• Show
Clear All

http://www.unitedwintercollegeshowcase.com/

I hope this is successful.

http://www.unitedwintercollegeshowcase.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Do they have a Rec division for the OYSA HS teams?

Comment

It doesn't matter anyway. OYSA will keep all of their teams away. That's the way they roll. If it doesn't have Timbers on it, they won't do it.

Comment

Actually, it looks perfect for the CU ECNL teams. Plus they don't have to pay, which is about what the tournament is worth. Let's see, Lewis and Clark, Linfield, Willamette, and Warner Pacific should find lots of players for their 2016 and 2017 classes out of the CU ECNL teams. Oh forgot about Clackamas Community College, they should find 3 or 4 that are perfect fits too.

Comment

I heard OYSA is putting together one All-Star team to compete in this tournament. They are selecting their best players from their Alliance. So far they have 4 players and should be able to field a team of 12 by February.

Comment

Hopefully, it looks and does better then whatever that was that had going on this last summer for the younger kids.

Comment

Hopefully, it looks and does better then whatever that was that had going on this last summer for the younger kids.
                Being that it is titled a College Showcase, I doubt younger kids will be in this one.

Also, being that it his THUSC, I doubt it will be any better. The current O/U on college coaches is 3.

Comment

It doesn't matter anyway. OYSA will keep all of their teams away. That's the way they roll. If it doesn't have Timbers on it, they won't do it.
                  Actually you are a little off, but not far…If it HAS THUSC on it OYSA will stay away…The last time united tried to do anything they didn't even invite OYSA teams, and after the fact they blew them off as not really wanted…So you act like it is some surprise they would decide to stay away

Comment

Being that it is titled a College Showcase, I doubt younger kids will be in this one.

Also, being that it his THUSC, I doubt it will be any better. The current O/U on college coaches is 3.
                    No one said it would have anything to do with younger kids, they were referencing the failed summer nwcl qualifing tournament that did have under u14 and pretty much was thusc playing its self in every division.

Comment

Actually you are a little off, but not far…If it HAS THUSC on it OYSA will stay away…The last time united tried to do anything they didn't even invite OYSA teams, and after the fact they blew them off as not really wanted…So you act like it is some surprise they would decide to stay away
                      OYSA will stay away because the TA sheep must follow the Timbers herd whether they have an interest or not. Call it like it is, Timbers are running your clubs for you DOCs! Please come on here again and tell us how you run the show at your club! We all need a good laugh!

Comment

The O/U is about right

Since THUSC has 3-4 college coaches on staff (PSU and Linfield)---you are probably right!! There will be coaches there. Problem is that they have already seen the talent pool, for the last several years, as they probably have coached these exact same players, at one point or another.

If you have a tournament and no one comes, except for your own teams/players, can it really be called a tournament? Can it really be called a showcase?
                        Seems awfully similar to their THUSC United Cup in the summer. Talk about a train wreck.
                        What's the old saying?? If you cannot remember past history, you will repeat that same history. This has 'hot mess' written all over it.

Comment

I'm an OPL parent and you would think that this is one area OPL & OYSA could agree and get together on a decent college showcase tournament for Oregon. With Thorns Academy and ECNL both promoting it, you would think they would be able to attract teams and coaches.

Comment

I'm an OPL parent and you would think that this is one area OPL & OYSA could agree and get together on a decent college showcase tournament for Oregon. With Thorns Academy and ECNL both promoting it, you would think they would be able to attract teams and coaches.
                            The FC Portland Winter Showcase in January always fills up and there are a decent number of College coaches as well as a lot of out if state teams.

Comment

This is simply an attempt by THUSC to make up for the money they don't make on the summer tournament any more.

The area is served sufficiently by the FC Winter Showcase. There is no need for another.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X