Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Neither school has good enough coaches needed to recruit good enough players. The PAC-12 is a top conference loaded with soccer hotbeds. Unless both of these programs can learn how to consistently pick off top players from places like S. Cal they will always be challenged to produce winning teams.

PAC-12 football is the same way. Oregon has consistently figured this recruiting puzzle out and Oregon State is hit or miss. You can't win the Kentucky a Derby with plow horses.
    Oregon hardly has plow horses with representatives from 2 national teams and one on the US national pool. Oregon doesn't sub much at all. 6 of the recruits with 5 being high level multi Pac 12 offer players did not step on the field during a game this season. Of those that did step on the field only two had significant playing time. Meanwhile the same 13 players would run out of gas game after game. Oregon is close but needs to stop playing the exact same game hoping for different results.

Comment

Oregon

Portland State is on top of the Big Sky every year. They beat Oregon and compete well against other bigger programs. They have a very good coach. They placed second in the Big Sky this season. I know its not the Pac 12 but they are a D-1 school and with some very good players and are kind of forgotten here in Portland because it is basically a commuter school.

Comment

Mmmmm...

And none of them are graduating. So he could bring back 24, which leaves little room for any new freshmen. I don't know what normal turnover is, I suppose one or two, so his fresman class for next year is probably 4.
        The player posing for the camera shot shown on the team's web page with the title "Senior Day" will find it interesting that she is not a senior and is not graduating. Often PAC-12 rosters have 30 or more players. Some less skilled players will drop, plus there are always injuries. Look for 4-6 freshmen next season. Do you know anything about college soccer?

Comment

The player posing for the camera shot shown on the team's web page with the title "Senior Day" will find it interesting that she is not a senior and is not graduating. Often PAC-12 rosters have 30 or more players. Some less skilled players will drop, plus there are always injuries. Look for 4-6 freshmen next season. Do you know anything about college soccer?
          According to the roster online, there were no seniors. And only moron coaches carry 30. Ask any college coach, it's very difficult to carry that many. Look at the Pac 12 rosters and see how many carry 30+. Clearly you are the one that is clueless about soccer.

Comment

Really stupid ...

Unless a top player not picked by the Cal teams wants to major in Animal Husbandry or Oceanography why would they go to play in the slop that passes for the pitch at OSU.

Now compare that to the faculties at Oregon and the academic offering and the puzzle is why Kat has not been able to turn the corner other than her game management.
            1. The OSU field is in its second season since a complete overhaul. The field wasn't sloppy until it rained so much in the last couple of weeks. Both the OSU men and women play on it. I saw the men last Sunday. It was sloppy for the first time last weekend. Grass fields in the Northwest will get sloppy this time of year with enough rainfall. Ever been there?
            2. The facilities at Oregon for women's soccer, no men's team, have some problems. First, and foremost, UO in the only artificial turf in the PAC-12. Just like playing in high school. Few big time programs have artificial turf. UO had a very nice field set-up, but the football team took over the space about 3 years ago. OSU new facilities are excellent, but the field grandstands are old.
            3. Yes, OSU must be inferior academically since twice as many Jesuit graduates last May chose to go to OSU than UO.
            4. OSU has more academic offerings with higher national rankings than UO. Try living in today's world, not 10-20 years ago.

Comment

Oh, they do have one. One that stayed after Linus cleaned house. I saw her play. She won't be missed.

Comment

1. The OSU field is in its second season since a complete overhaul. The field wasn't sloppy until it rained so much in the last couple of weeks. Both the OSU men and women play on it. I saw the men last Sunday. It was sloppy for the first time last weekend. Grass fields in the Northwest will get sloppy this time of year with enough rainfall. Ever been there?
                2. The facilities at Oregon for women's soccer, no men's team, have some problems. First, and foremost, UO in the only artificial turf in the PAC-12. Just like playing in high school. Few big time programs have artificial turf. UO had a very nice field set-up, but the football team took over the space about 3 years ago. OSU new facilities are excellent, but the field grandstands are old.
                3. Yes, OSU must be inferior academically since twice as many Jesuit graduates last May chose to go to OSU than UO.
                4. OSU has more academic offerings with higher national rankings than UO. Try living in today's world, not 10-20 years ago.
                So they are, or they aren't sloppy? It's difficult to understand what you are saying. Maybe you are saying that they are kinda sloppy. That's probably it.

