The girls 2007 thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CFC lets kids play up. There are a few right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Not so sure about that in United. Maybe the branch programs.

Comment

No they don’t! No they haven’t
        Academy kids play together in different aha groups, but not 1 kid plays up.

Comment

Not so sure about that in United. Maybe the branch programs.
          Or ECNL II

Comment

Not in United

Comment

Very few clubs have play-ups past middle school. By HS size differences have begun to flatten out so physical advantages disappear. Few players should be playing up, but of course parents all think they should be - even worse if they've been allowed to in the past. I've seen families walk when they were told their precious Emily now had to play age appropriate. Playing up can also cause all kinds of headaches for clubs so they avoid it unless it's crystal clear that is an appropriate move.

Comment

Very few clubs have play-ups past middle school. By HS size differences have begun to flatten out so physical advantages disappear. Few players should be playing up, but of course parents all think they should be - even worse if they've been allowed to in the past. I've seen families walk when they were told their precious Emily now had to play age appropriate. Playing up can also cause all kinds of headaches for clubs so they avoid it unless it's crystal clear that is an appropriate move.
                How exactly does the club determine if "it's crystal clear that it is an appropriate move"?

Comment

How exactly does the club determine if "it's crystal clear that it is an appropriate move"?
                  Every other post says that their only good because they’re bigger than everyone. So I guess they should be playing up.

Comment

Every other post says that their only good because they’re bigger than everyone. So I guess they should be playing up.
                    So because I weigh more or I’m taller I should automatically play up? Whaaaat?!

Comment

Let's see. CFC has players headed to Georgetown, Michigan and Ohio State, none of these kids ever played up.

Guarantee these kids will have to work at age appropriate in the ECNL. Playing PDA, World Class and Penn Fusion in the fall isn't the same as Cedar Stars, Seacoast and Yankee.

ECNL clubs hardly ever play kids up, its not just needed. Once you hit U15, there's no benefit to say playing on a U16 team

Even CFC challenges their best young players by having them play in the academy program with and against older peers in a training environment.

Comment

So because I weigh more or I’m taller I should automatically play up? Whaaaat?!
                        That’s my point! Are they good because their good or is it because they are bigger than everyone. Many posts over and over talk about their size.

Comment

That’s my point! Are they good because their good or is it because they are bigger than everyone. Many posts over and over talk about their size.
                          They are top quality players (strong technical ability and high soccer IQ)....would help most teams at 2006 or 2007 level.

Comment

Must be first or second player on the team sheet every week.

Comment

They are top quality players (strong technical ability and high soccer IQ)....would help most teams at 2006 or 2007 level.
                              thanks Dad !

Comment

Must be first or second player on the team sheet every week.
                                "If you're good enough, you're old enough" Sir Matt Busby, Manchester United

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X