Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oregon ECNL might have a chance given how they schedule

If they keep matching our teams up with bottom of the barrel ECNL teams. I bet the coaches were lining the fields. Lol. A tie and a 3-0 drubbing.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If they keep matching our teams up with bottom of the barrel ECNL teams. I bet the coaches were lining the fields. Lol. A tie and a 3-0 drubbing.
    Its like playing NWCL B league.

But it makes sense. Why put them against GOOD teams? They are paying 10k a year to play Idaho LOLOLOLOLOL AND LOSE at that. I suppose that is what people mean when they say ELITE....Dont worry, they will be 40k in the hole and watch random kids get better while they travel to get burned out watching the other teams play.

Comment

Its like playing NWCL B league.

But it makes sense. Why put them against GOOD teams? They are paying 10k a year to play Idaho LOLOLOLOLOL AND LOSE at that. I suppose that is what people mean when they say ELITE....Dont worry, they will be 40k in the hole and watch random kids get better while they travel to get burned out watching the other teams play.
      ^^^^^^^^^
      Loser! Back to the cave, man!

Comment

^^^^^^^^^
        Loser! Back to the cave, man!
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

AP. he's back.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

AP. he's back.
          Do I have to do everything around here? AP was a she. Geez.

Comment

Do I have to do everything around here? AP was a she. Geez.
            That can always be changed...might account for AP's absence.

Comment

Got lots of time on your hands, huh? Frustrated that the ECNL teams are playing real games while the Thorns haven't even managed to organize a practice yet?

Comment

Got lots of time on your hands, huh? Frustrated that the ECNL teams are playing real games while the Thorns haven't even managed to organize a practice yet?
                Hahahaahaahh. You call that real games?????!!!!!! Hhahahahaha how does getting rolled on by an Idaho team give you some sort of accomplishment???? Might as well be playing nwcl.....but that actually has better teams!

You keep spending that college tuition! I know you "trust" your coaches.....hahahahahah.

Is that what 10k a year gets you???? Burnout and losses to bad teams?

Comment

Hahahaahaahh. You call that real games?????!!!!!! Hhahahahaha how does getting rolled on by an Idaho team give you some sort of accomplishment???? Might as well be playing nwcl.....but that actually has better teams!

You keep spending that college tuition! I know you "trust" your coaches.....hahahahahah.

The rants about ECNL is too expensive are getting old as well as the Thorns Academy suck

Comment

The rants about ECNL is too expensive are getting old as well as the Thorns Academy suck
                    Who said anything about too expensive. I just think it's a complete scam when you think about the bad development choices and structure. Sub par coaching.

That's all.

Comment

Real games? Well the U17s are playing one decent game. The other two are against teams that are the par of what played in OPL. One is in third to last place in their league while the other one is in last place. Look at the Florida boards and find out how bad that league is. It's terrible. The U16s are playing pretty good teams, and as has been predicted, they are getting rolled. So far, of the ECNL teams who have played, the FCP U14 team is the only one that is proving to be somewhat decent.

Comment

I can afford ECNL and college tuition for all my kids with or without assistance. I can afford vacations, a nice house and cars. It looks like you should spend more time working, trying to earn a living, and less time attacking kids, teams and clubs.

Comment

Real games? Well the U17s are playing one decent game. The other two are against teams that are the par of what played in OPL. One is in third to last place in their league while the other one is in last place. Look at the Florida boards and find out how bad that league is. It's terrible. The U16s are playing pretty good teams, and as has been predicted, they are getting rolled. So far, of the ECNL teams who have played, the FCP U14 team is the only one that is proving to be somewhat decent.
                          You say these things but have no idea what you're talking about. You dont even know the teams our Oregon teams are playing yet you compare them to other in state teams. You're desperate.

Comment

You have some serious issues if you are reading soccer blogs from FL. Don't have a dog in this fight, but I find it humorous when some idiot comes on here and bashes some team for winning only to state the competition wasn't any good.

Comment

One More Time

I don't know how many times it needs to be said but obviously about once a month when talking about the local teams inaugural ECNL season. It's NOT about the wins. It IS about development and the improvements each player, each coach and hopefully each team makes over the course of a season.

The vast majority of local players stepping up to take on the challenge of ECNL are not currently ECNL caliber players. How could they be playing in either OPL or OYSA leagues?

Few if any local players are asked to play at speed or with game IQ. Yes there are a few teams that venture out of sate that have been exposed to a faster game but that exposure is limited to a 2 or 3 tournaments. Now they will be FORCED to play fast and smart every game. Will they be up to the challenge? Not initially but if they have the desire they can speed up their play and improve their game IQ. I is the height of arrogance to assume that these ladies are going to get discouraged and pack it in because of the score of any one game. That is not the attitude of winners. That is the attitude of front runners who can not persevere in sport or life.

Will the teams have enough physical talent to compete? IDK but I do know that physical talent alone does not win games in the ECNL.

So what we SHOULD expect is that most of the players/teams will struggle to "up their game". We should ALSO expect improvement over the course of the year and for the majority of teams to show progress by the May San Diego showcase and the first round of the Playoffs. IF at the end of the first season both the players and the coaches know how to play smart soccer at speed it should be considered a success.

Keep in mind the first year will build the foundation for the second year so the players will come in knowing what to expect and what they need to improve upon to be more successful.

Maybe if all of the physically talented players in the area would play on the ECNL teams we would have a right to expect wins but that will not be the case for several years until the value can be demonstrated to the doubters.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X