This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anthony Travel

Why does the USSF have to have this contract with Anthony Travel so we are hell bound to these inflated hotel prices for showcase events? I am curious if anyone else hates that we do not have the freedom to book hotels at our own discretion?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why does the USSF have to have this contract with Anthony Travel so we are hell bound to these inflated hotel prices for showcase events? I am curious if anyone else hates that we do not have the freedom to book hotels at our own discretion?
    I am surprised no one has ever challenged this. It's called a tying agreement (you must use this...) and it's an anti-trust violation. I am hopeful this is all part of the investigation going on now too with college admissions, lying about sports and the levels of corruption.

Comment

The team arranges the travel through Anthony, but the parents are on their own and don't need to go through Anthony from what we have been told.

So, we've always booked on our own. We couldn't do that with previous NPL-based tournaments for example.

Comment

its my understanding that the teams need to reserve a certain number of rooms in order to be in good standing with the league. I am not sure what kind of repercussions would come to a team that doesn't have said threshold. Our team doesn't allow us to book outside of Anthony Travel.

Comment

its my understanding that the teams need to reserve a certain number of rooms in order to be in good standing with the league. I am not sure what kind of repercussions would come to a team that doesn't have said threshold. Our team doesn't allow us to book outside of Anthony Travel.
          Stay-to-Play is common in ECNL and lots of tournaments. The leagues can make a fortune off of these rooms and many require that teams book a certain amount of rooms (I think it is usually about 12 or 13 rooms per team).

Comment

Anthony Travel

i always book my own rooms when traveling (except for the 1st time as i have learned my lesson)...F_CK these guys. more often than not you have to book your rooms months/weeks in advance....later you get the game schedule within the week of the trip and you find that your hotel is 45-60 from your playing fields...its all a sham...there is no such thing as "hotel soccer police"!!!!!

Comment

Stay-To-Play is terrible. The few times my daughters team went to one of these tournaments we didn't sign up until the last minute (while planning on attending all along) at which point they waived the requirement. They want to scam me, I'm going to scam them right back.

Comment

Anthony Travel

Stay-To-Play is terrible. The few times my daughters team went to one of these tournaments we didn't sign up until the last minute (while planning on attending all along) at which point they waived the requirement. They want to scam me, I'm going to scam them right back.

book your own accommodations...if anyone asks where you are staying....tell them you commuting and/or stayed with relatives..... They want to scam you, scam them right back.!!!!! this is all a sham.

Comment

I thought this was mandated by the DA. ECNL I don't know anything about.

Comment

Its an issue with most big tournaments and certainly isn't limited to soccer. The clubs have to commit to using the service to be included in the event. It's a total scam and it is amazing some state's attorney office hasn't cracked down on it. Some events only require a certain number of rooms booked (usually ten) so if you know most of your team is staying at the same hotel feel free to book elsewhere. I've even stayed with family, which can be a nice change of pace from stale hotel rooms. Fuk the system.

Comment

I thought this was mandated by the DA. ECNL I don't know anything about.

Players, yes. Families, no.

Comment

Its an issue with most big tournaments and certainly isn't limited to soccer. The clubs have to commit to using the service to be included in the event. It's a total scam and it is amazing some state's attorney office hasn't cracked down on it. Some events only require a certain number of rooms booked (usually ten) so if you know most of your team is staying at the same hotel feel free to book elsewhere. I've even stayed with family, which can be a nice change of pace from stale hotel rooms. Fuk the system.
                        You go Norma Rae!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Its all a scam and will only stop when clubs say no as a group.

Comment

Anthony Travel

clubs are in on it....will take the attorney general to put a stop to this.

Comment

Good luck with that. Clubs promise families certain tournaments. If they don't agree to the booking commitment they will be rejected. Try getting several hundred teams to cooperate as a group and say no. All it takes is a few defectors and the whole plot crumbles. In some cases the league mandates it so then what?

Comment

Working...
                              X