Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do you like your coach? What makes a good coach?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Great teacher of the game of life...phenomenal philosophy of how to teach the game of soccer. Able to teach the bottom half of the team all the way thru the top half of the team.
    Everyone grows....and we win a few games

Comment

Someone who chooses my wife as manager, even though we are just joining the team. Oh yeah, he has to go on vacations with us.

Comment

Someone who has guidelines rules and communicates expectations and follows thru with them. Someone who is committed to the team.
        Someone who is willing to make the hard choice if a kid needs benched for discipline reasons.
        Someone who makes corrections if technic is wrong not just continuously patting kids on the back.
        Someone who also encourages when the moment is right.
        Someone who shows up to practice on time
        Someone who communicates with the kids and with parents.
        Someone who can develop all the kids not just the top 11.

Comment

Someone who chooses my wife as manager, even though we are just joining the team. Oh yeah, he has to go on vacations with us.
          Our coaches are on a boys weekend in San Diego on the clubs dime!

Comment

the answer.

Someone who doesn't expect a coherent answer on this forum.

Comment

Our favorite coaches all have a few common elements. They were more concerned with developing the players than just obtaining the win. They were respectful and honest while caring about the child's feelings. I have four children who have or still do play competitive soccer. They ranged in ability:

1 - Amazing
              2 - Very solid good players
              1 - Athletic, sensitive, not as aggressive

Our favorite coaches were always concerned with helping my children achieve personal best. They were transparent in their choices. They set standards and stuck to them. They were honest but delicate in assessing ability. In one case they actually informed us that our child would be better off at a higher level that in their opinion our club did not offer. These were the great ones. Unfortunately there were bad ones too!

Comment

For Us

My wife and I

really liked the coaches who listened to us when we emailed about why our son deserves more playing time. The coach who let us tell him we know what position our kid really enjoys to play, regardless of the team needed or the coach thought. The ones who let us call them and vent about the politics of the team parents and how obnoxious and rude they were on the sidelines. The ones who understood why were backstabbing them on the sidelines and at the hotel bar when our kid was benched. These coaches are AMAZING they let us have a voice and it feels really good, don't really care what my kid feels about it. It's about us.

Oregon Youth Soccer is AMAZING.

Comment

My wife and I

really liked the coaches who listened to us when we emailed about why our son deserves more playing time. The coach who let us tell him we know what position our kid really enjoys to play, regardless of the team needed or the coach thought. The ones who let us call them and vent about the politics of the team parents and how obnoxious and rude they were on the sidelines. The ones who understood why were backstabbing them on the sidelines and at the hotel bar when our kid was benched. These coaches are AMAZING they let us have a voice and it feels really good, don't really care what my kid feels about it. It's about us.

Now that is funny

Comment

My wife and I

All the above and only have to pay $10000....oh wait it is 6000 to 8000 and travel expenses...no no it is 7000...stop lying it is blah blah blah blah blah blah

Comment

Now that is funny
                      The unfortunate thing is, more than likely the guy who posted it really is like that but suffers from the lack of ability to self reflect. He can only observe what other parents do, not what he does.

Comment

Forgot to add that he has to make my dd a captain too.

Comment

All the above and only have to pay $10000....oh wait it is 6000 to 8000 and travel expenses...no no it is 7000...stop lying it is blah blah blah blah blah blah
                          Not having to travel to Gresham. Priceless...

Worth every penny.

Comment

Not having to travel to Gresham. Priceless...

Worth every penny.
                            Why, did your Psychiatrist open an office close to your home?

Comment

Any coach that can be manipulated into playing my kid all the time at whatever position I want them to play by either yelling at the coach, or bribing the coach.

Or better yet, any coach that lets me be assistant coach so that I can dictate the amount of time my kid gets. The unfortunate thing is, that actually happened.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X