X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    nice haiku
    I think that was Anna Matta Piea .... I knew her brother Sal.

Comment

West coast parent here: That's bullsheet. Playtime is expressing what
      you learned during training and practice. No playtime = no development.
      25% starts is bullsheet also. Start versus a creampuff team and subbed out quickly.

DD was on a top level club with turn DA, which we moved to ECNL.
      ODP level full minutes starter. High school soccer and focus on college.
      We were spot on about DA. If your dd has the skills, wherever you go,
      there you are.

Rosters over 18 mean trouble. 19+ do not get to suit up.
      Awful, awful, awful situation. Drama, toxicity, and anger.
      Club wants the parents to claw each other eyes out, not
      yell at the club for being such assh00les.
      15-18 players have it hard enough, but 26?
      Cones for the starters on your time and dime.
      In DA 18 can be rostered for the games but only 16 get to play. That's 8 per game not seeing the field. Sometimes you can't know in advancer because when the season starts out the roster is a reasonable size but then the club keeps adding players.

Comment

In DA 18 can be rostered for the games but only 16 get to play. That's 8 per game not seeing the field. Sometimes you can't know in advancer because when the season starts out the roster is a reasonable size but then the club keeps adding players.
        That definitely happens and if you are player 7-11, you might want to consider going elsewhere after 1 year of that. If you are player 12-16, you should DEFINITELY go elsewhere and if you are player 17+, you should just burn the money and quit the sport as you are delusional and paying for nothing. Any kid that rots on a roster of 16 after player 11 for more than 1 year really doesn't have it (the skills, the chops, the moxxy, the grit, whatever ....) ... they cant sit there and take it and be considered a contender for anything ... what does that teach your kid? Be content? Get into the top 11 or get moving on.

Comment

Roster Sizes

That definitely happens and if you are player 7-11, you might want to consider going elsewhere after 1 year of that. If you are player 12-16, you should DEFINITELY go elsewhere and if you are player 17+, you should just burn the money and quit the sport as you are delusional and paying for nothing. Any kid that rots on a roster of 16 after player 11 for more than 1 year really doesn't have it (the skills, the chops, the moxxy, the grit, whatever ....) ... they cant sit there and take it and be considered a contender for anything ... what does that teach your kid? Be content? Get into the top 11 or get moving on.

I don't agree at all as credible clubs/teams do not work like that....as a player you are fighting for a position not your rank as player on the team. If you are a defender and a team has many defenders on it already. It may be hard to find a starting position. Same for a striker, L or R mid fielder, ect. Any credible club/team will not put a natural defender as a striker..

Comment

I don't agree at all as credible clubs/teams do not work like that....as a player you are fighting for a position not your rank as player on the team. If you are a defender and a team has many defenders on it already. It may be hard to find a starting position. Same for a striker, L or R mid fielder, ect. Any credible club/team will not put a natural defender as a striker..
            Give it a shot for a year, I am all for it. Then, if you don't make it, it becomes harder to when roles become even more cemented. Kids accept their roles as 2nd class utility players and it gets really hard to break out from many coaches who see the same for that kid and often see their top players and starters in other lights. Often, not fair or well-deserved, but sometimes a change of scenery and new to the pecking order is a good thing to try to claw way back up the totem pole. Not succeeding should not be met with complacency IMHO ... kids should learn to dislike it and work differently than their norm to overcome it and get to where they want to.

Comment

It's true anywhere really - if you're not a starter for first sub off the bench you have to seriously consider other options. Great training is one thing, but you need good (not full) PT to practice what you're learning. Anyone #14 or higher is probably better served somewhere else, but even more so with DA because of the sub rules

Comment

Roster Sizes

Give it a shot for a year, I am all for it. Then, if you don't make it, it becomes harder to when roles become even more cemented. Kids accept their roles as 2nd class utility players and it gets really hard to break out from many coaches who see the same for that kid and often see their top players and starters in other lights. Often, not fair or well-deserved, but sometimes a change of scenery and new to the pecking order is a good thing to try to claw way back up the totem pole. Not succeeding should not be met with complacency IMHO ... kids should learn to dislike it and work differently than their norm to overcome it and get to where they want to.

I think Its just like getting and/or asking for more money at your job....you are more likely to get a raise by going to a new company. Why would your boss pay you a lot more money tomorrow for the same work you did yesterday?

Comment

I think Its just like getting and/or asking for more money at your job....you are more likely to get a raise by going to a new company. Why would your boss pay you a lot more money tomorrow for the same work you did yesterday?
                  That is a very good analogy. I always thought workers should not get offended when they view their value in the workplace differently than their boss does; rather they should test the waters and see who is right? Players should probably think the same way when they get "stuck". Either way, you will get a better sense of your value and may become more content or figure out that you need to start working to pick up more valuable skills. I did it once about 5 or 6 years into my first job after college. I got a 50% raise. My current boss was floored when I told him that I was leaving and offered to match it .... when i told him what my new salary was, he said he would never be able to justify it to his bosses (he then tried and they couldn't). I saw that boss a couple of years later and he offered me a job back and I accepted a lateral move back at my current salary. His bosses had a fit and it went up to the CIO who said he couldn't justify it and they countered. I said forget it, i am good ... go hire a consultant for more money and train them. I can start working right now. The salary was accepted and I began working immediately after the coffee and bagels on the morning that I returned. It was quite funny.

Comment

Seems a bit of a scam taking more than 20 kids on a roster. They are kids and need to play.

Comment

Roster Sizes

Seems a bit of a scam taking more than 20 kids on a roster. They are kids and need to play.
                      agreed

Comment

agreed
                        Definitely a scam. More players aren’t helping anyone but the clubs pockets. They keep adding and keep making more. Never been about the development to these toolbags

Comment

Definitely a scam. More players aren’t helping anyone but the clubs pockets. They keep adding and keep making more. Never been about the development to these toolbags
                          totally agree. how do they sleep at night? So unethical.

Comment

Roster Sizes

totally agree. how do they sleep at night? So unethical.

Hey guys...we all know (and have known) this is all a business (its not a surprise).

How do you sleep at night feeling like a total dumb_ass for believing all the bs when you know better?

Comment

Hey guys...we all know (and have known) this is all a business (its not a surprise).

How do you sleep at night feeling like a total dumb_ass for believing all the bs when you know better?
                              Sadly there are lots of people that do not know better and put their kids into a bad situation because of the fear of missing out. Many of these kids are not really needed when roster is already full. Not every kid is playing D1 soccer or going onto the national team but if you ask the majority of parents they will tell you otherwise. They are sold a pile of dogs*it and because they like hearing great things about their kid they jump in without a second thought.

Comment

Sadly there are lots of people that do not know better and put their kids into a bad situation because of the fear of missing out. Many of these kids are not really needed when roster is already full. Not every kid is playing D1 soccer or going onto the national team but if you ask the majority of parents they will tell you otherwise. They are sold a pile of dogs*it and because they like hearing great things about their kid they jump in without a second thought.
                                You can't always know what's going to happen. Your example may be true with some people but sometimes the clubs are to blame. I have seen it happen where a parent does their due diligence, finds a good fit for their kid and it still ends up being a bad situation. There is only so much you can know ahead of time.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X