Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I wish our town had dedicated volunteers like yours. Unfortunately our town program has steadily decreased in participation numbers and many families very discouraged. Our town has a rich soccer history with many state titles and programs that were filled to the gills. The program today is hardly recognizable. Yes, players leave for Premier but the Premier programs are not dragging players by the hair. Parents and players frustrated by poor leadership, weak coaching and know discernible plan for improvement.
    To your point about joining premier, I think our club does it to themselves. They have large rosters that are often not competitive because of roster size and continued poor coaching and skills development (and the political baloney really rubs people the wrong way). As a result, stronger players pretty much have to leave to find a more suitable level. If our club wanted to fix itself, they should find or hire better coaches and put out smaller teams. I really believe that kids would not flee so quickly, if clubs tried hard to put out a better product. As I said before, teams of board members do as they pleased in our club and lost far fewer kids, but those teams were never encumbered with the rules everyone else had to deal with.

Comment

Winning 6 nil means nothing. It just means there's a few kids who need to move on to premeire or the competition is weak. Travel has fallen to the point that most teams have mixed ages playing just to field teams. I'd either play that team up a year or play in a higher division. There's always better competition. Ask for scrimmages against local premeire clubs and see where you fit in.
      Wining 6-0 means something, it means you need to find a more competive league. Playing up a year was not an option because it would have put 13 year olds against 18 year olds . Our district combines U-13/14 and then in the Spring all HS aged players are lumped together.

There was no higher travel division available .

Before going premier, the travel coach did exactly what you suggested. The team played some friendlies against premier teams to ensure we would be competitive and we were.

Comment

What does CJSA get out of partnering with EDP? I assume the money goes to EDP.

Comment

What does CJSA get out of partnering with EDP? I assume the money goes to EDP.
          They are desperate. It's this or no numbers.

Comment

To your point about joining premier, I think our club does it to themselves. They have large rosters that are often not competitive because of roster size and continued poor coaching and skills development (and the political baloney really rubs people the wrong way). As a result, stronger players pretty much have to leave to find a more suitable level. If our club wanted to fix itself, they should find or hire better coaches and put out smaller teams. I really believe that kids would not flee so quickly, if clubs tried hard to put out a better product. As I said before, teams of board members do as they pleased in our club and lost far fewer kids, but those teams were never encumbered with the rules everyone else had to deal with.
            The other problem with a lot of travel teams is that players/families treat it like any other activity and not a priority. Missed practices all the time, even missed games because the kid has a LAX game that day. That's fine if programs want to just provide basic soccer for multisport athletes. But as you said for kids who want something more serious with more dedicated players they have to leave. I'm not sure travel can ever provide what a more serious player wants because most travel players don't want something more serious.

Comment

They are desperate. It's this or no numbers.
              Unless I'm missing something they don't have any numbers at all now. In the fall they had one girls U13/14 bracket with 5 teams. No other brackets. None. They're all in CCSL. Being CJSA of course they have no spring information up yet. That could be because they've always been behind the 8 ball, or they just don't have any teams.

I don't see this bringing CJSA anything other than a credible logo on their website. They still offer a shi te product. It certainly doesn't bring EDP anything. A lot of the clubs and teams in CCSL don't want multi state competition. They have what they want in CCSL.

Comment

Unless I'm missing something they don't have any numbers at all now. In the fall they had one girls U13/14 bracket with 5 teams. No other brackets. None. They're all in CCSL. Being CJSA of course they have no spring information up yet. That could be because they've always been behind the 8 ball, or they just don't have any teams.

I don't see this bringing CJSA anything other than a credible logo on their website. They still offer a shi te product. It certainly doesn't bring EDP anything. A lot of the clubs and teams in CCSL don't want multi state competition. They have what they want in CCSL.
                You are pretty far off base. I was very surprised at how quickly CCSL took over from CJSA. It was incredible. I am more blown away how quickly clubs are leaving CCSL just to return to the CJSA - now with a partner called EDP. The two biggest complaints are cost o CCSL and they are letting everyone in. Lot of clubs want an exclusive league with a closed membership.

Comment

You are pretty far off base. I was very surprised at how quickly CCSL took over from CJSA. It was incredible. I am more blown away how quickly clubs are leaving CCSL just to return to the CJSA - now with a partner called EDP. The two biggest complaints are cost o CCSL and they are letting everyone in. Lot of clubs want an exclusive league with a closed membership.
                  Since CJSA hasn't published anything for the spring yet you can't blame anyone for being dubious of your claims.

Comment

They aren't leaving for the spring, that's for sure. These CCSL lineups are full https://www.ccsoccerleague.com/html/...ON=SPRING+2019

Comment

They aren't leaving for the spring, that's for sure. These CCSL lineups are full https://www.ccsoccerleague.com/html/...ON=SPRING+2019
                      Looks like a great league. Good spread of teams and clubs.

Ideal for 95% of the players in CT

Comment

Looks like a great league. Good spread of teams and clubs.

Ideal for 95% of the players in CT
                        it was even better about 2 years ago before the townies found it. I'm afraid it'll now become CJSA v.2 because it's the random town popups now.

Comment

it was even better about 2 years ago before the townies found it. I'm afraid it'll now become CJSA v.2 because it's the random town popups now.
                          They have promotion and relegation. As the teams get in more games/history it will sort itself out. CJSA, back in the day, had promotion.relegation as well. Some teams also self select out.

Comment

Is there still a state championship cup ?

Comment

Ccsl good for travel teams and low level premeire clubs

Comment

Since CJSA hasn't published anything for the spring yet you can't blame anyone for being dubious of your claims.
                                My claims are pretty accurate. The CCSL will have large numbers this Spring. The defections will occur after the Spring season. Several clubs upset with CCSL. They did not want the town programs admitted. Cost is also high but it would not have tipped the balance if not for first problem. Premier clubs want a closed league just like ECNL and Academy. They want to create an exclusive league. CCSL will be gutted.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X