Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It just doesn't set a good precedent. Don't get me wrong, my kid is in a winter session and he loves it. Constant non-stop action and one main idea taught at each class. It really works for him and he has improved a lot since he started.

My fear, as stated above is the precedent set. If clubs start to do this as well then if you are going to try out in June at 2 or 3 or 4 clubs and the all charge $30 it can start to add up. Sometimes you want to go tryout to see what the club is like. I don't want to pay for that and in the long run it would hurt the club that does it like it hurts COE to an extent.

So one place doing it when no one else does is not a big deal. If everyone starts to copy, then it is a big deal this is why I speak out against it.
    Clubs won't start to charge for tryouts. There's just too much competition out there (unless they all price collude lol).

Comment

My boys have enjoyed and benefited from John's NCE program. He provides great training, in a positive, supportive environment. And in the end, the market will determine whether he stays in business or not (I, for one, hope he does!). Also note, John is a great guy who sincerely enjoys and is driven in developing young players, and his coaches follow his tone-from-the-top.

I think the bigger issue is why ODP (especially for boys) is such a total disaster in this state. Our kids suffer from not having a strong ODP, and this is an issue that should be addressed. CJSA should be catching hell for allowing this to deteriorate.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X