Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hiring is not done by public consent. When they get very close names get floated with constituents, but all it does posting names here is invite crap either about who is selected, or who isn't selected. Not sure why anyone would make that choice.
    Because many times that "crap" is valid and there is no use in making a hire that will end in failure and cause the organization to be back here in 12 months.

Unless the board members have run professional sports organizations they are simply not qualified to make this decision on their own. I get that they feel entitled to because they are after all "Board members" but it's the height of arrogance for them to think they can do this without professional input and the input from those that have to live with their decisions.

Further unless you are willing to fire ALL the coaches they should also have input in the selection process. How productive would it be to hire a new DOC or ED that caused the better coaches to quit?

This "should" be a collaborative process. After all this is not the military where the orders come from the top down because this is an organization where the MONEY flows from the bottom UP!

Comment

For example

Because many times that "crap" is valid and there is no use in making a hire that will end in failure and cause the organization to be back here in 12 months.

Unless the board members have run professional sports organizations they are simply not qualified to make this decision on their own. I get that they feel entitled to because they are after all "Board members" but it's the height of arrogance for them to think they can do this without professional input and the input from those that have to live with their decisions.

Further unless you are willing to fire ALL the coaches they should also have input in the selection process. How productive would it be to hire a new DOC or ED that caused the better coaches to quit?

This "should" be a collaborative process. After all this is not the military where the orders come from the top down because this is an organization where the MONEY flows from the bottom UP!
      For example what would the members and coaches think about a secret process that resulted in Gavin becoming the New ED and Tom Atnecio becoming the new DOC?

Comment

Carry On As You Were

I think we shall find that not much has changed when the new names come out.

You have the same old network deciding on who they want at the top. Parents with money and little to no knowledge of the game will throw their financial influence into the ring to get their way.

The coaching here is light years behind the rest of the world. Jürgen Klinsmann has tried to make changes from the top down and while things are getting better its been a very slow process. We have the old network and money parents who dont want their DD or DS to not have a sport and have this pay to play program. We all saw this in the ODP and RTC with the same parents hanging around the coaches. Its not just a WT-FC thing its a Timbers alliance thing. The whole process is flawed.

I guess all we can do it wait until Jan 2015 and find out who the fine board members name in the new positions, but as I have said I don't think there will be much change which will be very sad as they have a great opportunity to make great change.

Comment

You have the same old network deciding on who they want at the top. Parents with money and little to no knowledge of the game will throw their financial influence into the ring to get their way.

The coaching here is light years behind the rest of the world. Jürgen Klinsmann has tried to make changes from the top down and while things are getting better its been a very slow process. We have the old network and money parents who dont want their DD or DS to not have a sport and have this pay to play program. We all saw this in the ODP and RTC with the same parents hanging around the coaches. Its not just a WT-FC thing its a Timbers alliance thing. The whole process is flawed.

I guess all we can do it wait until Jan 2015 and find out who the fine board members name in the new positions, but as I have said I don't think there will be much change which will be very sad as they have a great opportunity to make great change.
          Oooooooohhhhhh, change is coming. It will be an entirely new look.
          It has to be at the executive director position because when I read the job description it was totally different than the original general manager position. That position in itself will bring a different angle.

As for the doc.......who knows what will be different. Hiring one of the same guys that were already there would constitute as not a change in my opinion. The names that were mentioned in earlier post are probably not true. Thise guys are true quality and I'm not sure why they would even be looking at Vancouver.

Comment

Sounds like your post is all about your child not getting picked for something reading this

Comment

Not too smart I see. Sorry pal. That's unfortunate for you.

Comment

We're in agreement.

Comment

Very Wrong LOL

Sounds like your post is all about your child not getting picked for something reading this
                  I have no horse in the race so too speak Im just making observations and giving my opinions for what they are worth.

I love the game I have played it and coached at a high level most of my life until I came to the US.

I would love to coach again but as I said the system is flawed and not sure I would want to be in the political arena over the sports arena.

Comment

Not too smart I see. Sorry pal. That's unfortunate for you.
                    Did you spout that into the mirror this AM?

So what part of the post did you find disagreement with?

Have you ever been in this position in a NP?

I have and have seen the benefits of hiring change agents and I can GURANTEE you that without "buy in" from all parties to the process change agents are not successful.

If you have a degree in management you should call your school and demand a refund because you have fundamentally FAILED to understand what makes successful organizations work.

Comment

Did you spout that into the mirror this AM?

So what part of the post did you find disagreement with?

Have you ever been in this position in a NP?

I have and have seen the benefits of hiring change agents and I can GURANTEE you that without "buy in" from all parties to the process change agents are not successful.

If you have a degree in management you should call your school and demand a refund because you have fundamentally FAILED to understand what makes successful organizations work.
                      Wow, even more confirmation that you are stupid. Keep talking, this is great stuff.

Comment

Wow, even more confirmation that you are stupid. Keep talking, this is great stuff.
                        The fact that you can not articulate a single disagreement with the known and proven management practices I presented above means that you are not very high up in a successful corporation because if you were you would have learned about collaborative management.

I only pray that you are not on a Board of a local soccer club because yours is the mentality that has brought local soccer to the sorry state that exists.

When business analysts and advisors talk about what it takes for companies to succeed they emphasize HUMAN capital as much as financial and your are living [proof it's in short supply in Portland!

Orrrr you could just be TROLLING me "pretending" to be ignorant.

Comment

Very Quiet

Nothing been heard yet then? Think they will name people but the deadline they set themselves? I hope so for their sake as if this turns into a running saga as with the turf implementation if wont be confidence boosting for the members

Comment

Nothing been heard yet then? Think they will name people but the deadline they set themselves? I hope so for their sake as if this turns into a running saga as with the turf implementation if wont be confidence boosting for the members
                            Dude, I don't speak Ebonics. I think the board said by end of January they would announce

Comment

New Year

Dude, I don't speak Ebonics. I think the board said by end of January they would announce
                              The board said start of the new year?

Ebonics was that the word of the day?

Comment

I'm not sure that was ebonics. It looked to be good old fashioned western gibberish.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X