And those grandstands are terrible. Give the players some room.

Comment

No reading skills

According to the roster online, there were no seniors. And only moron coaches carry 30. Ask any college coach, it's very difficult to carry that many. Look at the Pac 12 rosters and see how many carry 30+. Clearly you are the one that is clueless about soccer.
                  The abbreviation "Sr." stands for senior, plus for you, there is a photo of a senior holding flowers for Senior Day. What online high school roster did you consult?

Roster numbers: AZ 32, UAz 29, Cal 32, Col 27, UO 31, OSU 24, Stan 24, UCLA 32, USC 32, Utah 27, UW 25, WSU 25.

Your ignorance knows no bounds, does it? P.S.: Actual coaches know how to use the full rosters. PAC-12 travels with 22 with the extra GK's at home along with the injured. The injured usually number about 4 this time of year. So 2-4 players will have a redshirt year. Get it?

Comment

What ?

So they are, or they aren't sloppy? It's difficult to understand what you are saying. Maybe you are saying that they are kinda sloppy. That's probably it.

And those grandstands are terrible. Give the players some room.
                    If you had reading skills you would have ascertained that ONE weekend had sloppy fields. That was the last home games for both the men's and women's teams. Clear enough for you?

Comment

The abbreviation "Sr." stands for senior, plus for you, there is a photo of a senior holding flowers for Senior Day. What online high school roster did you consult?

Roster numbers: AZ 32, UAz 29, Cal 32, Col 27, UO 31, OSU 24, Stan 24, UCLA 32, USC 32, Utah 27, UW 25, WSU 25.

Your ignorance knows no bounds, does it? P.S.: Actual coaches know how to use the full rosters. PAC-12 travels with 22 with the extra GK's at home along with the injured. The injured usually number about 4 this time of year. So 2-4 players will have a redshirt year. Get it?
                      So half the teams have less than 30. Thanks for proving my point. And so they have one senior. I saw her play. She clearly didn't go anywhere last year when all the seniors had their scholarships reduced to 20% because she knew she wasn't getting to play anywhere else. She is NOT a good player. Typical lumbering Linus type defender.

Comment

So half the teams have less than 30. Thanks for proving my point. And so they have one senior. I saw her play. She clearly didn't go anywhere last year when all the seniors had their scholarships reduced to 20% because she knew she wasn't getting to play anywhere else. She is NOT a good player. Typical lumbering Linus type defender.
                        You are a jerk.

Comment

You are a jerk.
                          Sorry Mom. But act like a jerk and you get a jerk response. And don't act so pius about Jesuit. I know that's where your little darling went, but it isn't as great as you think it is. Show a little humility and maybe people won't smack you around.

Comment

You are a jerk.
                            A sr. that only played 11 games and less than 500 minutes.

Comment

Portland State is on top of the Big Sky every year. They beat Oregon and compete well against other bigger programs. They have a very good coach. They placed second in the Big Sky this season. I know its not the Pac 12 but they are a D-1 school and with some very good players and are kind of forgotten here in Portland because it is basically a commuter school.
                              Portland State was outplayed on all levels but the one that counts in the game where Portland State won... ie getting a goal in overtime. The fist time Oregon and Portland State met during pre season it was 3-0 Oregon. Again, I go back to my theory on fatigue and injury. I suspect that 9 times out of 10 Portland State would be beat by most if not all Pac 12 teams.

Comment

Bummer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X