Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    But i thought FC "developed" their own talent. Oh wait. that's right. they just recruit from other clubs and claim to.
    They do both. Develop their own talent and then supplement with talent moving over from other clubs to fill in the gaps. It's a combination that few clubs can do because most have the talent leaving, not arriving. Really, do you think all of these kids move to FCP just because their parents like driving out to Liberty HS? There might be a bit more to it than that...

Comment

They do both. Develop their own talent and then supplement with talent moving over from other clubs to fill in the gaps. It's a combination that few clubs can do because most have the talent leaving, not arriving. Really, do you think all of these kids move to FCP just because their parents like driving out to Liberty HS? There might be a bit more to it than that...
      Tell me they won't be at Liberty next year. Delta Park?

Comment

FCP is notorious for underdeveloping and simply over recruting to kick original players off. Look at gs. He's managed to recruit good players for UP but he can't do anything wit them. Among others. Watch for thusc to continue to get stronger as fcp gimmick will only last so long.

Comment

Liberty is what kept us away from the club. There is no way we could make that drive and maintain our sanity.

Comment

I might argue that and I'm not even an FC parent.

U16- Winter 2014 standings look fairly even between their 4 teams in NPL, maybe slight advantage to THUSC

U15s- pretty even from Spring 2014 both on top of standings, THUSC won the one match up 1-0

U14- clearly FC

U13 This Fall, FC 27pts, THUSC 13pts.

U12 This Fall, THUSC 37pts, FC 35 pts

U11 clearly THUSC, FC's Navy is in 3rd Div? Not sure what's going on here.

Thank you for highlighting my exact point. FCP U12 was bailed out by players moving over from ***C and to a lesser extent Westside. Once again at U11 THUSC is building a strong team from ground up and where is FCP? Is Pacific really going to bail them out? Not sure why Pacific wouldn't want to combine with the best of THUSC to create a true high caliber team but I'm sure some of the parents of the tweeners will want to keep the team together and their kid on the field! Happy recruiting FCP...

Comment

Thank you for highlighting my exact point. FCP U12 was bailed out by players moving over from ***C and to a lesser extent Westside. Once again at U11 THUSC is building a strong team from ground up and where is FCP? Is Pacific really going to bail them out? Not sure why Pacific wouldn't want to combine with the best of THUSC to create a true high caliber team but I'm sure some of the parents of the tweeners will want to keep the team together and their kid on the field! Happy recruiting FCP...
              Come on, do you really believe that there are that many insane parents that at U12 are going to drive from North Vanc all the way to Liberty? Esp if they are already part of a successful team. NFW!

Comment

Come on, do you really believe that there are that many insane parents that at U12 are going to drive from North Vanc all the way to Liberty? Esp if they are already part of a successful team. NFW!
                I thought everyone in North Vanc was insane.

Comment

According to WT_FC parents, the girls that left for FCP were not "impact" players and were easily replaced. You're saying that those same players turned FCP into a top team. Which is it? WT_FC U12 certainly didn't improve after they left...

No recruiting necessary at FCP. The program speaks for itself. After all, it is one of the very few programs that players actually move TO, not away FROM...

Comment

FCP is notorious for underdeveloping and simply over recruting to kick original players off. Look at gs. He's managed to recruit good players for UP but he can't do anything wit them. Among others. Watch for thusc to continue to get stronger as fcp gimmick will only last so long.
                    If you develop you don't need to recruit.

Comment

Chicken or Egg?

If you develop you don't need to recruit.
                      With an infrastructure at both THUSC and FC Portland that has no recreational base of players to develop starting at Kinder and Pre Kinder and given the fact they are both classic only clubs, it's very generous to claim they develop players as they must recruit ever single player to join their club, guess what that means. Each player who has played at either of these clubs was developed by & from another club.

Comment

With an infrastructure at both THUSC and FC Portland that has no recreational base of players to develop starting at Kinder and Pre Kinder and given the fact they are both classic only clubs, it's very generous to claim they develop players as they must recruit ever single player to join their club, guess what that means. Each player who has played at either of these clubs was developed by & from another club.
                        Every player played at some other club. They weren't necessarily developed there. Think Eastside...

Comment

My 18 month old was kicking around at Indoor Goals, will make sure to thank them for developing my baby when she moves on.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X