Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Polarizing...hmm that's an interesting word for him. I would use the word terrorizing. I know players who will not even step on a field when he is coaching a game against their current team
    I know a family who filmed him and his wife during their matches last year. I thought they were filming the game, but when I saw that the mother was only filming the coaches, I asked her why, and she said it was proof that they both were abusive to their players and coaches they coached against.

Comment

Well my daughter was offered a spot on one of the GDA teams, and we received the information packet on all that the club will offer. It does not list where the home field will be for nightly practices, but rather lists six different locations, some being parks and schools. We have been at a club where all teams train at the same facility each night, and I never have a worry about leaving my daughter at the fields while I drop her off and run errands. As an outsider, how is the safety of the area around their practice fields, and which location do they use for their nightly practices.

I know I can ask the club itself, but I also know they will tell me everything is great and safe

Comment

Well my daughter was offered a spot on one of the GDA teams, and we received the information packet on all that the club will offer. It does not list where the home field will be for nightly practices, but rather lists six different locations, some being parks and schools. We have been at a club where all teams train at the same facility each night, and I never have a worry about leaving my daughter at the fields while I drop her off and run errands. As an outsider, how is the safety of the area around their practice fields, and which location do they use for their nightly practices.

I know I can ask the club itself, but I also know they will tell me everything is great and safe
        Practice should mainly at Central Park in Morris Plains. Multiple teams practice there at the same time and lots of people around. Morris Plains is safe area. I don't think you have anything to worry about

Comment

Before signing in with any club l, I would make sure you are aware of the hidden costs and get answers to your questions in writing. I sent an email asking about their pricing and what it covers and I have yet to get a response. They only thing I know for sure that the tuition covers is the basic game Day Jerseys. It doesn’t say if it covers indoor costs, coaches travel fees, tournament fees etc

Comment

Before signing in with any club l, I would make sure you are aware of the hidden costs and get answers to your questions in writing. I sent an email asking about their pricing and what it covers and I have yet to get a response. They only thing I know for sure that the tuition covers is the basic game Day Jerseys. It doesn’t say if it covers indoor costs, coaches travel fees, tournament fees etc
            They were actually very transparent about all of that at the STA information night held a few weeks back. I have a younger daughter that isn't GDA age yet but I was there for the whole GDA overview section and they had slides that everyone was taking pictures of and they had no issues with that or with everyone asking follow up questions on each slide. They had separate slides (and accompanying Q&A) on Fees, travel, showcases, etc... From an outsider looking it and didn't seem like they were holding anything back and there were a number of questions people asked on each slide. Of course I don't have specifics or the slides as it wasn't relevant to me yet and my daughter, but my point is to just call Tim and have him walk you through it all.

Comment

They were actually very transparent about all of that at the STA information night held a few weeks back. I have a younger daughter that isn't GDA age yet but I was there for the whole GDA overview section and they had slides that everyone was taking pictures of and they had no issues with that or with everyone asking follow up questions on each slide. They had separate slides (and accompanying Q&A) on Fees, travel, showcases, etc... From an outsider looking it and didn't seem like they were holding anything back and there were a number of questions people asked on each slide. Of course I don't have specifics or the slides as it wasn't relevant to me yet and my daughter, but my point is to just call Tim and have him walk you through it all.
              Sent an email. No answer. Received the slideshow, but it does not breakdown the cost

Comment

STA going back in their promises already Shaun Cryer announces as Academy Director. We were told he would not be involved with the Academy.

Comment

STA going back in their promises already Shaun Cryer announces as Academy Director. We were told he would not be involved with the Academy.
                  Not sure the announcement says that but lets be quick to bash on this site rather than confirm the info. He was announced as filling the vacant Girls Director of Coaching opening. Perhaps its in the wording but I think he will have enough to do on the pre-Academy side.

If any club has integrity and keeps its word, its STA.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2457990]Not sure the announcement says that but lets be quick to bash on this site rather than confirm the info. He was announced as filling the vacant Girls Director of Coaching opening. Perhaps its in the wording but I think he will have enough to do on the pre-Academy side.

If any club has integrity and keeps its word, its STA.[/

Not giving a penny to that maniac

Comment

Have to agree. Disappointing because this guy is disliked by so many. I’m not sure how this helps their club but it is not the environment for my daughter obviously

Comment

Not sure the announcement says that but lets be quick to bash on this site rather than confirm the info. He was announced as filling the vacant Girls Director of Coaching opening. Perhaps its in the wording but I think he will have enough to do on the pre-Academy side.

If any club has integrity and keeps its word, its STA.
                        Sorry, I also have to agree with the OP, the Girls Director of Coaching has a huge impact on the recruiting process for all girls. After what I went through with him at Stallions with my older daughter, there is no way I'm doing that again. We will decline the offer as well

Comment

To each his/her own

I know I will get a lot of hater replies (and maybe some agreement) to this, but that's fine. Not liking the message doesn't make it wrong.

