Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reign FC moving to Tacoma. What happens to Reign Academy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another club leaving, this time in SoCal. http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague....019-20-season/

If the next rumor about SoCal Blues leaving is actually true, that would be a huge blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Another club leaving, this time in SoCal. http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague....019-20-season/

If the next rumor about SoCal Blues leaving is actually true, that would be a huge blow.
      How is this a huge blow to the GDA? The Eagles are not a competitive team in the So Cal market. I believe they are ranked 12th/U15, 13th/U16/17, and 9th/U18/19. Stop trying to spread fear, if the GDA isn’t for you ... guess what? You can go elsewhere.

Comment

How is this a huge blow to the GDA? The Eagles are not a competitive team in the So Cal market. I believe they are ranked 12th/U15, 13th/U16/17, and 9th/U18/19. Stop trying to spread fear, if the GDA isn’t for you ... guess what? You can go elsewhere.
        SoCal Blue is rumored to be leaving next. That would be the huge blow.

Comment

Not a huge blow, but average results in arguably GDA's strongest conference isn't horrible. It's a paper cut, but the patient is already in ICU.

Comment

Not a huge blow, but average results in arguably GDA's strongest conference isn't horrible. It's a paper cut, but the patient is already in ICU.
            I think of Blues as one of the great socal girls' clubs. The split between ECNL/GDA makes them look more average (arguably as was the case with Xfire); I wonder if they go all-in in part to restore some former glory.

Comment

I think of Blues as one of the great socal girls' clubs. The split between ECNL/GDA makes them look more average (arguably as was the case with Xfire); I wonder if they go all-in in part to restore some former glory.
              SoCal doesn't dominate GDA because Blues already has their their top teams in the older age groups playing in ECNL. They have 6 national team players in the 2001 and 2002 birth years playing in ECNL. Their 2002 and 2001 teams won the ECNL national championship last year. Those were the best teams in the country in their age group last year, regardless of the league.

Comment

Only fear I sense is from you, big papa. Kind of scary knowing all the stats
                from another state. Unemployed or is your wife the bread winner?

All that traveling, missing school, and the hs experience. Yes, I am afraid.
                Oh yeah, the Reign will be #1 in all age groups next year for
                Washington with one team. Awesome.

Comment

Eagles and SCB were only ever part way out of ecnl, hedging their bets in case GDA quickly became dominant (which it obviously didn’t). Surf, Real So Cal, Beach and Legends are the next clubs that could be tipping points, along with the big Dallas clubs and Tophat. I still think GDA has at least a year to get its act together.

Comment

Clearly you aren’t a GDA parent or you would know that it takes two clicks to see the standings for the entire DA. In fact, in comparison it takes quite a bit more time to navigate this talking-soccer forum. Hmmmm.

Comment

That depends. A kid on a team averaging 25% pt on the best team around might be in the best training and development opportunity for them, and might prefer battling for playing time on a team like that in training every day to being a bigger fish in a smaller pond. Some of the kids who don’t get as much playing time in younger ages end up being amongst the stronger players in older age groups. Sometimes perseverance and hard work is ultimately rewarded. Yanking a kid from a team solely because they are getting less than 40% pt in any given month or year seems short sighted and doesn’t necessarily teach the best life lessons.
                      Yes you are right . If the team was made from non paying players . The minute it becomes pay to play you should not be putting up with that . You are playing for the best ‘pay to play ‘ team around , if you ain’t playing you shouldn’t be paying ! The whole concept of pay to play has already taken away the reward of playing because you are the best around , you are playing simply because you are paying .

Comment

Reign fc moving to Tacoma

Your logic doesn't make sense to me. If you pull your player off for not getting more than 40% playing time, and put them on a team that you don't have to pay to be on, then what has your player gained. They have now learned that if they aren't getting the playing time, they should quit and move to an easier team where they can play 100% of the time, but not be as challenged. If they had stayed on that team, been surrounded by strong players, put in extra work on their own time, they would hopefully be rewarded for more playing time as they improve.

Comment

If you are not playing you can never improve . No matter how many cones you run around . If your kid is playing less ten 40% of the game on average you should be pulling them and putting them in a team where they will be getting game time . How could anyone pay to play and then not play ? That would be super weird .
                          This is it exactly. The quality of the training is not more important than the opportunity to learn in the pressure of a game situation. No one is guaranteed playing time, but it's also true that coaches can sometimes develop a fixed mindset about players, maintain favorites etc. If that's happening in an environment like Reign DA, with it's restrictive sub rules etc then players will not improve, full stop.

Comment

Your logic doesn't make sense to me. If you pull your player off for not getting more than 40% playing time, and put them on a team that you don't have to pay to be on, then what has your player gained. They have now learned that if they aren't getting the playing time, they should quit and move to an easier team where they can play 100% of the time, but not be as challenged. If they had stayed on that team, been surrounded by strong players, put in extra work on their own time, they would hopefully be rewarded for more playing time as they improve.
                            Laff. Ok, if you are not appreciated at work, do you work harder and hopefully
                            the powers that be see the errors of their ways, then they promote you?

Or, do you find another job that really want you there and you work even
                            harder to prove yourself that you belong there? Moving to another job
                            doesn't mean it is easier, but maybe you need to find a better fit for you.
                            Your job as a parent is to find the best fit for your kid where they will
                            flourish and love the game. Beating them down to conform to the whims
                            of coach? Laff. Ok, paying for your kid to be abused. God bless you.

Comment

Laff. Ok, if you are not appreciated at work, do you work harder and hopefully
                              the powers that be see the errors of their ways, then they promote you?

Or, do you find another job that really want you there and you work even
                              harder to prove yourself that you belong there? Moving to another job
                              doesn't mean it is easier, but maybe you need to find a better fit for you.
                              Your job as a parent is to find the best fit for your kid where they will
                              flourish and love the game. Beating them down to conform to the whims
                              of coach? Laff. Ok, paying for your kid to be abused. God bless you.
                              “Abuse”?
                              Only in the warped world of upper crust athletics could someone possibly correlate perceived lack of playing time on the soccer field with child abuse!
                              What a sad commentary and poor reflection of the author.
                              Reign is a unique training opportunity. For most, the results are tangible and for some, it’s a reality check for the player (and possibly for delusional parents).
                              There are other clubs in town and hopefully the author of the post above has found a good fit for their kid.
                              Competitive sports at the highest levels inevitably leads to some who thrive and others who do not. Scorned parents leaving emotional anonymous posts on social media doesn’t change this.
                              If you want a less competitive environment, go somewhere else. If your player is looking for a challenge and an incredible opportunity to train with some of the best coaches and with some of the best players, give Reign a try!

Comment

After watching a comparison this weekend between both leagues, there is a very clear difference. DA has superior players/athletes at most positions without question. The ECNL is the best of remaining. This also includes the coaches as well as they struggled to provide direction to their teams.

As you read the thread and anticipating next year, the players who are ECNL (really B/C players) there will be multiple threads about how bad things are for their D/D, that the clubs don't know what is going on, and how things are screwed up. Bottom line, there is always players better and they are in a higher league.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X