Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    But some coaches do "pigeonhole" players into defensive roles, and then discourage them from dribbling.

And pretty much all the DA coaches like to specialize--playing kids at the positions where they are most comfortable or the most developed, never switching it around (or only doing so in games that are well out of hand).
    This is very true. I know our coach rarely moves kids around, even when asked. But you have to win, even in DA, so you can post to Facebook/Instagram/Twitter good results.

Comment

So... Butthurt mommy of Nike club defender who was passed over, or troll pretending to be butthurt mommy of Nike club defender who was passed over?

Hard to tell sometimes.
      Best part of this is I was the op and my kid did make the list but I still think it’s full of chit. I can name severa kids I have seen okay that actually deserve to be on this list and are not for reasons I don’t know- coach conflicts? Positional or playing time and opponents at scouted games? Not actually sure but as a person who played college soccer, and feel like I get the game on a deeper level than just looking at who scores the goals,I am dumbfounded at what is happening and who us soccer is looking at as a whole. There are a couple kids on the list from my sons team that should not be there but I am not going to go there and say which team....

Comment

Who is on "the list", anyway?

My DS apparently isn't, which is fine by me, but without commenting on specific players-- who is?

Comment

Who is on "the list", anyway?

My DS apparently isn't, which is fine by me, but without commenting on specific players-- who is?
          Not going to throw anyone or any kids into the fire but here is the breakdown of how many and where they are from...- you can make your own judgements and guess who they are...

5 capital timbers
          4 opfc
          3 westside timbers
          3 wash timbers
          2 bend timbers
          1 Eugene timbers
          1 updx
          1 FC PDX

Comment

So 16 of the 20 are timbers affiliates, now I get the gist of the very first post on this thread...and can maybe name 2 capital , 1 westside, and 1 wash timbers (maybe 2 but he is just fast and not very skilled) and the rest seem reasonable. Not sure why ifc, 4h and or ADF don’t have any on the list if oysa Eugene and bend are involved???other than they are not associated with the timbers alliance!

Comment

So 16 of the 20 are timbers affiliates, now I get the gist of the very first post on this thread...and can maybe name 2 capital , 1 westside, and 1 wash timbers (maybe 2 but he is just fast and not very skilled) and the rest seem reasonable. Not sure why ifc, 4h and or ADF don’t have any on the list if oysa Eugene and bend are involved???other than they are not associated with the timbers alliance!
              14 sorry, basically 3/4 of the kids

Comment

Not going to throw anyone or any kids into the fire but here is the breakdown of how many and where they are from...- you can make your own judgements and guess who they are...

5 capital timbers
                4 opfc
                3 westside timbers
                3 wash timbers
                2 bend timbers
                1 Eugene timbers
                1 updx
                1 FC PDX
                Where can this list be seen?

Comment

Where can this list be seen?
                  Without counting defenders? I find it hard to think of 5 players from CFC, 4 from OPFC and 3 from Westside. I could see 3 from CFC, 2 from OPFC and 2 from Westside.

Comment

Without counting defenders? I find it hard to think of 5 players from CFC, 4 from OPFC and 3 from Westside. I could see 3 from CFC, 2 from OPFC and 2 from Westside.
                    Which ones?

Comment

Which ones?
                      Admit it, you just want to know the list!

Comment

Admit it, you just want to know the list!
                        Of course.
                        Is someone going to share the link, or do we need to guess?

Comment

Check each club's Instagram page. They list has been public for days.

Comment

Of course.
                            Guessing is always allowed on TS and fun! Offensive players, right? I will say the top 10 players from DA are on this list.

Comment

Of course.
                              https://twitter.com/WATimbersFC/stat...31831095701510
                              The list is here: https://twitter.com/WATimbersFC/stat...31831095701510

Comment

Guessing is always allowed on TS and fun! Offensive players, right? I will say the top 10 players from DA are on this list.
                                Maybe

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X