The reality is this and let's try and over simplify... at some point for everyone, soccer either becomes an elite sport or it does not. (and I don't mean "we think we are elite") And to define elite (in my terms at least) I mean: Are you an ID2 player, are you attending national team camps, are you a D1 player who can play somewhere like UNC, UVA, UCLA, etc...

I know you are rolling your eyes, but be objective for a minute and just simplify things and say you are either that or you are not..period. Most if not all of us are not and thats fine and all good. Does that mean we should stop playing soccer? No way and that is why there is something for everyone. And Shaun Cryer is not for everyone, and why is that? Well it is because he is an elite coach. (here comes more eye rolling and haters) But your feelings on Shaun aside, imagine it isn't Cryer and it's another elite coach (like who everyone would say is elite) Do you really think they are the nicest people, that need to do care and feeding around everyone's emotions and personality traits? Yes, ok, part of being an elite coach and player is caring for players and getting the most out of them mentally, but simplify it again a bit -- Elite coaches train elite players and elite players are mentally different than those who are not. Argue that all you want, but the elite players need different things and are not going to be phased by someone telling them they have a terrible touch or the pass was 3 feet too far. The elite player will say to themselves, "shut up Shaun I hate you for saying that, but I'm going to make my touch and pass better so you shut up and teach me the next thing" They aren't going to be upset over it the next day and cry to mommy and daddy.

Sorry folks..hard to hear but let's be objective. Who really cares if our daughters are or are not elite?? I mean really! We are blessed they are playing this wonderful sport, and if they so happen to be the diamond in the rough who is, we are not going to will our ways to them being that or not being that. Ok we can argue that someone like Shaun destroying a 9 year olds mental state could stop them from becoming elite...I get that, but the reality is that what he wants is the elite players and what elite players will want is someone like him.

It is ok if you, me, we move on and find something else...but realize that if we divide the world into two lines and say, "elite or not elite", the elite line is not only very short, most of us don't even know where the line is and that's fine.

Ok go ahead now and hate as it makes the thread more fun anyway

Comment

I know I will get a lot of hater replies (and maybe some agreement) to this, but that's fine. Not liking the message doesn't make it wrong.

The reality is this and let's try and over simplify... at some point for everyone, soccer either becomes an elite sport or it does not. (and I don't mean "we think we are elite") And to define elite (in my terms at least) I mean: Are you an ID2 player, are you attending national team camps, are you a D1 player who can play somewhere like UNC, UVA, UCLA, etc...

I know you are rolling your eyes, but be objective for a minute and just simplify things and say you are either that or you are not..period. Most if not all of us are not and thats fine and all good. Does that mean we should stop playing soccer? No way and that is why there is something for everyone. And Shaun Cryer is not for everyone, and why is that? Well it is because he is an elite coach. (here comes more eye rolling and haters) But your feelings on Shaun aside, imagine it isn't Cryer and it's another elite coach (like who everyone would say is elite) Do you really think they are the nicest people, that need to do care and feeding around everyone's emotions and personality traits? Yes, ok, part of being an elite coach and player is caring for players and getting the most out of them mentally, but simplify it again a bit -- Elite coaches train elite players and elite players are mentally different than those who are not. Argue that all you want, but the elite players need different things and are not going to be phased by someone telling them they have a terrible touch or the pass was 3 feet too far. The elite player will say to themselves, "shut up Shaun I hate you for saying that, but I'm going to make my touch and pass better so you shut up and teach me the next thing" They aren't going to be upset over it the next day and cry to mommy and daddy.

Sorry folks..hard to hear but let's be objective. Who really cares if our daughters are or are not elite?? I mean really! We are blessed they are playing this wonderful sport, and if they so happen to be the diamond in the rough who is, we are not going to will our ways to them being that or not being that. Ok we can argue that someone like Shaun destroying a 9 year olds mental state could stop them from becoming elite...I get that, but the reality is that what he wants is the elite players and what elite players will want is someone like him.

It is ok if you, me, we move on and find something else...but realize that if we divide the world into two lines and say, "elite or not elite", the elite line is not only very short, most of us don't even know where the line is and that's fine.

You obviously have not had a child go through the recruiting process with Shaun, have you? I have. My daughter played on the infamous Dynamite team he loves to brag about. The team was very talented no doubt, but the turmoil was scary and Shaun caused most of it. He threatened players constantly and made calls to college coaches telling them lies if a player threatened to leave his team. One of my daughters teammates went to an ECNL team and her parents begged the club not to publish her picture on the ECNL website until she was able to call her future college coach and prepare her for the call Shaun would make, and of course he did make that call. We made the mistake thinking you had to have a coach like Shaun to make it to a D1 school with our oldest daughter So not true. And before you say that he got her into a D1 school right? The answer is no, she got herself into that school with her grades

Comment

Where Is the "LIKE" button. Well said. Even though I know Cryer is a nut and not sure if my D will be able to handle him, I think he is exactly what she needs to get to the next level.

Comment

Where Is the "LIKE" button. Well said. Even though I know Cryer is a nut and not sure if my D will be able to handle him, I think he is exactly what she needs to get to the next level.
                                Thank you Mrs Cryer. Nothing like dating your coach

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X