Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Didn’t Eugene do this same thing earlier in the season? What is going on over there?
    It doesn’t matter. We are all fighting for second place. Salmon Creek is going to run away with this.

Comment

It doesn’t matter. We are all fighting for second place. Salmon Creek is going to run away with this.
      Thanks salmon creek mom! You’re the best mummy.

Comment

Eugene is a disgrace and a shambles. Four losses in a row. Four yellow cards today - two which should have been straight reds. Coach looks like he’s quit on them and girls are going through the motions. UGLY.
        Until the refs start handing out yellows and reds when they are due, Eugene and others will be able to play thugball. OYSA seriously needs to watch Eugene and the teams that do this on a regular basis more closely. Usually the refs are too scared to even call yellows in the girls games so this game must’ve been insane. FIFA Laws of the Game even say profanity is a red. Refs need to start handing out reds for profanity based on the rules. OYSA could also change rules to 3 yellows in a season is a two game suspension at to be enforced during State Cup/Presidents Cup. OYSA could also have a team wide yellow Max before the team has to forfeit a State Cup/presidents cup game. Or simply enforce the Laws of the Game during regular season games! If 2 of Eugene’s yellows should’ve been reds, it is a disgrace that the refs didn’t hand out reds. Otherwise, Eugene has no reason to play fairly.

Comment

Until the refs start handing out yellows and reds when they are due, Eugene and others will be able to play thugball. OYSA seriously needs to watch Eugene and the teams that do this on a regular basis more closely. Usually the refs are too scared to even call yellows in the girls games so this game must’ve been insane. FIFA Laws of the Game even say profanity is a red. Refs need to start handing out reds for profanity based on the rules. OYSA could also change rules to 3 yellows in a season is a two game suspension at to be enforced during State Cup/Presidents Cup. OYSA could also have a team wide yellow Max before the team has to forfeit a State Cup/presidents cup game. Or simply enforce the Laws of the Game during regular season games! If 2 of Eugene’s yellows should’ve been reds, it is a disgrace that the refs didn’t hand out reds. Otherwise, Eugene has no reason to play fairly.
          I had some spare time Saturday so I drove out to Wilsonville to check out this dreaded thug Eugene team. Let me tell you they are all they are made out to be and more. Their pregame snack was raw meat. Their pregame huddle ended with a roared "DESTROY." Their coach was heard promising donuts to every girl who broke someone's bone in the game.

The game itself was bananas. One girl ran off celebrating after she ripped an opponent's ponytail clean off. Their keeper at one point made a save by ripping off the shooter's leg. Their captain was heard telling the ref "put that red card back in your pocket or I'll put it up your aXX."

For halftime, I saw them eating nails and working on a speed bag. I don't know how Crossfire managed to actually score - I was feeling queasy by that point and had to look away for a few minutes. But I do know the Eugene players chased the referees out to their cars and down the road, pelting them with beer cans and obscenities the entire way. QUITE the spectacle from start to finish.

Seriously. You people are idiots. One disgruntled parent comes on here posting nonsense and you morons take it for gospel. Try worrying about your own kid/team/life.

Comment

While I have no opinion onto the tactics or nature of ETFC--profanity generally only results in a booking or sending off if it is directed at someone. If a player scores and screams at the defender "f*** you b****", that ought to be a straight red. If the same player hits the post and utters "f***!" at nobody in particular, not so much.

That might not be the strict interpretation of the LotG, but that seems to be how it is often enforced, at many levels of soccer.

Comment

While I have no opinion onto the tactics or nature of ETFC--profanity generally only results in a booking or sending off if it is directed at someone. If a player scores and screams at the defender "f*** you b****", that ought to be a straight red. If the same player hits the post and utters "f***!" at nobody in particular, not so much.

That might not be the strict interpretation of the LotG, but that seems to be how it is often enforced, at many levels of soccer.
              I too think this is the case. I have no idea whether the Eugene profanity was the red card worthy kind or not but a poster for an earlier game said they were yelling F-bombs at each other. That is a red card offense, even if it is at a teammate. My point wasn’t to bash on Eugene in particular so much as argue the point that OYSA needs to have a talk with the refs on how it is their responsibility to enforce the LOTG. I think just about every HS aged girls game I have been to has had at least one B-word, and usually much worse, yelled by a player at another player within earshot of the ref but the refs have never once given a card for it in over 10 years of watching soccer in Oregon. Several times I have seen the offense happen right in front of the ref and then pointed out that they need to call it to no avail. Same goes for the hair pulling, jersey pulling, blood drawing pinching and scratching, full extended arm(s) shoving, out right tackling, etc. that happens constantly with no calls. I know soccer is a physical spot but the obvious fouls and obvious cards are simply almost never given in OYSA girls soccer. I have 2 girls. The bigger aggressive one has benefited and probably gets called for maybe 1 in 10 fouls she commits. She is soon to graduate and has gotten less than one yellow per season and never a red in her entire career. My other dd is smaller and less aggressive so she has been the victim of countless uncalled fouls and should be cards. I see both sides. My plea is for the refs to actually enforce the laws of the game as written and quit letting girls soccer descend into thugball with b-bombs and f-bombs being thrown about every game. The players are children and can’t be blamed for taking advantage of brutishness if it isn’t being called out and helps them to win. Respect the girls game and lower injuries by calling the laws as written.

