Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concordia

Concordia's Women Program is always ranked well in Division 2. Why do so many people slam this program on this forum? My daughter is considering this as a possible school to attend and play for. We are out of state but plan on visiting Oregon and Washington schools over Spring Break. Can anyone speak of positive aspects of this program, the coaches, and the culture?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Concordia's Women Program is always ranked well in Division 2. Why do so many people slam this program on this forum? My daughter is considering this as a possible school to attend and play for. We are out of state but plan on visiting Oregon and Washington schools over Spring Break. Can anyone speak of positive aspects of this program, the coaches, and the culture?
    Concordia has a good nursing and early childhood education programs. Also seem to have a solid business program. Campus is getting nicer and nicer; both the stadium and library are lovely. Portland Public Schools just rebuilt the elementary school immediately to the east, so a very new feel all around.

It is in an urban location and historically, the Concordia neighborhood has been rough. However, along with everything inside of 82nd, the neighborhood has gentrified a great deal in recent years and you now see new skinny houses sell in the 700k-800k range around the corner from the university.

Think living in Portland - if they can afford it - would be awesome for a college student.

Also, not sure there is any particular dislike of Concordia on this forum - just a general trend to rain on anyone's parade.

Comment

I think Concordia is a fantastic school. So many parents early in their soccer player's career knock any D2 school thinking of course their kid is heading to a top D1 school. One of the assistant coaches is an Oregon ECNL coach (he's great!!) and our state has so much of the local clubs vs ECNL vs GDA going on, anyone from of those other two is going to take a stab at an ECNL coach when given a chance. It's all so petty.
      I think your daughter would be happy there and there is so much about Portland to love!

Comment

Concordia is an excellent school and had a great season last year. This year's recruiting class looks strong and includes at least one player who turned down a full D1 ride to stay close to home. They will be making a run in the tournament the next several years.

I've not heard a chorus of negativity about Concordia, other than the usual "if your kid isn't getting a full ride at a power conference D1 program she's a failure" haters.

Comment

If you’re looking at Concordia, make sure to check out SPU and Western Washington University. All three schools provide a great college and soccer experience.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X