Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calculating scholarships

If a D1 school women’s soccer program is fully funded, what dollar amount is included in the 14 scholarships. Example- is the budget 14 full-rides calculating full COA? Or is it just tuition r and b?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If a D1 school women’s soccer program is fully funded, what dollar amount is included in the 14 scholarships. Example- is the budget 14 full-rides calculating full COA? Or is it just tuition r and b?
    A full scholarship is tuition, room board, fees etc. Schools are also allowed to give students a COA stipend. This amount is different at every school but it's an amount the school calculates . Most range from $1000-5000. A partial scholarship is X percent of those items, or.just a specific dollar amount.

Comment

Does anyone know how to find out if a program is fully funded?

Comment

Don’t worry, you’ll spend more on club soccer than you’ll receive in scholarships.

Comment

Does anyone know how to find out if a program is fully funded?
          Worry more about academic and soccer fit. If you target right the odds of getting good money rises, regardless of funding

Comment

Worry more about academic and soccer fit. If you target right the odds of getting good money rises, regardless of funding

Op never asked about targeting, academic or soccer fit, or odds of getting good money.

Comment

Op never asked about targeting, academic or soccer fit, or odds of getting good money.
              Then why ask about full funding? That smacks of trying to improve the odds targeting fully funded schools. If a coach really wants your players they'll find a way to make it work.

different poster

Comment

There are very few "fully funded" players in Massachusetts.

Comment

OP asked simple question and I am interested as.well.
                  is the definition of Fully Funded in US NCAA womens soccer defined by both Qty 14 X Full COA?. Does NCAA prohibit more than 14 or is that a rule of thumb?
                  Is it actually full COA, which could include travel or limited to direct fees: Tuition, R&B, fees, books?

I already know that NO ONE gets a full ride and that coaches split all the pieces and spread them around. I also know that targeting a notch below a player's athletic and academic level gets them their best deal - that just makes sense.

The question is solely focused on inventory. Wbat is a fully funded program working with?

Comment

I'd poke around the internet and find the multitude of sites that go through scholarships details rather than trust posts by TS users.

Comment

OP asked simple question and I am interested as.well.
                      is the definition of Fully Funded in US NCAA womens soccer defined by both Qty 14 X Full COA?. Does NCAA prohibit more than 14 or is that a rule of thumb?
                      Is it actually full COA, which could include travel or limited to direct fees: Tuition, R&B, fees, books?

I already know that NO ONE gets a full ride and that coaches split all the pieces and spread them around. I also know that targeting a notch below a player's athletic and academic level gets them their best deal - that just makes sense.

The question is solely focused on inventory. Wbat is a fully funded program working with?
                      Since you have no way of knowing how the pie is already split up, why would you care?

Comment

If you are just looking for an “inventory” of soccer scholarships offered, this article will give you a fair idea.
                        https://www.ncsasports.org/mens-soccer/scholarships

Talking about scholarships is like talking about income taxes, everyone’s situation is different. I agree with other poster that it’s a waste to come on TS and ask because you’ll get a bunch of different responses and they will all be “right” because they are telling you what they got.

We went thru this with our D who is paying D1 and here’s my advice:

1) a scholarship offer is just like a job offer; negotiate between schools and with the coach/aid office for the best deal. Don’t just take the first offer.

2) don’t expect that scholarships will really cover all your costs. Full ride is a total fairy tale. Beyond tuition, room and board there are a ton of extracurricular costs that add on to the total. Expect to pay at least $5-10k more than you planned on annually.

3) your scholarship is offered annually, not all 4 years. Maybe first year is 75% of the cost if you are lucky, but Year 2 is 50%, Year 3 is 50% and Year 4 is 30% (remember no incentive to offer seniors more when they won’t be back next year). There are no guarantees.

Good luck!

Comment

If you are just looking for an “inventory” of soccer scholarships offered, this article will give you a fair idea.
                          https://www.ncsasports.org/mens-soccer/scholarships

Talking about scholarships is like talking about income taxes, everyone’s situation is different. I agree with other poster that it’s a waste to come on TS and ask because you’ll get a bunch of different responses and they will all be “right” because they are telling you what they got.

We went thru this with our D who is paying D1 and here’s my advice:

1) a scholarship offer is just like a job offer; negotiate between schools and with the coach/aid office for the best deal. Don’t just take the first offer.

2) don’t expect that scholarships will really cover all your costs. Full ride is a total fairy tale. Beyond tuition, room and board there are a ton of extracurricular costs that add on to the total. Expect to pay at least $5-10k more than you planned on annually.

3) your scholarship is offered annually, not all 4 years. Maybe first year is 75% of the cost if you are lucky, but Year 2 is 50%, Year 3 is 50% and Year 4 is 30% (remember no incentive to offer seniors more when they won’t be back next year). There are no guarantees.

Good luck!
                          Re:#3 —— Is this common for $$ to decrease each year? Was always under the impression you might get the least freshman year and get more the following years if your contribution is impactful.

Comment

Re:#3 —— Is this common for $$ to decrease each year? Was always under the impression you might get the least freshman year and get more the following years if your contribution is impactful.
                            Coach's job is try to save more $$$ for the freshman so they can more attractive for recruiting. After freshmen year, coaches have more leverage since you have less choices. They know you will probably won't leave even if you get less $$$.

Comment

Coach's job is try to save more $$$ for the freshman so they can more attractive for recruiting. After freshmen year, coaches have more leverage since you have less choices. They know you will probably won't leave even if you get less $$$.
                              My d’s school keeps scholarships equal or better through all 4 years.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X