Comment

I too think this is the case. I have no idea whether the Eugene profanity was the red card worthy kind or not but a poster for an earlier game said they were yelling F-bombs at each other. That is a red card offense, even if it is at a teammate. My point wasn’t to bash on Eugene in particular so much as argue the point that OYSA needs to have a talk with the refs on how it is their responsibility to enforce the LOTG. I think just about every HS aged girls game I have been to has had at least one B-word, and usually much worse, yelled by a player at another player within earshot of the ref but the refs have never once given a card for it in over 10 years of watching soccer in Oregon. Several times I have seen the offense happen right in front of the ref and then pointed out that they need to call it to no avail. Same goes for the hair pulling, jersey pulling, blood drawing pinching and scratching, full extended arm(s) shoving, out right tackling, etc. that happens constantly with no calls. I know soccer is a physical spot but the obvious fouls and obvious cards are simply almost never given in OYSA girls soccer. I have 2 girls. The bigger aggressive one has benefited and probably gets called for maybe 1 in 10 fouls she commits. She is soon to graduate and has gotten less than one yellow per season and never a red in her entire career. My other dd is smaller and less aggressive so she has been the victim of countless uncalled fouls and should be cards. I see both sides. My plea is for the refs to actually enforce the laws of the game as written and quit letting girls soccer descend into thugball with b-bombs and f-bombs being thrown about every game. The players are children and can’t be blamed for taking advantage of brutishness if it isn’t being called out and helps them to win. Respect the girls game and lower injuries by calling the laws as written.
                Refs should definitely call the fouls. If the refs are t going to, it’s up to the coaches to stand up and demand sportsmanship from their players. The Eugene DOC is well respected and honorable. He will take care of the Eugene mess. Hopefully the other clubs will too.

Comment

Refs should definitely call the fouls. If the refs are t going to, it’s up to the coaches to stand up and demand sportsmanship from their players. The Eugene DOC is well respected and honorable. He will take care of the Eugene mess. Hopefully the other clubs will too.
                  What mess does the DOC have to fix? OYSA website indicates Eugene is the only u19 premier team with zero cards.

This entire thread was fake news started by an angry (former or current) Eugene parent. And you fools all fell for it.

Comment

A 2-1 win against ETFC 00G Cypress Black (*** is that?) isn't exactly "running away with it"

Comment

A 2-1 win against ETFC 00G Cypress Black (*** is that?) isn't exactly "running away with it"
                      Nemesis dominated entire game with only one sub, Eugene was gifted with a ridiculous number of hometown calls, and a rematch would be a guaranteed 5-0 blowout. Any other questions?

Comment

Nemesis dominated entire game with only one sub, Eugene was gifted with a ridiculous number of hometown calls, and a rematch would be a guaranteed 5-0 blowout. Any other questions?
                        You almost got it right.
                        6 players were at prom. There were actually no subs at all. I wouldn’t say 5-0 if they played again but 3-0 or 4-0 is safe

Comment

You almost got it right.
                          6 players were at prom. There were actually no subs at all. I wouldn’t say 5-0 if they played again but 3-0 or 4-0 is safe
                          In other words you overlooked an opponent you saw as inferior and it almost bit you on the aXX. Sounds like exactly what you needed and deserved.

Comment

In other words you overlooked an opponent you saw as inferior and it almost bit you on the aXX. Sounds like exactly what you needed and deserved.
                            No dog in this fight, but this response is stupid.
                            How does girls going to prom equate to seeing an opponent as inferior? What did they need and deserve anyway. Sounds to me me they proved superiority on the field by winning. Clearly superior given the number of girls unavailable. Accept your defeat and stop being a poor sport.

Comment

You almost got it right.
                              6 girls missed an 11am game for prom? How long does it take you Salmon Creek girls to clean up?

Comment

6 girls missed an 11am game for prom? How long does it take you Salmon Creek girls to clean up?
                                Hard to play soccer with a hangover.... or as they call it in the pros, "flu-like symptoms".

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X