Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FCPDX ECNL is clearly better run than CROSSFIRE OREGON

Crossfire Oregon is a train wreck, too many moving parts.
    It will be an epic fail.
    FCPDX will dominate.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It will be an epic fail.
    FCPDX will dominate.
    Time will tell but I would agree that FC's model is considerably simpler to manage. Intentionally merging groups of kids (and parents) from as many as 6 different clubs together each year could prove unwieldy. FC also has to deal with an influx of new kids and parents each year but it's easier as those want to be there. Not all of the various factions under the CU roof want to be merged together.

Comment

Just seeing the product on the field

It will be an epic fail.
      FCPDX will dominate.
      I have seen both teams play, in 'friendlies' and at NWCL this fall.

I would say that FC is further along, developmentally as well as technically/strategically too. May be a factor of they essentially elelvated their old "A" team, FC Navy, and had a couple of their better girls that were playing up move back down to the appropriate age (U-14).

Crossfire United had most of their old "A" team, Silver form the new ECNL team with maybe 5-6 new girls from the other teams (LO, Willamette, etc)---gonna take a while for those new girls to fit in, learn Tom's system, Tom's way of doing things and Tom's ego.

FC just played better, more consistently and was more fun to watch.

I don't have a dog in this fight, nor do I want to see one succeed or fail. Just casual observations from watching several games this late summer and early fall. To me, FC PDX is the better of the two.....more organized soccer, better/more crisp passing, better execution. Not to say Crossfire will not get to that point but to me, they are about 6-9 months BEHIND FC PDX at this point in time.

Comment

Really? NO dog in this fight?

Ummmm...... if you don't "have a dog in this fight," then how are you making it to all of the friendlies and several NWCL games?

Let me guess: you are a college coach. DO you go to their practices too?

Comment

If you have to brag....well you know

Humility has never been a strength of FCP parents.

I guess after years of THUSC giving them the only meaningful competition on the girls side they are still a bit insecure.

Why don't we let the season play out before making any definitive judgments based upon .....wait for it.......wait for it......Conjecture. BOOM.

Comment

Humility has never been a strength of FCP parents.

I guess after years of THUSC giving them the only meaningful competition on the girls side they are still a bit insecure.

Why don't we let the season play out before making any definitive judgments based upon .....wait for it.......wait for it......Conjecture. BOOM.
            You know what they say "If you can do it, you ain't bragging"

Comment

Ummmm...... if you don't "have a dog in this fight," then how are you making it to all of the friendlies and several NWCL games?

Good catch. I love the posters who try to say that they are a casual observer, yet they know far more than someone who just happened to walk by and watch a team play for 20-30 minutes. Maybe he will now come on here to try to claim that FCP practices out his back door and is able to watch them from his porch, that's why he knows so much about these teams.

Comment

Yep--really, no dog in this fight

I was the OP. I have a U-11 dd. She played at the NWCL games, both in PDX and Seattle. There were several games that either over-lapped from a timing standpoint or her team needed to be at the field 1 hour ahead of her game and I could watch/catch 30-40 mins of either FC PDX's games or the Crossfire games.

Again, just casual observations. I know girls on both teams......I would say FC PDX is ahead, developmentally, of Crossfire.

Comment

Looking back over 5 years

You know what they say "If you can do it, you ain't bragging"
                  If you look back over 5 years of State cups you will see almost an even split between THUSC and FCP. Picking different dates could give either club a case to say "were #1" but over the recent past they have been each others primary rival.

To say that one will dominate the other for any length of time is not supported by history.

Comment

I was the OP. I have a U-11 dd. She played at the NWCL games, both in PDX and Seattle. There were several games that either over-lapped from a timing standpoint or her team needed to be at the field 1 hour ahead of her game and I could watch/catch 30-40 mins of either FC PDX's games or the Crossfire games.

Again, just casual observations. I know girls on both teams......I would say FC PDX is ahead, developmentally, of Crossfire.
                    A U11 parent! whwahrhafrhaharhahahahahahahaha.

So that makes you an expert on the relative strengths and weaknesses of either club.whwhahthahthahahahtahhthaht.

Don't worry in 2 years the effects of the GS cool aid will wear off!

Comment

But you earlier said you included results from friendlies. Since results from friendlies are not posted, how can you include them unless you are a parent? Or did your U11 have a friendly that overlapped?

Comment

A U11 parent! whwahrhafrhaharhahahahahahahaha.

So that makes you an expert on the relative strengths and weaknesses of either club.whwhahthahthahahahtahhthaht.

Don't worry in 2 years the effects of the GS cool aid will wear off!
                        Or the whitener on T.A.'s teeth.

Comment

But you earlier said you included results from friendlies. Since results from friendlies are not posted, how can you include them unless you are a parent? Or did your U11 have a friendly that overlapped?
                          I just spit coffee all over my computer reading this. I can't believe you are telling the quality if the program by watching a U11 game. Go watch the 16s, 17s, and 18s and the let me know what you think

Comment

I just spit coffee all over my computer reading this. I can't believe you are telling the quality if the program by watching a U11 game. Go watch the 16s, 17s, and 18s and the let me know what you think
                            He's actually judging the two program's U14 teams. But he's basing it on seeing them play just because he happened to be there because of his U11. I say BS. He's just a dad and he's pimping his dd's team. It's just like when someone says how great this or that player is, but then claims to not be their parent.

Comment

Gfy

He's actually judging the two program's U14 teams. But he's basing it on seeing them play just because he happened to be there because of his U11. I say BS. He's just a dad and he's pimping his dd's team. It's just like when someone says how great this or that player is, but then claims to not be their parent.
                              OP again. GFY.

I DO NOT CARE one iota what you think.

I have older daughters too...have watched a LOT of soccer over the past 5-6 years. Good teams/good clubs----bad teams, bad clubs.

As I mentioned, again again, I DO NOT CARE what you think because you do not have a frickin' clue-----I DO NOT have a dog in this fight. I have friends with dd's on both teams....I have seen both teams play, enough, this summer and early fall, to say, from what I have seen, FC PDX looks to be better prepared and better organized.

Yes----I have seen Sodium play in their hey day....I have seen Mercury play, I have seen several of the top FC teams play, over the years. I have see WST play.....I have followed soccer for the past 7-10 years (from rec to club to high school to college)---end of the day, it's one person's opinion (mine) and you can GFY without lube, for all I care!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X