X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ???

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I thought Oregon would be stronger this year as the games I saw in the spring they looked very good. I've watched a couple of Pac 12 games and did notice they appear to be losing at the end with one exception: UCLA. They got stomped.

Watched two Oregon State Pac 12 network games and thought the girls tried but needed more depth. I am wondering how long before Linus gets canned. It should have happened a couple of years ago.

U of P went from being a powerhouse to tying both Oregon and Oregon State. I don't get it because they have great recruiting classes. Has to be time for a change!!
    Linus has done very well until the last 2 years. I'm not sure why he didn't do better with all the seniors he had last year. When they left, and others were asked not to come back while still others transferred, the result was not many players with experience and a huge number of freshman.

In 2009, OSU made it to the third round of the national championships getting to the Sweet Sixteen. 2010 and 2011, they got just to the first round of the playoffs. That means they were in the top 50 of all D-1 teams. 2012 they missed the playoffs by 1 game, supposedly by poor coaching. Last year with all the seniors they went nowhere. It is entirely stupid to say that Linus should have been gone 2 years ago. Do you not understand results?

Comment

????

Oregon State needs more than 14 players
      Yes, that's why 24 are on the roster for this season. Too complicated for you to figure
      out ?

Comment

No they haven't.

Well, the PAC 12 is a hard road for any college. It sounds like a young team. There is little doubt that Linus screwed up somewhere. The question is whether women's sports will illicit the same response as would happen in men's sports.. ie they would fire him. I have doubts as it has been going down hill for some time.

You have a very good keeper. I know two of your forwards and was surprised that one of them ended up at that level. But, I am not a coach. The ball doesn't seem to make it out of the midfield much anyway so I don't know if it is a forward issue. Let's hope next year is a better season.

Go Beavs
        Please look at the post that shows the record Linus has the last few years. Going downhill for some time is an exceedingly dumb comment.

Comment

I do understand results such as not gaining more than 3 goals in the entire season and not pulling off even one win. That is a result. Do you understand that?

Linus was on the downward spiral before this year .. this is simply rock bottom. 2011 is a distant past at this point so I call bull****.

Comment

Yes, that's why 24 are on the roster for this season. Too complicated for you to figure
            out ?
            And you are arguing in his defense because you believe that it is simply bad luck?

Comment

out ?
              And none of them are graduating. So he could bring back 24, which leaves little room for any new freshmen. I don't know what normal turnover is, I suppose one or two, so his fresman class for next year is probably 4.

Comment

Please look at the post that shows the record Linus has the last few years. Going downhill for some time is an exceedingly dumb comment.
                How many years would you suggest for a downward trend before acknowledgment that there is a problem? The problem began prior to his first losing season.

Comment

Unless things change for Linus and Kat, they are going to struggle as the Pac 12 continues to improve. UCLA and Stanford are amongst the best in the country. USC stole WSUs coach, who was doing great things. WSU doesn't appear to have skipped a beat with their new coach. UW is back this year. Cal is tough every year and is just a step below UCLA and Stanford. Both Arizona teams have long time coaches and field competitive teams each year. Utah isn't as strong as BYU, but they aren't far off. Colorado went to the tourny last year and should again this year. Other than Oregon and Oregon State, every team has a winning record overall. In fact, 6-8 teams will probably make the tournament this year. So long as those programs continue with where they are, Oregon and OSU has a big challenge to move up unless they really recruit and coach the kids up.

Comment

Unless

Unless a top player not picked by the Cal teams wants to major in Animal Husbandry or Oceanography why would they go to play in the slop that passes for the pitch at OSU.

Now compare that to the faculties at Oregon and the academic offering and the puzzle is why Kat has not been able to turn the corner other than her game management.

Comment

Unless a top player not picked by the Cal teams wants to major in Animal Husbandry or Oceanography why would they go to play in the slop that passes for the pitch at OSU.

Now compare that to the faculties at Oregon and the academic offering and the puzzle is why Kat has not been able to turn the corner other than her game management.
                      And you also have to wonder, for similar reasons, why UP is on a downward slide. I get that they've been to the playoffs but compared to where they were, they've fallen a lot. And for no good reason.

Comment

oregon appears weak off the bench. they often make it to the end, but loose in OT or in the closing minutes of the match

Comment

OSU has a beautiful new soccer complex so I'm not sure what "slop" you are talking about.

Comment

And you also have to wonder, for similar reasons, why UP is on a downward slide. I get that they've been to the playoffs but compared to where they were, they've fallen a lot. And for no good reason.
                            OSU, UofP and UofO all have pretty good sized rosters that is filled with local talent might be the problem. Local talent that rarely played out of state, except for that one big tourney (pick one) each year.

Comment

I'm sorry. I can only imagine how frustrating this is for those whose children have signed up to play with this school. I know a couple of their players. One is very good and I feel sorry for her, the other I was sort of surprised was recruited but I am not a coach.
                              Well. You have to look at the bright side. It's not like any of these girls were going to pay pro. All of them will get a good education. And the benefits of team sports are there regardless if you win or lose. However, I get what you are saying and to have the final year(s) of your soccer end with seasons like this one is unfortunate. It's a life lesson for these girls. However, it still beats Southern Oregon.

Comment

Neither school has good enough coaches needed to recruit good enough players. The PAC-12 is a top conference loaded with soccer hotbeds. Unless both of these programs can learn how to consistently pick off top players from places like S. Cal they will always be challenged to produce winning teams.

PAC-12 football is the same way. Oregon has consistently figured this recruiting puzzle out and Oregon State is hit or miss. You can't win the Kentucky a Derby with plow horses.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X