    about....
    GDA....

Comment

And so, your suggestion is? Like your realistic suggestion for families interested in maximizing talent and opportunities over the next couple of years?
      I said. Do your homework and pick your poisen. Understand how this business works and keep your expectations in check of you will be sending out lots of negative tweets like ej.

Comment

I think this is the livestream that another poster mentioned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW26v_sS4EE

I watched the first 5 minutes of the game and this is what I saw:

Game starts at 8:02

8:08 - attempted kick and run past a midfielder, lost possession

9:19 - long ball, lost possession

10:23 - turned into pressure instead of passing to the open defender, lost possession

11:12 - touched into pressure instead of switching field to right defender, lost possession

11:27 - dribbles towards the midfielder, inviting unnecessary pressure, making the switch
        field late

11:45 - dribbles around a midfielder instead of passing back to the thrower, lost posession

12:20 - picks up the ball and drives towards 3 closing defenders instead of turning back out, lost posession

7 unnecessary mistakes in 5 minutes of play, 6 of which lost possession for the team that tried it.

Yes that was interspersed with some better play, but the overall standard of play should be better for a "national" selection game.

Comment

Not sure why you put College soccer in there. There are absolutely programs that do and are developing great, international level players. The problem is its starts too late in many cases.

The other issue is that some programs that win a lot most certainly are NOT doing it and yet no one has the guts to really call them out on it. In fact the opposite happens. They are revered for winning.

lastly, lets not ignore that fact that the US WNT has won consistently WITHOUT playing progressive soccer and the RoW shows no real sign of changing that narrative any time soon.
          Eddie Johnson should focus his energy on what he knows: a USMNT that is middle of the road, with middle-of-the-road players, that is light years away from the developmental level of top-ten international teams. The USWNT is already there, at the top.

So, instead of whining about girls playing soccer, he should focus on his own gender, dontchathink? What a nob.

That said, USWNT, most college, and high school use long-ball tactics. It's what they do. Lob the ball forward with no great precision so an athlete/track star can run onto it and push the ball in the direction of goal. There is no reason for any youth club to develop Manchester City style play because the teams their players go to pretty much only play long-ball.

Comment

What kind of Jack a** critiques kids playing soccer on an anonymous chat forum. Load up a video of your own players mistakes to critiques or go away.

Comment

I think this is the livestream that another poster mentioned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW26v_sS4EE

I watched the first 5 minutes of the game and this is what I saw:

Game starts at 8:02

8:08 - attempted kick and run past a midfielder, lost possession

9:19 - long ball, lost possession

10:23 - turned into pressure instead of passing to the open defender, lost possession

11:12 - touched into pressure instead of switching field to right defender, lost possession

11:27 - dribbles towards the midfielder, inviting unnecessary pressure, making the switch
              field late

11:45 - dribbles around a midfielder instead of passing back to the thrower, lost posession

12:20 - picks up the ball and drives towards 3 closing defenders instead of turning back out, lost posession

7 unnecessary mistakes in 5 minutes of play, 6 of which lost possession for the team that tried it.

Yes that was interspersed with some better play, but the overall standard of play should be better for a "national" selection game.
              8:08 - Attempting to impress a college coach, did you know there were hundreds there?

9:19 - Thought for sure my fast teammate was going to get there

10:23 - You just said 'defender' why would I pass to them?

11:12 - Again, you just said 'defender' why would I pass to them?

11:27 - Attempting to impress a college coach, did you know there were hundreds there?

11:45 - I wasn't dribbling I was trying to shoot from distance

12:20 - Attempting to impress a college coach, did you know there were hundreds there?

Like to see you do better in GDA.

Comment

You all need to leave these kids alone.

Comment

And so, your suggestion is? Like your realistic suggestion for families interested in maximizing talent and opportunities over the next couple of years?
                  I wasn't who you were asking but my suggestion is:

1) For US Soccer to care about development and implement policies that support growth and development over profits

2) Local grassroots organizations showing that there can be a different, successful approach

In the meantime everyone else can do 'you do you' and sign up for the "best" they can afford

Comment

How long did you play in the pros, both here and overseas? How many caps for the national team do you have? Did you train Pulisic and other pros? That’s the difference with EJ’s evaluation, he can base his view on having played in and watched 100x the games you’ve seen over the last 20 years. That’s what makes this thread so interesting. You are hearing an objective opinion from someone who knows what they are talking about and who doesn’t earn his dinner from club soccer unlike most TS posters.
                    It is possible that EJ has watched 100x the U14 girls games I have over the past 20 yearfs, 100x the girls' high school games I have, and 100x the girls' college games.

But, I bet his focus was the men's game, which, frankly, isn't so hot, so he should waste his and our time over there.

Comment

Eddie Johnson should focus his energy on what he knows: a USMNT that is middle of the road, with middle-of-the-road players, that is light years away from the developmental level of top-ten international teams. The USWNT is already there, at the top.

So, instead of whining about girls playing soccer, he should focus on his own gender, dontchathink? What a nob.

That said, USWNT, most college, and high school use long-ball tactics. It's what they do. Lob the ball forward with no great precision so an athlete/track star can run onto it and push the ball in the direction of goal. There is no reason for any youth club to develop Manchester City style play because the teams their players go to pretty much only play long-ball.
                      So, wait. An experienced man who is also a trainer cannot have an opinion? How many coaches are men vs. women?

Comment

What kind of Jack a** critiques kids playing soccer on an anonymous chat forum. Load up a video of your own players mistakes to critiques or go away.
                        Sorry snowflake, I didn't realize this was your safe space.

Comment

Sorry snowflake, I didn't realize this was your safe space.
                          Ok tough guy. Load up one your kids games. Let's take a look.

Comment

Ok tough guy. Load up one your kids games. Let's take a look.
                            Again the response is "they might be bad but I bet your kids/team/league is worse". Sad, really.

Comment

Again the response is "they might be bad but I bet your kids/team/league is worse". Sad, really.
                              What's wrong snowflake? You can dish it out but you can't take it?

Comment

Snowflake??? Where did you go? Where is the film to show these kids how it is done?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X